Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

why is everything breaking on ppl?? I'm staying away from this thread!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Well I dunno if this really counts but when I switch from my hdmi cable to my component cable the screen goes to crap even though I set my display settings correctly.
    So my cable is broken

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

hypermuse wrote: »
    what a perfect time for your PS3 to go tits up.. I mean its probably the most intense time ever for great game releases!!

feel for ya.. :(

meh

I would seriously beg, borrow or steal to ensure I had a PS3 now. I have a spare one (old phat model) in case of such emergencies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    krudler wrote: »
    noooooooooooooooooooooooo, my ps3 disk drive died on me, was playing Arkham, game froze, turned it off and now it wont read discs, fook

http://consolerepairs.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_68&products_id=194

Im getting mine done here, they will repair your PS3 within 2 hours for 60-90 euro, which is 30-40 less than Sony, and they keep the warranty sticker intact. :)
    They fixed my old Xbox 360 and a wii their pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

gcgirl wrote: »
    They fixed my old Xbox 360 and a wii their pretty good

I got my old xbox fixed too before I gave it to Temple Street. 6 month warranty too.

Very good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Uploading to youtube in 10 seconds. Gotta love fast internetz :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Leeg17 wrote: »

Woop Woop Woop!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hmm, so after a bit of digging around, h'apparently the 1 year warranty with ps3s is a load old hooey, put enough pressure on the retailer who sold it stating under eu law it should last more than 2 years and up to 6 and you'll get it seen to, theres a thread about it on the ps forum. gonna ring gamestop later and see what happens, have the box and reciept in like new condition, hell it even has the plastic bags and ties that held everything together inside the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Well I dunno if this really counts but when I switch from my hdmi cable to my component cable the screen goes to crap even though I set my display settings correctly.
    So my cable is broken

I was rearranging my desk and I think I plugged in the wrong power supply. Then i smelled fire :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Got the 5 year anniversary edition of Oblivion today, to tide me over till Skyrim comes out. Only 21 quid in game, happy out!

hmm, so after a bit of digging around, h'apparently the 1 year warranty with ps3s is a load old hooey, put enough pressure on the retailer who sold it stating under eu law it should last more than 2 years and up to 6 and you'll get it seen to, theres a thread about it on the ps forum. gonna ring gamestop later and see what happens, have the box and reciept in like new condition, hell it even has the plastic bags and ties that held everything together inside the box.

Yeah, happened to me. Made a fuss and got a replacement FOC :)

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Yeah, happened to me. Made a fuss and got a replacement FOC :)

who'd you make a fuss with? sony or the shop? been told both by different people

who'd you make a fuss with? sony or the shop? been told both by different people

Shop first, they didn't want to hear it though. Then I got onto Sony Ireland via email and they straight up sorted a ps3 out for me through the original retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

Tallon wrote: »

I was all :eek:

Then I loled!

Jigaboos, God bless!

Ah the Irish, racist...? Or just taking the piss!?!

Nice killcam though.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Why cant our bus drivers be like this....LIKE A BOSS

Our bus drivers are like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Can't stop playing WoW O.o

• Advertisement

redman85 wrote: »

That is awesome.Whats the song on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Lonely Island Feat Seth Rogen - Like A Boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

redman85 wrote: »

Perrin...I want to kill you right now for not knowing this song

Nah I knew it was the lonely island guys just can't remember if I'd heard it before

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I barely listen to music that isn't an OST nowadays. :pac:

me either, I have about 20 bands on my mp3 player the rest is movie scores and game soundtracks. I likes what I likes

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Really? I like some movie ost's but games? Something I've being listening to alot lately if copyright free music. You can find some real gems. Here's a site you can check if out if you like

http://www.jamendo.com/en/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement