Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Gutted.

whygt.png

.. at least I made Ste €25. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

So, Miracle of Sound wrote me an intro song, I really like it :D

Made a quick video to go with it, I'll probably change it later

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Got a hybrid sight for my ACR, it's pretty sweet :D

I need a tac vest for my Ghost costume for halloween, any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Not sure, anything your comfy with will do, honestly to me makes no difference as long as it holds my mags :P

any decent irish sites? or ebay be my best bet, dont need anything fancy, just a bog standard one will do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

krudler wrote: »
    any decent irish sites? or ebay be my best bet, dont need anything fancy, just a bog standard one will do

You can take mine .....cant see me using it until after chrimbo .

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

ordered an invertor for my laptop screen 2 weeks ago, an it still hasn't come, only from Feckin england aswell.. It says it was dispatched last week, so how it hasn't got here yet I have no idea..

scrap that.. It just came there..

Balfie wrote: »
    ordered an invertor for my laptop screen 2 weeks ago, an it still hasn't come, only from Feckin england aswell.. It says it was dispatched last week, so how it hasn't got here yet I have no idea..

A what? :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got UPC today, I think I'm in love.

• Advertisement

BRO HUG!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Denny M wrote: »
    Got UPC today, I think I'm in love.

Ye rub it in :(

Leeg17 wrote: »
    A what? :o

There is a thing in the back of the laptop called an invertor, its for the screen, I thought mine was broke and thats why my screen would turn on for a minute and then go black, so I ordered a new one, an it came today, I put it into the laptop, and it still keeps happening, so I don't know whats happening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

Sounds like the backlight is on the blink to me. Happened to me, opening and closing the lid would have it come back on, probably jiggled the connection, but just got progressively worse over time. If you look closely at the screen, can you see anything displayed?

EI_Flyboy wrote: »
    Sounds like the backlight is on the blink to me. Happened to me, opening and closing the lid would have it come back on, probably jiggled the connection, but just got progressively worse over time. If you look closely at the screen, can you see anything displayed?

yeah there is stuff displayed, and when I close the screen when it goes off, it goes back on again, but it doesnt last long, thats why I thought it was the invertor... Dunno what it could be now... its a pain in the arse... need to get meself a new one I think.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Balfie wrote: »
    EI_Flyboy wrote: »

yeah there is stuff displayed, and when I close the screen when it goes off, it goes back on again, but it doesnt last long, thats why I thought it was the invertor... Dunno what it could be now... its a pain in the arse... need to get meself a new one I think.... :(
    What the...? I have this problem too, it's a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

fjsanchez wrote: »
    What the...? I have this problem too, it's a bitch

I KNOW!!! It's just a little lightstrip that sits at one edge of the screen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backlight
    You have to pop open the screen panel to replace it, I don't think it's that much of a job usually. You can usually find them cheap enough on ebay.

I am in such a good mood... Ridiculous!

Next week cannot come any sooner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Tallon wrote: »

But the CoD beers aren't until the week after ;)

everlast75 wrote: »
    But the CoD beers aren't until the week after ;)
    i'll be double celebrating by then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Darksouls = Awesome :P

Tallon wrote: »

You get your first kiss now or what? :P

something like that :p

Haha. Next week is 2nd base? :P

_____

Had a PAL session with the first years, on my own as we're usually in pairs teaching. It didn't go as bad as I had expected considering I'm very quiet and hate that kinda stand-up-and-talk shíte. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Haha. Next week is 2nd base? :P

two weeks after that, Tallon unlocks....

AllYourBase.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

**** YOU HMV YOU *****.

They rang this morning to say that there not getting in MW3 hardened,After I pay,I get a refund but I don't get the ****ing Special edition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

**** YOU HMV YOU *****.

They rang this morning to say that there not getting in MW3 hardened,After I pay,I get a refund but I don't get the ****ing Special edition.

They'll still sell it through their website. This kind of online-only for the collectors editions is common enough for PC games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement