Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

got this by email

anyone want the code ?

te6js.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'd be interested but it depends on the ticket prices

• Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'd be interested but it depends on the ticket prices

idk the prices mate but ill pm ya the code anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Yea, if anyone wants my code, throw me a PM... Pretty high on my list of my most hated bands... The Scissor Sisters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Schexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

put me in the links there brah :3

Kersmash wrote: »
    put me in the links there brah :3
    Waiting for ya man to come back online so I can change it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I love hte online map thing... i just go on there and randomly call people gay and stuff... awesome :D

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    I love hte online map thing... i just go on there and randomly call people gay and stuff... awesome :D

Glad I can be of service :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Jesus christ it's another ginger midget :P now Mags and Lee can have a threesome.

Also is that Bread I see on the right hand side of the pic.

No, bread was trying to cover his face the whole night.. he's like The General

I demand Moar pics.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11725&g2_serialNumber=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Lads, im looking for a good 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound system for use with the PS3. Any recommendations where would be best to try?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Headshot wrote: »
    unless they have dedicated servers for all the major platforms

the game will always be broken

For now at least, it just depends on how technology in general advances really... when i first started playing online(About 11 years ago), 56k modems were the norm. Most of the time you'd be on a 250+ ping, within 5 years everyone was on 512KB boardband, pings were dropping to 60-70 average and before i stopped playing online(On PC) 20-30pings were the norm with 10MB being the standard... 5 years from now... i'd imagine most people will have 100MB fibre optic BB.. at least. So over the last 10 years internet has improved by nearly 100 times.. if it did that again over the next 10 years..

Once the hardware and network infrastructure improves there won't really be a need for dedicated servers as the host will be just as good. There will always be that host advantage.. but.. it'll eventually be so marginal that it wont make much difference. The biggest loss of dedicated servers wont be the superior connection.. imo it'll be that continuing to go down the matchmaking route, you'll lose a lot of communities.

Its also the game developers responsibility to have decent netcode aswel. TBH... i was suprised at how well MW2 ran when i first tried it out as it was my first time playing online on a console... especially since the main game i played before hand had such a huge "****ING LAG !!" culture (i.e... blame every death on lag) and has probably the best hitboxes and netcode out of any FPS to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Activision will release the fourth Call of Duty: Black Ops "content pack," named Resurrection, by end of September on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, the company says. Resurrection will follow First Strike, Escalation and Annihilation. Details still to come...

I don't really care now.They have had enough of my money they ain't getting more.

That's Robert Bowlings cat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Lads, im looking for a good 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound system for use with the PS3. Any recommendations where would be best to try?

I have a logiteck 5.1..

works great with optical cable! dont know much bout it coz when I say "I have" i mean by flatmates!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Magill wrote: »
    For now at least, it just depends on how technology in general advances really... when i first started playing online(About 11 years ago), 56k modems were the norm. Most of the time you'd be on a 250+ ping, within 5 years everyone was on 512KB boardband, pings were dropping to 60-70 average and before i stopped playing online(On PC) 20-30pings were the norm with 10MB being the standard... 5 years from now... i'd imagine most people will have 100MB fibre optic BB.. at least. So over the last 10 years internet has improved by nearly 100 times.. if it did that again over the next 10 years..

Once the hardware and network infrastructure improves there won't really be a need for dedicated servers as the host will be just as good. There will always be that host advantage.. but.. it'll eventually be so marginal that it wont make much difference. The biggest loss of dedicated servers wont be the superior connection.. imo it'll be that continuing to go down the matchmaking route, you'll lose a lot of communities.

Its also the game developers responsibility to have decent netcode aswel. TBH... i was suprised at how well MW2 ran when i first tried it out as it was my first time playing online on a console... especially since the main game i played before hand had such a huge "****ING LAG !!" culture (i.e... blame every death on lag) and has probably the best hitboxes and netcode out of any FPS to date.

Listen... Marty Mc-fookin Fly will be zooming around in his hover-skateboard before the likes of Eircom, UPC etc catch up with the rest of the world.

These games have a shelf life of exclusivity of one year. With millions of people playing online, there's f**k all excuse.

I accept that some people's "go-to" excuse is Lag.. but it doesn't invalidate when it IS the real issue. I've lost count of the times a kill-cam's version of events differs immensly from what happened from my perspective.

Removing stopping power IMHO was a great move in general. One person's gun should be as powerful in his/her hand (...ok "his" - who are we kidding ;)) as in the hand's of the opponent. The propogators of SP will say that it evens the field if they have worse connection, but they are forgetting the person with the better connection can be even better if they select that perk.

The next step is dedicated servers.

Frankly, I don't mind that much getting killed in a fair fight... what makes it fookin infuriating is getting killed in an unfair fight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement