Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Lee ya mod whore! :p

'gratz

Taking over Boards one forum at a time!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Leeg17 wrote: »

Race you and Shammy to a 3rd forum, winner gets a 10pc(are they still available these days?) bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I pity the fool taking on more forums!! AH is a busy place!!

Anyone else forget to not turn off their alarm on their phone for this morning.. was rudely awoken by my alarm at 7 this morn.. I was not pleased! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

hypermuse wrote: »
    AH is a busy place!!

and its full of retards,trolls and re-regs!

congrats lee on the new modship...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Lee ya mod whore! :p

'gratz

May the force be with you ;)

• Advertisement

hypermuse wrote: »
    I pity the fool taking on more forums!! AH is a busy place!!

Was just saying on Skype to Splinter and the other lads, would never go near that place. Reading it can be funny, but horribly tedious and even dare I say depressing as well. Trying to put that to one side and mod would be horrible. One thing modding other forums where topics are fairly specific for the most part. Whole different ball game when it's general. AH, politics and conspiracy are the 3 I'd not go near actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Congrats Lee.

I'd do anything do be a mod. Any forum, even the Cavan forum, dare I say it, the Ladies Lounge :eek:

That power, sweet, merciful power.

And the ability to write like this.

I'd do things maaan. Horrible, sadistic things. Things that would run among the dark inner recesses of the human psyche. Things which would make baby Jesus cry. Things that may well fuel the apocalypse. Things that would develop paradox between paradox, things that would bend all laws of physics, things that would alter the space time continuum.

Yeah, that's about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Thats it,I'm done with the drink,I'm sick of being sick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

man the squad system in BF3 is messed up badly...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

what's bf3 like lads? My brother bought it, haven't had a chance to play it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Thats it,I'm done with the drink,I'm sick of being sick

Dioralyte

Kersmash wrote: »
    what's bf3 like lads? My brother bought it, haven't had a chance to play it yet.
    AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    as a game, its awesome, its campaign is immersive and takes many roles from tank operator to russian Spetznaz.

In terms of being playable its terrible on PC, console has a few snags I hear but mostly PC is an abomination, that being said when it works I have the time of my life.

Campaign is bloody brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed it, best FPS campaign I've played since COD4.

Unless you are playing in a squad, multiplayer is pretty pointless. I knew that beforehand but it's emphasised that bit more since purchase. Some brilliant aspects in the game, but on the other hand some utterly annoying ones too.
    It'd been nice to have some type of private match option where you could just have a walkaround. I found it very disorienting being thrown into games especially when I first started played it. Still am to a degree now. Also, for many players at present it's simply a race for the vehicles. Consistency is probably my biggest issue 40-3 game with 6 plants to a 20-20 and no plants in Rush) at present, but knowing what guns I later unlock. Based on the beta, the game should become easier. What's stood me in good stead is my natural play style, being a support player I feel I have a solid foundation. If I played this like the typical COD player, sure I might get more kills but I won't win many games.

As said, really needs to be played with a group of people. Decent players who aren't lone wolfs to get the most out of the game.

edit - getting into a jet, and suicide diving into a group of enemies who are capturing a flag/area will never be tiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Kersmash wrote: »

Its growing on me tbh, played most of the day with the AK lads and enjoyed it a lot more. Once you get good in the jets and choppers you'll love them, starting to destroy anyone else in the air atm, only gripe is that its pretty hard to get kills from it as once you deactivate the vehicle they usually bail (Tho i did get one guy who was parachuting lol). Haven't got the ground missles yet so hopefully when i do i'll beable to get better scores with it. Sniping is class when you get good at it ,getting kills from 400 meters away is class.

SP is a bit ****ty but im not really into war campaigns, at least not shooters (Tho most reviews said the SP was horrible aswel).

Servers etc are a bit dicey, but thats to be expected for hte first week or so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Whats a good site to order a laptop off?
    Was looking into this
    http://www.amazon.com/N53SV-XV1-15-6-Inch-Versatile-Entertainment-Aluminum/dp/B004L9M4QY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320099096&sr=1-1
    but they don't ship from the usa

Halloween is so much better when you're a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

May have to reboot my entire computer. :/
    I do that every single night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Try LaptopsDirect. Haven't used them myself but have heard good things.

The lads on the Laptop forum may be able to point you in the right direction too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Well done lee :D

Share the white stuff and give us sloppy seconds on the hookers ye ;)

Tallon wrote: »
    I do that every single night!

FMP :pac:
    Fúck me pink?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Holy ****balls

• Advertisement

Oh the joys of having a hangover on a Tuesday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Stolen from the rage thread

2NuZc.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Both terrible!

Eset Nod32 is your only man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

From my experience, most AV programs are pretty much the same. They do a job, but tend to hog alot of system resources. A necessary evil unfortunately.

It tends to be horses for courses I find. Home Users are fine with free or low cost options, with no management features. However in the enterprise, if your managing hundredss or thousands of nodes, a top class management suite is an absolute pre-requisite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement