Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

27-30 Hole in Ones I have now and around a third were in Tourney difficulty :P I'll post a pic later.

Also, I finally platinumed the game yesterday - should have done it much sooner but I was skipping one too many events in career without realizing and was overtaken by TW as World No.1 over 200 weeks in! Gutted. 281 weeks |(so around 6 seasons if I'm not mistaken) is the target for the trophy/accomplishment. So had to start over and do it.

Magill wrote: »
    Pffttt.... come back when ya hole in one the last hole... to finish joint top ;)

But never win outright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

But never win outright ;)

I did once :) Not bad for someone whos only played the game for less than 10 hours (Since the PS2 TW days !). Games too easy anyway :)

I did once :) Not bad for someone whos only played the game for less than 10 hours (Since the PS2 TW days !). Games too easy anyway :)

Haha get off it, you've never beat me. Only Cody has once (jammy conte). You've drawn with me a few times alright though. Nearest you got to beating me was when I was a woman and you were Tiger Woods on the Greek course but we drew.

Easy? You'd beat me then if it was :D Oh and try tourney mode ;) No power meter for full shots or putting, no spin or any boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Humming this all morning

And on another note.John Delaney -PRICK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I've come close to beating Ade a few time's then choked -_-

hes a got a lag switch or something the wee jobby bastard :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Soby wrote: »
    hes a got a lag switch or something the wee jobby bastard :P

He doesnt need a lag switch ,he has eircom :P

Shammy wrote: »

True that :P..thats the excuse he always comes out with anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

everlast75 wrote: »
    Cheers man,

He's 3 now - he was really misstreated by his previous owner - tied to a post out the back most of the time :mad:

Cannot understand people like that.. they should be castrated and then dipped in a vat of vinegar!

Congrats on the new addition, I'm getting a second dog after chrimbo too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

job interview tomorrow.. I never get nervous for interviews, I just get on with it, no point being nervous.. But this one has me nervous cause its been about 3 years an countless emails back sayin, ''we are sorry but your application has been unsuccessful at this time, we will keep your cv on file should another position arise'' so this is my first one in a long time, an I'm bricking it!

This time next week I could be back on the work force :D

I've come close to beating Ade a few time's then choked -_-

Par 3 hardly counts as challenging in fairness :D

. I'll gladly take on you guys in TW this weekend if you's are up for it. Preferably Tourney difficulty and my course set up. Think you remember the one time you played tourney with me Kells :p
    Shammy wrote: »

Not getting a Xmas card:

Ste
    Shammy

Bastards :pac:

Balfie wrote: »
    job interview tomorrow.. I never get nervous for interviews, I just get on with it, no point being nervous.. But this one has me nervous cause its been about 3 years an countless emails back sayin, ''we are sorry but your application has been unsuccessful at this time, we will keep your cv on file should another position arise'' so this is my first one in a long time, an I'm bricking it!

Wish ya all the best for that man.

Wish ya all the best for that man.

Thanks man :)

Not getting a Xmas card:
    Not giving a **** :
    Ste
    :)

This with ourselves or a different one ? :)

Haha get off it, you've never beat me. Only Cody has once (jammy conte). You've drawn with me a few times alright though. Nearest you got to beating me was when I was a woman and you were Tiger Woods on the Greek course but we drew.

Easy? You'd beat me then if it was :D Oh and try tourney mode ;) No power meter for full shots or putting, no spin or any boost.

lol :) I donno, i've won a few times when playing with you lot, maybe you timed out or something. You played it quite a lot compared to me tho ! And if ste beat you... :P . But yeah it is a pretty simple game... not like it requires any kind of skill once you level up ! Most mistakes you make are because of RNG's because your stats aren't maxed, once you get your putting sorted.. theres not much else to it (Like real golf joke):) Like any game i've played... practice = easy.

Good luck balfe

This with ourselves or a different one ? :)

Tis with yourself.. Got a call yesterday bout it.. :D in there at half 10 tomorrow..

Tis with yourself.. Got a call yesterday bout it.. :D in there at half 10 tomorrow..

SWEET :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Best of luck Craig!!

What sort of work is it?? I assume male modeling you sexy thing you! :p

• Advertisement

hypermuse wrote: »
    Best of luck Craig!!

What sort of work is it?? I assume male modeling you sexy thing you! :p

Yeah man, big posters of me everywhere gonna be up all over the place.. :D Haha :P

Tis working with the Soby fella up in the cinema.. Good owl retail, what every man wants to be doing :D Haha... Need somethin to get me sanity back, sitting around doin nothin for so long me brain is turning to mush ha

Thanks man :)

lol :) I donno, i've won a few times when playing with you lot, maybe you timed out or something. You played it quite a lot compared to me tho ! And if ste beat you... :P . But yeah it is a pretty simple game... not like it requires any kind of skill once you level up ! Most mistakes you make are because of RNG's because your stats aren't maxed, once you get your putting sorted.. theres not much else to it (Like real golf joke):) Like any game i've played... practice = easy.

Drawing = winning? You've never won against me 100% guaranteed. My stats were always worse off than you guys, so I had no advantage stat wise. As for skill, I've never mentioned that. But you've only played on amateur difficulty where there is power boost, spin boost, less sensitivity on swing and a putting line/preview. Try playing without that, I doubt you'd even shoot even par.

RNG's?

Ste beat me.. yep... as a woman vs him as TW... something you couldn't do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

Drawing = winning? You've never won against me 100% guaranteed. My stats were always worse off than you guys, so I had no advantage stat wise. As for skill, I've never mentioned that. But you've only played on amateur difficulty where there is power boost, spin boost, less sensitivity on swing and a putting line/preview. Try playing without that, I doubt you'd even shoot even par.

RNG's?

*cough *cough 17-1 on skins :D:D:D

RNG's?

Did i?How can the best day of my life have happened and i don't remember ? :P

Scody94 wrote: »
    *cough *cough 17-1 on skins :D:D:D

2 holed shots ffs :pac:

I'm throwing this out there. Either us 4 in simultaneous sometime this weekend or 1 vs 1 (me) inmatch play, in tourney difficulty :)

Did i?How can the best day of my life have happened and i don't remember ? :P

Think you did on par 3 skins. You got a hole in one? Might be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

RNG's?

I meant with kells/cody/ste, i only played 3 or 4 times with you and a couple of times with the others..

I played a full season on the same settings as the masters is (No spin etc) and was managing -5 to -10 pretty easily (My stats are ****e) which is quite a lot as i've only done about 4 seasons (Skipping most of the events and not doing any of the challenges etc... its boring). Once you get all your stats up theres nothing to it really.

RNG = Random number generator... which is pretty much how your stats work when putting(And everything else). The higher your stats the less chance your putt will go awol.

EDIT. WHOOHOOO !! First competitive game of CS:GO is gonna be streaming later tonite !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Good luck with the job balfie! Sell yourself ;) Not like you're used to now, the other way :pac:

Tell them what they want to hear. Might be harsh but 'nice guys finish last'

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement