Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Having a known Cereal Rapist at number two in my list is kinda uneasing

He can't get enough of those little o's

mineax.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

179971.png

Not overly surprised most of mine are Rock & Metal regulars :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Having a known Cereal Rapist at number two in my list is kinda uneasing

Try having him number 1

Untitled_130.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Watched this film again tonite, one of my favorite films ever.. bit of a hidden gem I think. If you like documentaries or just thought provoking films you might enjoy it as much as me... Im sure some people will probably get bored with the lack of action but whatever, thought i'd share it with yas !!

The Man From Earth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Magill wrote: »
    Watched this film again tonite, one of my favorite films ever.. bit of a hidden gem I think. If you like documentaries or just thought provoking films you might enjoy it as much as me... Im sure some people will probably get bored with the lack of action but whatever, thought i'd share it with yas !!

The Man From Earth

Good call, top class movie! Love the idea as well as the execution - glad they didn't do flashbacks or some other nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mostly COD players with a rapist on top :o

IMG_0301.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Mine is made up entirely of CoDsies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Uncharted 3 in a few hours time then GTA V trailer.... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :D

edit - on a random note. My laptop keys, namely 3, e, d and c decided to fix themselves tonight. Haven't worked for a couple of weeks till now. Huzzah.

Can't wait for GTA5 :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

zero19 wrote: »
    Can't wait for GTA5 :D

Tbh, going from GTA IV. I'm expecting the Rockstar site to crash come 3pm. But nonetheless even if it does crash, after just picking up Uncharted 3 a few moments ago and GTA V trailer later today. Nothing can ruin my day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Can't wait for the trailer, I must have been one of the few who loved GTA IV (100% completion :D) so I don't care if it goes back to the fun style like GTA SA or stays with GTA IV's more serious style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

What time does this GTA trailer go live ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

About 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

wahooo! traded in some games to hmv and got a 160gb ps3 slim with arkham city (also one of the games I traded so just got it back :D) for 104 quid, not bad, still going to try get gamestop to replce my other one though, fcukers.

Uncharted 3 in hand, cup of tea made, lets do this :D

No surprises, It's ****ing awesome Krudler :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Would love to get UC3 but im a bit skint, might rent it for a few days purely for the Single player.

Tick, tock, tick, tock... that's only thing I hear atm :pac: :D

gtavfanartpaper2.jpg

No surprises, It's ****ing awesome Krudler :)

I'd say so, I got the special one from gamestop with the journal, bit of an arse that the game slides into a carboard folder doesnt clip into a plastic thing, but ah well, am a sucker for special editions. now am just setting up my new ps3, my old one is gone under the tv downstairs, still works as a media player so thats handy for watching movies off my hard drive on down there, ugh the new pad feels all stiff and new, might just pair my old one with it instead. i put too much time into wearing down those thumbsticks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Just before GTA V is revealed I hope it's going to be another step up in the way GTA IV was. No gta game has disappointed me yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

iMuse wrote: »
    Would love to get UC3 but im a bit skint, might rent it for a few days purely for the Single player.

I'm the same.. cant afford it so will prob pick it up next year for discount! Plus I'm not die-hard Ade-hard fan or anything so I can easily wait!

Thomasheen wrote: »
    Just before GTA V is revealed I hope it's going to be another step up in the way GTA IV was. No gta game has disappointed me yet

I personally hope its more old school tbh! GTAIV was a step up in a sense but just not as fun as GTAIII through to SA..

Actually no.. I should say from the original GTA through to SA..

• Advertisement

GTA IV was just too drab and boring,bring back Hydra's and Jetpacks and Hot Coffee :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Bit of help needed from some tech folk.

Trying to play the Xbox through an external monitor, is this possible? If so what do I need?

There's a hdmi port on the laptop, thought that might have done the trick. Is it possible to get a hdmi to VGA or something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

GTA IV was just too drab and boring,bring back Hydra's and Jetpacks and Hot Coffee :D

Thats what I hope. SA is my fav by a mile because it was just nuts. IV went the realistic route which wasn't bad just not as enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Trying to play the Xbox through an external monitor, is this possible? If so what do I need?

There's a hdmi port on the laptop, thought that might have done the trick. Is it possible to get a hdmi to VGA or something similar?

Em.. What? :P

Yup, but depends what kind of connections the monitor has. If it has hdmi, you could just plug it straight in with a hdmi cable man.

You can't connect the hdmi from your xbox to a laptop as they would both be outputs, the laptop hdmi can only output from that port.

If your external monitor just has vga you'd need a cable like this http://tinyurl.com/6csajum

you can get a VGA cable yeah, I had one for the older xbox, mine was one of the launch ones I'm not sure if the newer versions have the same port, have a look on amazon or ebay for a vga or component cable, should be able to use either.

bloody tyyyypical. went and bought a new ps3 cos I hadnt heard back from gamestop about my faulty one since I emailed them last week, whats sitting on my emails when I get home? them asking me for reciept details for the broken ps3 to go about replacing it, fml. least if they do I'l have a new ps3 to sell on or trade or something, easy to get rid of at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

If you are trying to play the xbox on a laptop screen, no it can't be done in any easy manner.

If you are trying to connect it to a standalone monitor then yes you can use either a VGA or hdmi connection, however one thing to note is that most monitors don't have speakers and so this can be a pain. one option is to use the vga connection and plug the sound into your mic connection on your pc

T-Minus 1, I repeat 1 min. 2012 has come early bitches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

T-Minus 1, I repeat 1 min. 2012 has come early bitches :D

Probably true, as I can see the servers being a mess in the next while

168.jpg

• Advertisement

THAT WAS ****ING COOL!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement