Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Scody94 wrote: »
    1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif
    Balfie wrote: »
    This is what u want to do

Blay wrote: »
    citizen_cane.gif

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

KUNT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Balfie wrote: »
    AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    #51 - Most Viewed (This Month) - Ireland
    #9 - Most Viewed (This Month) - Gurus - Ireland
    #79 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Ireland
    #13 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Gurus - Ireland

I love looking at these :D

I love when you shut the fuk up, because you have been spamming all of this shiite over an over again, ya had one thread on this cod forum, ya created, an then created a third. I'm sick of looking at all ur shiite!

Who the fuk cares if ur most viewed on utube in ireland for this monrh, who did ya beat? acodcommentator?

Stop spamming us with absolute bullshiite!

I'm not the only one in this forum, that thinks that ya are spamming the fuk out of all of us with ur shiite. if ya want to talk about cod then stop posting videos about halo, counter strike, an some other shiite.

Bad form balfie . That time of the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Do not insult other members if you have a problem with a post use the report button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Commentators I like are:
    TheMarkOfJ
    Fearcrads
    Nasaone (yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooo, what's good errybody? :p)
    Syndicate
    xCal
    Trout91
    402Thunder402
    Synwyn (PC commentator)
    xSMFxTheGoat
    DahGame360
    DTreats

Commentators I despise:
    Whiteboy
    xJawz
    F1sticuffs
    And a whoooole lot more I cba'd naming :)

I honestly do not get the whole fascination with these commentators or any other commentators in general. Why do people listen to them? From my experiences they are just drama queens and the majority of their content is more of a personal vlog than commentary on their gameplay.
    Combine that with a history of what I would consider unethical practices (likewhoring, DLC style videos [thumbs up and I will release Pt2], miscategorisation, inaccurate names and tags on videos, using their channel as a platform for whining and complaining about other youtube channels and anything that disrupts others on the youtube site) and a lack of useful (efficient) information, why do people bother listening to them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

+1 to everything there Raven.

I added one or two of them when it all kinda took off and have since not watched anything except for that one video from Woody were he asked for more views or whatever. Instantly deleted him.

I think the whole "YouTube communinty" is a joke and it's all the peoples fault for making them out to be some sort of a fúcking celebrity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Big respect to Syndicate, He turned down like $3000 to deliberately lose a game of COD against WoR. The COD Youtube community is rubbish these days and its never going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I watch Syndicate and Chris Smoove.That's it really I'm subbed to loads.But I only really watch them two and Sidesho and Bread and anyone off Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I havent watched a cod vid in ages , i like watching people i know , however there are some and their only interest is to promote themselves and their channel which is a total no no for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

CORaven wrote: »
    I honestly do not get the whole fascination with these commentators or any other commentators in general. Why do people listen to them? From my experiences they are just drama queens and the majority of their content is more of a personal vlog than commentary on their gameplay.
    Combine that with a history of what I would consider unethical practices (likewhoring, DLC style videos [thumbs up and I will release Pt2], miscategorisation, inaccurate names and tags on videos, using their channel as a platform for whining and complaining about other youtube channels and anything that disrupts others on the youtube site) and a lack of useful (efficient) information, why do people bother listening to them?

I agree with you on a lot of points, though this idea that all commentators are like-whores that put their videos into the "pets and animals" category for teh youtube monaays is unfair. Sure that stereotype is true in a lot of cases, but I'm obviously not going to sub to those channels. The list of people I named out imho genuinely are decent people who make their videos for entertainment purposes and don't beg for likes and favourites like others do. They also tend to give out helpful tips and tricks, ie their favourite nade spots, instead of constantly talking about their personal life a la Woodysgamertag. It's pretty clear that you and others here have watched a few commentaries from some of the "big-shot" YTers whos life depends on Youtube money and have decided that every other commentator must talk the same shíte too :p. It's simply not always the case, I'm sure there is someone out there that would appeal to you

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I've said my piece on Youtube and the COD community overall already, so won't go there again, well entirely but while I'm critical, there are a couple of consistently enjoyable commentators I like listening to. They are certainly in the minority though what with the influx of people getting a HD PVR since 2007/2008.

Be it them being a) funny (Smoove and Xcal) or b) thought provoking and spark up decent conversations with varying topics but are funny too. Not talking about just COD too. For the latter, the likes of Hutch and Seannaners (ie: the only good thing about Machinma these days IMHO) spring to mind.

As said, there are good'uns out there but they are hard to find these days.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

HoW.jpg

:P

Need to download that for my emulator later. Think it was the first turn based game I really enjoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I think Ghost and Balfie should have a 1v1 and we should live stream it!

Winner gets $5,000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

fjsanchez wrote: »
    I agree with you on a lot of points, though this idea that all commentators are like-whores that put their videos into the "pets and animals" category for teh youtube monaays is unfair. Sure that stereotype is true in a lot of cases, but I'm obviously not going to sub to those channels. The list of people I named out imho genuinely are decent people who make their videos for entertainment purposes and don't beg for likes and favourites like others do. They also tend to give out helpful tips and tricks, ie their favourite nade spots, instead of constantly talking about their personal life a la Woodysgamertag. It's pretty clear that you and others here have watched a few commentaries from some of the "big-shot" YTers whos life depends on Youtube money and have decided that every other commentator must talk the same shíte too :p. It's simply not always the case, I'm sure there is someone out there that would appeal to you

I agree with what your saying but these people really are in the minority. Even guys who have say 5000 subs will say "please like the video, it helps me alot". The reason 99% of people who post COD gameplays do it is the hope they can secure a YT partnership. Even some people on this forum post videos and have less than a couple hundred subs yet are talking about a partnership. Its the sole reason they make the videos. Most of the main guys have become tiresome to listen to nowadays and I don't know why 1000's still watch every video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

the reason these big guys stay popular is because the "community" if you can call it that. Is getting bigger every day and they're the easiest to find.

As for me, yeah i make videos, but i can say honestly that i enjoy doing it and do it for fun. I don't ask for likes at all, i don't care. I've no false hope of striking it big or getting a partnership, that's not what i care about.

As for watching people on youtube i kinda only watch irish lads and people i know. Don't watch that many big guys at all.

Kersmash wrote: »
    the reason these big guys stay popular is because the "community" if you can call it that. Is getting bigger every day and they're the easiest to find.

As for me, yeah i make videos, but i can say honestly that i enjoy doing it and do it for fun. I don't ask for likes at all, i don't care. I've no false hope of striking it big or getting a partnership, that's not what i care about.

As for watching people on youtube i kinda only watch irish lads and people i know. Don't watch that many big guys at all.

I honestly get a little patriotic when I see an Irish guy post a video on Machinima :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

CORaven wrote: »

The thing is... you/me and most people on boards... arent really their target audience, as far as i know the majority of people who watch commentaries and **** are aged 13-17 (My last montage was 50% 13-17 year olds and that is low since i get most of my views from boards). The only people i watch these days are hutch/nanners/sark (some of the big montages), and most of their videos aren't even cod related. As for the CoD community disrupting the youtube community... meh... the entire youtube community is the same. The guys with 2-3million subs all ask for likes / favs and they were doing giveaways well before any of the CoD guys started doing them so its not really a CoD specific thing. Don't have a problem with people asking for likes, i usually like most videos i watch anyway. The whole "5000 likes for part 2" = automatic dislike from me tho.

As for commentators thinking they're some sort of mini celebrity.... lets be honest here guys.. some of them are. Someone like seannaners has over 750,000 people watching each of his videos, thats a LOT of people.

Anyone that gets upset or "hates" the youtube/cod community needs to get their heads checked because they clearly have some issues if something as avoidable as youtube gets on their nerves. No1 forces you to watch their videos.

P.S About 10 hours into Deus Ex... GOTY so far and will no doubt be in the top 2 or 3 come January.

are you playing it on ps3 Mag?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Kersmash wrote: »
    are you playing it on ps3 Mag?

Yeah :P
    AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I played it on Xbox and I love it, pretty sad how I don't own it, but my god it is amazing, gameplay is a tad chunky but none the else it is great, I like to sneak, what about you Mag?

A bit of everything, haven't got any of the stealth perks yet tho, so just whip out my fully modded 10mm when i get into trouble and pop heads :P

Im guessing by chunky you mean the control layout, took me a while getting used to it alrite, but they defo did a good job of keeping it tidy for how much you can do. Really good stuff :P Lots of yellow !

Downloading CS:S off Steam now, God I will be such a noob

Holy shít, Steam opens so fast on this PC :D

Buying CSS now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

started playing Gears of War again, on 2 now in the run up to 3's release, forgotten how good these games are.

13 Seconds to render a 9+ Minute video to MP3

You Jelly Lee? :D

aKEuZ.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Tallon wrote: »
    You Jelly Lee? :D

jelly6.jpg

Finally CSS is finished downloading (yes I know, it took this long, rural Eircom :( ). Already looks savage, and for only a fiver! With so many of ye buying it this weekend, we should start a sexy n00b clan ;)

think my laptop may be ****ed. Was playing minecraft and it stalled completely, almost froze up, restarted it and now it's configuring service pack? O.o really slowly. Ah lads.

nvm seems good now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement