Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Kersmash wrote: »
    When is BF3 out?

25th October

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=battlefield+3+release+date

:P

October 28th man.Beta is out this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,337 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I will be livestreaming BF3 on Thursday, I can add you on Origin if you like and we can play. :)

ya go on then

headshotbrds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

So tired..yet I can't sleep?

Mind****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Perfect timing for Yellow light of death, before FIFA 12 and BF3. :rolleyes:

If I do get another PS3 it will be number 5 in 5 years, ****íng ridic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,337 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    No origin ID found with headshotbrds :confused:

strange

give me yours and ill try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

beertons wrote: »
    Oh god. That moment just happened. Went to tesco to get a few bits. Card failed. Mother in law bailed me out. Mortified.
    ##

Oh Beery.. that's well bad!! Well embarrassed for ya!

Even if I did snigger a ickle bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Played a few games of CS:S with ya there lakes, dunno if you realised I joined your game or not tho :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Kersmash wrote: »
    Played a few games of CS:S with ya there lakes, dunno if you realised I joined your game or not tho :P

I spectated to watch a few players, then I see kersmash ! It's a good server

Whats your steams guys.Bored of consoles at the mo.Crawling back to pc with CS lately :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

kersmash. Play a bitta tf2 if you're interested :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Was in the bank an hour or so ago. Saw Twink. Nearly burst out laughing, had to look the other way to stop her seeing me. Reckon she copped on though :pac:

Soby wrote: »
    Whats your steams guys.Bored of consoles at the mo.Crawling back to pc with CS lately :P

mine is LakesKeane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

A bit disappointed with BF3, maybe its the lack of vehicles in the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

iMuse wrote: »
    A bit disappointed with BF3, maybe its the lack of vehicles in the beta

What's it like graphics-wise on console?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

fjsanchez wrote: »
    What's it like graphics-wise on console?

Its not bad looking but its nowhere near the PC vids. Killzone, Uncharted and Gears are better looking graphicaly imo

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

iMuse wrote: »
    Its not bad looking but its nowhere near the PC vids. Killzone, Uncharted and Gears are better looking graphicaly imo

its the lack of 60fps that kills it, not a bother on pc but on consoles it suffers, its still lovely looking but COD will always look smoother because of the framerate, say what ya like about COD as a series but its the pinnacle of how a fps console game should look and feel like. most games feel so sluggish in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

krudler wrote: »
    its the lack of 60fps that kills it, not a bother on pc but on consoles it suffers, its still lovely looking but COD will always look smoother because of the framerate, say what ya like about COD as a series but its the pinnacle of how a fps console game should look and feel like. most games feel so sluggish in comparison.

so true. Largely stopped buying games because of the COD series. Bought a few FPS recently and they all feel shyte (except Resistance 3) in comparison. Not a big fan of Blops but still think it's a good game technically.... if that makes sense.

"Request a minimum of 256mb RAM with any new computer".

Kill. Me. Now.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    so true. Largely stopped buying games because of the COD series. Bought a few FPS recently and they all feel shyte (except Resistance 3) in comparison. Not a big fan of Blops but still think it's a good game technically.... if that makes sense.

it works for some games, Killzone for example, its nice and weighty and if you were legging around COD style the combat style would change. I've been playing Gears all week and jumped into a quick game of MW2 the other night and it looks way faster than I remember it purely from playing a non 60fps game for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I was overtaken by a 08 Bimmer 5 Series (navy blue) unmarked Garda car this morning, on the Ballycullen Road. There was Garda lighting on the dash and rear, only noticable when up close or lit. Didn't realise the Garda had unmarked Bimmers in circulation.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    "Request a minimum of 256mb RAM with any new computer".

Kill. Me. Now.

That what they're teaching you? :pac::pac:

LakesKeane wrote: »
    That what they're teaching you? :pac::pac:

Yup. And how DVD's are "emerging technologies" in another paper we had to answer questions on.... :confused:

Enigma IE wrote: »
    I was overtaken by a 08 Bimmer 5 Series (navy blue) unmarked Garda car this morning, on the Ballycullen Road. There was Garda lighting on the dash and rear, only noticable when up close or lit. Didn't realise the Garda had unmarked Bimmers in circulation.

Aye,im usually just scanning the road for Ford's.But they can be in anything :P

Yup. And how DVD's are "emerging technologies" in another paper we had to answer questions on.... :confused:

rrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiidiculous !

lolwut, physical media will die a death over the next few years, digital downloads and cloud services are emerging tech, dvds have been around since 1996 ffs!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Played BF3 for a good hour and a bit yesterday at my mates. Thoroughly enjoyed it despite a few bugs/glitches and long waiting times to get into a lobby at times, it's to be expected though what with it being a beta.

Gonna download it later for the PS3(weeping at a probable 8 hour download in the process) and get in as many hours as possible .

Looking at vids on Youtube, Caspian Border map is quite feckin stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Played BF3 for a good hour and a bit yesterday at my mates. Thoroughly enjoyed it despite a few bugs/glitches and long waiting times to get into a lobby at times, it's to be expected though what with it being a beta.

Gonna download it later for the PS3(weeping at a probable 8 hour download in the process) and get in as many hours as possible .

Looking at vids on Youtube, Caspian Border map is quite feckin stunning.

JUst started the download now.. Will prob be done in bout 7 mins :D

Scratch that.. Just finished installing! might sneak in a few games and head to work then.

Looks amazing on PC with ultra settings but thinking the PS3 version will be alot blockier!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement