Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

hypermuse wrote: »
    A sponge bath would be epic Craig!! would love that! :D

Theres a limit as to how much I will do.. ha

Did ya go the Garda station or anything to report it? Was the Guy/Woman an ass about it or all full of apologies and all that malark?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

What happened to you?I was expecting you fell or something then Balfe said ^

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Hit by an observant driver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

cycling down the Clonskeagh road n some1 reversed outa their drive n clipped me!! don't remember a whole lot!!

some1 was telling me its illegal to reverse outa your driveway onto a busy road so started thread in AH bout it.. never heard of it before .. true apparently!!
    Your man was apologetic and accommodating when I called him.. will get his details n file a garda report as back up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It's true... You can't reverse onto a road

• Advertisement

CLAIM,CLAIM,CLAIM!Sue his sorry ass for all it's worth!Is your back not a bit aching after it? <_<
    >_>

tried playing bitta BF3 there... not gonna happen!

wont be on PS3 for at least 4-5 weeks I'd Imagine!!! Time to start watching the wire me thinks! have 5season of it dl'd and ready to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

hypermuse wrote: »
    tried playing bitta BF3 there... not gonna happen!

wont be on PS3 for at least 4-5 weeks I'd Imagine!!! Time to start watching the wire me thinks! have 5season of it dl'd and ready to go!

Tiger Woods + Playstaion move = Sorted ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Since many preowned bluray PS3 games are faulty Im going to get Uncharted 2 brand spanking new and get Uncharted 3 off santy.

Spoiler to all Wii COD players:
    Santa's not fcuking real

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Since many preowned bluray PS3 games are faulty Im going to get Uncharted 2 brand spanking new and get Uncharted 3 off santy.

lol who told you that !

• Advertisement

What that preowned PS3 games are faulty? oh its personal experience actually, I bought a copy of uncharted 2 and it killed the laser in my PS3, Ade called it the Bluray of Death and its been breaking a lot of PS3's so ive heard including Ade's I think.
    It wasn't the bluray that did it...

They're not faulty

I'd say 50% of my games are second hand an none of them have broken nothin in my ps3.

How ya have come to that conclusion I will never know..

The mind boggles.

Balfie wrote: »
    I'd say 50% of my games are second hand an none of them have broken nothin in my ps3.

How ya have come to that conclusion I will never know..

The mind boggles.

+1

every 2nd hand game I've got works flawlessly!! Comes with a year guarantee from Game aswel afaik..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yup any 2nd hand game I've got have never caused a problem. Although I try and buy them new so as not to harm struggling developers like Activision:rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

What that preowned PS3 games are faulty? oh its personal experience actually, I bought a copy of uncharted 2 and it killed the laser in my PS3, Ade called it the Bluray of Death and its been breaking a lot of PS3's so ive heard including Ade's I think.

No. I said on Twitter your Blue Ray laser could be faulty and you'd have to get it fixed if that were to case, mentioning a place in Bray where you can get it fixed or try to fix it yourself using Youtube as a guide. Think I said it'll cost you around 60 euros to get it fixed (half price for me as iz l33t) Never blamed the game as such.

All of the preowned games I have ever picked up for the the PS3 from 2006-2011 work fine.

just changed over my playstation to hdmi, found a cable in the house an was messing around, couldn't get the head set to work, was thinkin bollox, gonna have to change back.. Figured out the settings an now I don't know how I was playing it in sd all that time.. 1080i is unreal... Fukin hell..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

just changed over my playstation to hdmi, found a cable in the house an was messing around, couldn't get the head set to work, was thinkin bollox, gonna have to change back.. Figured out the settings an now I don't know how I was playing it in sd all that time.. 1080i is unreal... Fukin hell..

Ffs

You were playing in SD?

You poor thing :(

I know I know... Noob an all that, I tried the hdmi cable before and it wouldnt work, so I gave up on the idea, then tried it again today an it worked.. All this time I didn't think it would work cause it didnt happen for me the first time!

I know epic face palm!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

LOL! :D

I once played the PS3 in SD ages ago. Had to squint my eyes so bad, just couldn't make out anything and was barely going positive in COD! Makes some of the good games you had before that bit impressive so.

• Advertisement

LOL! :D

I once played the PS3 in SD ages ago. Had to squint my eyes so bad, just couldn't make out anything and was barely going positive in COD! Makes some of the good games you had before that bit impressive so.

Doesn't stop me feeling like an absolute retard :P maybe when I play in HD I will notice a difference an say jaysus how did I play like this haha,

oh balfie!! Very brave of you to tell that embarrassing story! :D

Is anyone using chrome that thinks their Boards text got smaller?
    Just boards with Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I've use chrome occasionally, and boards does not seem to agree with it at all for me. The navigation bar along the top keeps disappearing and ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Is anyone using chrome that thinks their Boards text got smaller?
    Just boards with Chrome.

No, its the same as always for me

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Spoiler to all Wii COD players:
    Santa's not fcuking real

Ah but Santa works in mysterious ways! You get Xmas presents every year, don't you...? This is the Xmas spirit working through you and proof of his existence :D

SO if so many have only used the PS3 in SD, has anybody tried the PS3 in 3D??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement