Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Don't know if anyone saw the Indy Car crash from last night. Horrific scenes :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Stayed up refreshing my Twitter for further info. Only watched Senna earlier on in the day too.. Wasn't in a good mind set for it.

Thoughts go out to his wife, 2 children, family and friends.

Stayed up refreshing my Twitter for further info. Only watched Senna earlier on in the day too.. Wasn't in a good mind set for it.

Thoughts go out to his wife, 2 children, family and friends.

Indeed. Saw the family statement and my heart went out to them.

It's a minor miracle in some way that only one person died tbh from looking at the footage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Don't know if anyone saw the Indy Car crash from last night. Horrific scenes :(

It was a crazy crash.. but with that sort of sport (indy/nascar) all it needs is one car to make a mistake and the consequences for the rest of the field can be catastrophic.. or lethal in this case!

I feel for every1 involved.. friends, family and the indy community!

Its a dangerous sport but the fact there are so little deaths is a testament to how far safety in motor racing has come! But there is no way you can protect someone from a scenario such as last night!!

R.I.P Dan Wheldon

• Registered Users Posts: 54,330 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

125 euro for a battery for the Dell XPS M1530

mg what a rip off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I GOT THE JOB :D

Balfie wrote: »

good lad Balfie!! If you can get job then there is hope for everyone!! :D

Gratz bud!!

something I was wanting to ask a while back..

I'm not a mega gamer like some of ye lads but which is better..

GAME or Gamestop??

I've always used GAME purely coz its in Dundrum and that's where I used to work and where the still works so I'd be out there often..

Is there any huge difference with them (selling/buying games, reward points etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hypermuse wrote: »
    something I was wanting to ask a while back..

I'm not a mega gamer like some of ye lads but which is better..

GAME or Gamestop??

I've always used GAME purely coz its in Dundrum and that's where I used to work and where the still works so I'd be out there often..

Is there any huge difference with them (selling/buying games, reward points etc)

depends really, wouldnt really have any loyalty towards them, never buy preowned games and rarely trade stuff in so whatevers on sale or whoever has good preorder stuff I go with, generally HMV have the best new game prices, they're usually less than 45 quid when game or gamestop are 50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Headshot wrote: »
    125 euro for a battery for the Dell XPS M1530

mg what a rip off

Don't go OEM ;)

• Advertisement

Prison and Feedback forums can really make for a great read if you are ever bored :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Like krudler I think hmv are the best when it comes to buying new games usually a fiver cheaper.
    I don't like gamestop too much,they usually offer the worst trade in value(although I think I've only ever traded in 3 games) and have the worst prices.

So ye aint loyal to one??

I just figured it might work out cheaper in the long run if you stuck with one retailer, you know, loyalty points which get you discounts etc etc..

Best advice is not bother sticking with one place and just shop around?
    I usually have been shopping around but when I traded in few games to GAME I also pre-ordered 3 games.. then started thinking bout the whole is better to stick with one or just go for cheapest where you can find it..

Always shop around.

HMV are usually as the best for new releases as Perrin pointed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Prison and Feedback forums can really make for a great read if you are ever bored :D

I spend alot of time on both. Rugby thread in feedback over the last day or 2 is/was very funny and as a result a little thread in prison that put a smile on my face and I'm sure many others too :pac:

IPAM wrote: »
    I spend alot of time on both. Rugby thread in feedback over the last day or 2 is/was very funny and as a result a little thread in prison that put a smile on my face and I'm sure many others too :pac:

Won't go too much into detail but to say I agree with ya :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

holy ****, skyrim is nearly out. there goes any hope of ever getting a college degree.

Kersmash wrote: »
    holy ****, skyrim is nearly out. there goes any hope of ever getting a college degree.

You probably could get a degree within the game lol

Kersmash wrote: »

so excited bout it!! you can keep your BF3 and MW3

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

dear Santa...

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    dear Santa...

Lol, imagine if it was affordable. Kids placing a ladder or something similar beside it and going for their 1080 backflip no scopezzz

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Balfie wrote: »

I know it's only days Balfie, but if ya get bored in there, I could tell ya a fun thing to do in one of the rooms with a bottle of poppers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Slowly losing the will to come into my course atm ... !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Watching that episode of the Simpsons where Homer grabs the Statue of Liberty Gummie of the babysitter's arse, so many quotes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

along with the conspiracy theories forum..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

hypermuse wrote: »
    GAME or Gamestop??
    which ever one is handiest tbh.

when i want a game i want it,none of this ordering online and waiting a few days.

Save 3 euro's??fuk that i want it now:pac:

How bad are ya ghost, a kid upsetting ya lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement