Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Hillbillies chicken FTW

I jizzed many time's while eating it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Hillbillies chicken FTW

I jizzed many time's while eating it.

I've said it time and time again, it's the best chicken in Dublin, possibly Ireland.

Used to live in Clontarf and would eat it on a weekly basis. Now living in Clondalkin and still make the trek!

Oh man it's nomnomnom all the way.Love the gravy aswell.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I've said it time and time again, it's the best chicken in Dublin, possibly Ireland.

Used to live in Clontarf and would eat it on a weekly basis. Now living in Clondalkin and still make the trek!

Cheers for the reminder. St. John's Wood is where I lived for a few years as a wee nipper. Had to use google map :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Do you have it? Told Cody and Kells I'll be more than likely picking it up as on Saturday after I returned MW2.

Have it yea.. sitting at home and doesnt get much use!! takes a while to adapt to it from playing COD series.. different altogether. would be well up for a few games!! make a very nice change of pace!!

Must warn you thou.. I cant fly choppers for $hit... just cant get the controls right!!

Will do mate. That'll be you, me, Kells, Scody, Kenno(?), Remi(?) and Hypermuse who'll have it then. So it should be some banter alright. Stressful banter, but not MW2 stress :pac:

You can play in a squad of 4 usually with randomers but I dont know if that changes with a party.. Only ever played with 1 person online in party before..

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I like BFBC2 but a lot of people are selfish when it comes to the Choppers and I believe there is in game leaderboards in BFBC2

There are in game leaderboards.. most definately.. but all they give you is the points score (no K/D).. and those that top the leaderboards are usually there coz you get rewarded for attacking/defending the objective! You would be doing well to top the leaderboards alone by just killing ppl..

plus the whole vehicle scenario and another whole level to it!

Oh and can someone tell me which BF game I'm meant to be getting?

looks like this Ade

Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-PlayStation-3-0.jpg

Pretty pictures do it for ya? :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Cheers for the reminder. St. John's Wood is where I lived for a few years as a wee nipper. Had to use google map :pac:

Ha, how'd you remember to look that one up!? I've a head like a sieve!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

hypermuse wrote: »

looks like this Ade

Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-PlayStation-3-0.jpg

Pretty pictures do it for ya? :p

I seen it today for 20 squid in xtravision, Didn't really wanna buy it, I played through some of battlefield bc an didn't like it all that much, like it was nothing amazing, but if ya's want me to pick it up tell me an I will go get it, just cause I'm kool like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

FYI, buy BFBC2 1st hand. 2nd hand copies do not come with the €15 online pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I'd deffo be up for some BC2, tried to get into it a month or so ago, enjoyed it alot for a few days but its just too damn frustrating playing on your own (Far worse than CoD is imo). Gimmi a buzz if you want a few games tho, i'd imagine its much more fun playing with a party.

Oh.. and im ****hot in the choppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Hmm, it's not possible to look at everyone else's team, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

CORaven wrote: »
    FYI, buy BFBC2 1st hand. 2nd hand copies do not come with the €15 online pass.

true that!! buy it new with a unique VIP code and you a rake load of free downloads.. well worth paying that bit extra to get it new.. prob get it real cheap now that BF3 is on the horizon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

FYG wrote: »
    Hmm, it's not possible to look at everyone else's team, is it?

Nope

Ha, how'd you remember to look that one up!? I've a head like a sieve!

Haha. When you said Clondalkin. A siren went off in my head reminding me of our conversation at the beers plus on here aggggggeeees ago. Couldn't tell ya where I used to live! :pac:

Haha. When you said Clondalkin. A siren went off in my head reminding me of our conversation at the beers plus on here aggggggeeees ago. Couldn't tell ya where I used to live! :pac:

Canada?:P

Canada?:P

I was born in Ireland you goldfish :D

Lived in Canada from 92-95.

I'd love to know how many insult's i've been called today by You and Cody alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

I'd love to know how many insult's i've been called today by You and Cody alone.
    ive counted 349 on my behalf

Scody94 wrote: »
    ive counted 349 on my behalf

**** ya. Finished on 348 myself.

Fair play :mad:

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Nope

Ah, okay. Need to get access to the Soccer forum before the weekend so I can join that league and get some opinions on my first draft.

Do you guys recommend going for a weak bench, or a decent bench?

FYG wrote: »
    Ah, okay. Need to get access to the Soccer forum before the weekend so I can join that league and get some opinions on my first draft.

Do you guys recommend going for a weak bench, or a decent bench?
    That'd be revealing too much :p

You need players on you're bench who can turn a game and be a somewhat consistent points earners, be it defensively or in the attack sense IMO.

• Advertisement

That'd be revealing too much :p

You need players on you're bench who can turn a game and be a somewhat consistent points earners, be it defensively or in the attack sense IMO.

:pac:

Yeah, I guess. I don't think there is any point on spending much on a sub-'keeper though. My sub-keeper only cost 4.0, though he is a first-choice 'keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Broadband got upgraded...

1425563955.png

Its getting faster an faster! :D

What should you be getting?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Marmite, just why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Balfie wrote: »

1425563955.png

shhhheeeeit :P

Balfie wrote: »

1425563955.png

Sheds a tear.

15 people in the COD Fantasy Football league so far.

I know who the majority are, but just for reference sake(since I'am giving away prizes), could ya leave a comment on my profile or PM as to who's actually taking part.

Also, code to join this league once again is - 32613-18168

Not entirely sure what's the craic with the UK riots postponing gameweek 1 ithis coming weekend but deadline for making transfers as per most weeks is Saturday 11 or 11.30am. This week, it's entirely free. Every gameweek you can make one free transfer. Make another one, it'll cost you 4 points. If you don't use the free transfer, it's passed onto the next week, you'll have two free transfers and so on. Some teams will have double gameweeks, this can be a massive gamechanger. I remember captaining Vidic for example 2 years ago, and he ended up on something like 41 points. Likewise Torres, after scoring back to back hat tricks.

The scoring system is fairly simple. Points for clean sheets, number of saves, goals, assists, top 3 men of the match(ie: bounus points), time played and.. making you're player captain. Making a player captain, doubles the points no matter what they get. Also pick you're vice captain wisely incase you're vice captain is ill, injured, etc. Bookings, penalties missed and goal conceded take away from overall score.

Lastly, there is a wildcard. You can use this after the first week anytime you want for one time only. You can completely overhaul you're team for free, be it 5 changes or 15.

Few PM'ed me asking how it all works, so I hope this explains everything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ara its only slightly faster than mine Balfie
    1426120337.png

Also if I were to win a prize in the fantasy football I'll probably just pass it on to the next person
    PerrinV2=Lionel Hutz

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ara its only slightly faster than mine Balfie
    1426120337.png

Also if I were to win a prize in the fantasy football I'll probably just pass it on to the next person
    PerrinV2=Lionel Hutz

That's better than mine Perrin you fiend! :pac:

Is you're modem connected from the main telephone line? Mines is of an extension, where the PS3 is. Too many extensions in our house. Disconnect them all and plug modem into main telephone line, I can get an extra 1MB. 2MB package I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement