Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Kinda reminds me of vice city but in san andreas and with an improved gta IV engine. The best of every world :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Looks good tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

In an unrelated note in the kilkenny people today George Clooney has had ancestry traced back to my local village and my neighbour is related to him. Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

bought Call of Juarez The Cartel today in game, seen it in xtravision last night pre owned for 35, I got it for 20 in game, fukin love when that happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Playing the crap out of gears, so that is the reason I haven't been on CoD at all. Trying to get a match against everyone's fav Irish clan on GoW3.
    How long does a wait for an email reply take before it is considered rude?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

CORaven wrote: »
    Playing the crap out of gears, so that is the reason I haven't been on CoD at all. Trying to get a match against everyone's fav Irish clan on GoW3.
    How long does a wait for an email reply take before it is considered rude?

I normally wait about a min, then send another one, and then another min before I send another, basically 60 in an hour.. Maybe that's why I've had so many court orders.. I just don't get it.. I was nice an friendly, well, except this 1 time, funny story, I sent 2 in a min..

(dont ask I'm tired an dillusional..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

DJKeemstar is livestreaming MW3

http://www.battlecam.com/playoftehday

AWESOME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

so Uncharted is awesomeballs, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

krudler wrote: »

absolutely the last time I pre-order a game online that I really want to play. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'll buy it on my way home and give the other copy to my bro for christmas.

• Advertisement

Many many awesome chapters (some of the fights and chases :eek:) But I think so far for me, it's 13 and 14 (Crusin for a Brusin) that simply sum up how great the series is.

No words really do it justice.

Many many awesome chapters (some of the fights and chases :eek:) But I think so far for me, it's 13 and 14 (Crusin for a Brusin) that simply sum up how great the series is.

No words really do it justice.

am on chapter 11 now, just met
    Elena and climbed down the big sewer thingy, was dozing off so ended it there.
    I could just watch the cutscenes and itd still be epic. and it sooooo fcuking pretty. Uncharted 2 was always going to be hard to top graphically but 3 does it, its astonishing looking in places. the lighting effects from the torches is amazing.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    absolutely the last time I pre-order a game online that I really want to play. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'll buy it on my way home and give the other copy to my bro for christmas.

never preorder, waste of time imo, the chance of getting a game a day early isnt worth the risk of having it turn up a week late, which frequently happens going on comments from other gamers on here. I live near about a dozen places I can buy games so its never a worry something selling out unless its some crazy special edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

never preorder, waste of time imo, the chance of getting a game a day early isnt worth the risk of having it turn up a week late, which frequently happens going on comments from other gamers on here. I live near about a dozen places I can buy games so its never a worry something selling out unless its some crazy special edition.

Yeah I know but I ordered it about a week ago and had just got BF3 so was thinking "so what if it doesn't come early" Then you and Ade start posting how wonderful it is and I just want to punch something :)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah I know but I ordered it about a week ago and had just got BF3 so was thinking "so what if it doesn't come early" Then you and Ade start posting how wonderful it is and I just want to punch something :)

it is wonderful. I got the special edition which looks like a journal, its all soft and smells fcuking lovely.

*hugs Uncharted 3*

really though as a series Uncharted is a damn close to an interactive movie as you can get, it manages the balance just right between full control and interactive cutscene so you always feel like you're doing something. It looks amazing, the characters are brilliantly written and its got some of the best voice acting ever, you genuinely care about the characters and their fates. If you own a ps3 and dont own at least one, preferably all of the UC games then it should be taken off you, fact. :P

it is wonderful. I got the special edition which looks like a journal, its all soft and smells fcuking lovely.

*hugs Uncharted 3*

really though as a series Uncharted is a damn close to an interactive movie as you can get, it manages the balance just right between full control and interactive cutscene so you always feel like you're doing something. It looks amazing, the characters are brilliantly written and its got some of the best voice acting ever, you genuinely care about the characters and their fates. If you own a ps3 and dont own at least one, preferably all of the UC games then it should be taken off you, fact. :P

Very rare in a game as well. Don't know if you saw the interviews done by the Elena and Drake's voice actors, can't help but smile listening to them. Emily Rose (Elena) is quite lovely too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Glad I didn't buy BF3 yesterday, got Football Manager and after 2 hours I'm hooked and can't put the laptop down. Will do till Monday night :)

Very rare in a game as well. Don't know if you saw the interviews done by the Elena and Drake's voice actors, can't help but smile listening to them. Emily Rose (Elena) is quite lovely too :P

I did,follow game voice acting a bit, wanted to get into it at one stage, never followed it through though. I like Nolan North, he's pretty funny in interviews.

Just completed Uncharted 3 campaign! Buzzing, what a game, had me going for a bit you'll see why once you play through the whole thing :D

One or two precision aiming flaws aside (feels awkward compared to UC2) , flawless.

Going to start multiplayer tomorrow, maybe upload some gameplay via the Youtube feature too when I get around to checking that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Just completed Uncharted 3 campaign! Buzzing, what a game, had me going for a bit you'll see why once you play through the whole thing :D

One or two precision aiming flaws aside (feels awkward compared to UC2) , flawless.

Going to start multiplayer tomorrow, maybe upload some gameplay via the Youtube feature too when I get around to checking that out.

that was quick!! how many hours you have to pump into the campaign?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

http://www.omg-pictures.com/funny-pics/254/

Its the one and only Dave (Beertons ) hard at work

just on chapter 19 now, so far overall I enjoyed UC2 more but sweet jesus, the cargo plane level (its in all the ads and the front cover so thats not really a spoiler) is fcuking amazing. Its pure cinematic gaming at its best and the desert looks absolutely stunning, its the little details like Drake trying not to slip as you walk down sand dunes or keeling over when he's knackered, fantastic stuff.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Krudler, found you on FB by Accident :pac:

haha really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

haha really

It took trawling through thousands of sexy nurse/schoolgirl/vampire pictures to find your Ghost costume, he'd probably say it was worth it in the end :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement