Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Just got it there. Dutch Rudder. High five.

Awesome sauce. Need to sort out a cheap ass hotel for the night, reckon I should book one soon enough or leave it till later?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Admittedly I enjoyed the UC2 campaign a little more as well.

Cargo plane and cruise ship plus ship graveyard were brilliant. As was playing as young Drake, horse chase, chateau fire, Talbot chase and a couple of the fights were well done.. like there were many excellent missions but just one or two meh ones in there too as that you said over in the UC3 thread went on forever seemingly. UC2 hit the nail on the head for consistency and excellence.

Will be on mp later today, so if you fancy a games give us a shout. Likewise Headshot ;)

the aiming and a couple of not so spectacular levels are really very minor niggles in an otherwise stellar game though.I wouldnt even call the levels bad just the bar is so high for the big setpieces a couple didnt seem that compelling, some really cool puzzles though. I still consider UC2 as the PS3's crowning moment, hell I bought one just for it.

I'm off a few days in a fortnight, would it be mental to play through the uncharted trilogy, one a day? put it on easy, plough through, could be amazing :D (skip that bloody bunker level in UC1 though, nearly made me stop playing the game)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Nope my very first! Cannot wait! :D

Hopefully now, I'm lurking around here the whole time just not posting! But between having to buy my 6th PS3 because of YLOD, having zero cash and being in LC it is tough to get the time or money.

6!!!???? :eek:

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Awesome sauce. Need to sort out a cheap ass hotel for the night, reckon I should book one soon enough or leave it till later?

Talk about it on Skype. I'll be on in a bit.
    krudler wrote: »
    the aiming and a couple of not so spectacular levels are really very minor niggles in an otherwise stellar game though.I wouldnt even call the levels bad just the bar is so high for the big setpieces a couple didnt seem that compelling, some really cool puzzles though. I still consider UC2 as the PS3's crowning moment, hell I bought one just for it.

I'm off a few days in a fortnight, would it be mental to play through the uncharted trilogy, one a day? put it on easy, plough through, could be amazing :D (skip that bloody bunker level in UC1 though, nearly made me stop playing the game)

Ah yeah, didn't mean it like that. They are as you said, very minor issues. Meant some of the chapters had one or two lulls. Maybe that was because on Wednesday I stopped midway through chapter 6 I think due to all that was going with GTA, so maybe that had some effect.

Yeah the puzzles were a massive positive this time around. Not many in UC2 and the ones that were there didn't require much thought.

Ah yeah, didn't mean it like that. They are as you said, very minor issues. Meant some of the chapters had one or two lulls. Maybe that was because on Wednesday I stopped midway through chapter 6 I think due to all that was going with GTA, so maybe that had some effect.

Yeah the puzzles were a massive positive this time around. Not many in UC2 and the ones that were there didn't require much thought.

lullz, thats the way to put it, just a few too many waves of enemies or a bit that wasnt overly compelling, but then levels like the cruise ship or plane come along and it ramps up the quality again, getting on the plane may be the best thing I've played this year, legging along the roof as its taxiing along the runway was absolutely brilliant.

am liking that a middle aged woman is the villain as well, its a nice change from the standard eastern european warlord or typical game baddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Advertisement

New Rainbow 6 game next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Do want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

UC3 game of the year ??? Pffffttt ! Zelda has got this guis !!

Seriously tho... if these previews and early reviews are anything to go by, could be the best zelda yet !

I played it... It's good, and great fun

Magill wrote: »
    UC3 game of the year ??? Pffffttt ! Zelda has got this guis !!

Seriously tho... if these previews and early reviews are anything to go by, could be the best zelda yet !

its the only reason I still have a wii

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    its the only reason I still have a wii

likewise (Well... its my sisters :D). Can't wait.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Uncharted:

I watched the flashback mission in Uncharted 3 there, that one mission has actually guaranteed me buying that game for Christmas, the cutscenes are immersive and the characters are just superb, and thats just looking at them :pac:

DON'T WATCH ANYMORE YOU GOB****E :D :pac:

It's a fantastic chapter in the game though.

Its early into it so you're not spoiling much, but yeah, dont watch anymore, although I really wish there was an option to watch the cutscenes like UC2 had, they're fantastic

Waking up to my 50/1 15 euro golf bet doing very little wrong in the final round, and another guy playing one of the rounds of his life to nick it is a bit of a kick to the nads to say the least :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Kaymer win it yeah?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Hard luck man, would have been sweet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Is it possible to walk into a shop on Tuesday and grab the hardened edition of MW3?

Never bothered pre-booking it cos I figure I could just walk in an grab it.

Chances of this happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Is it possible to walk into a shop on Tuesday and grab the hardened edition of MW3?

You might have to do a bit of searching but there should be some around.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

you can have my pre order in HMV dundrum if you like. Now I'm not 100 percent sure I have it pre ordered but I called them up and the guy took all my details and said yeah thats ok. I'm getting it in my local gamestop

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

redman85 wrote: »
    you can have my pre order in HMV dundrum if you like. Now I'm not 100 percent sure I have it pre ordered but I called them up and the guy took all my details and said yeah thats ok. I'm getting it in my local gamestop

Cheers Pete, I'll head out anyways and see what the craic is.

• Advertisement

Finally got the ole PVR setup in belfast. Wee video from 4 games last nite in BF3, nothing special.

Half that stuff is muck

Fúcking lol

KIQBx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Tallon wrote: »
    Fúcking lol

KIQBx.jpg

Bhahahaha brilliant :D

This discussion has been closed.