Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i have less than 2 hours played on mw3. That game held my interest for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Kersmash wrote: »
    i have less than 2 hours played on mw3. That game held my interest for a while...

Yeah same with me. Cannot wait for Saints Row. It looks like so much fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Failed my driving test. Words cannot describe how pissed I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Assassin's Creed III looks goooood...

Watched Thank You For Smoking in the early hours. Very good film.

That is a fantastic film alright. Yer man Aaron whatshisace is great in it.
    Thomasheen wrote: »
    Yeah same with me. Cannot wait for Saints Row. It looks like so much fun

I just wanna get Skyrim and then I'll be content or a few months :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Kersmash wrote: »
    I just wanna get Skyrim and then I'll be content or a few months :P

I'm holding out till christmas so I can justify sitting around playing it all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Thomasheen wrote: »
    I'm holding out till christmas so I can justify sitting around playing it all day

My justification for playing video games all day also begins with 'C', and ends in 'ollege' :p

Debating whether to trade in a few CoDs to get some money off Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Failed my driving test. Words cannot describe how pissed I am.

perhaps being pissed was the problem!! :pac:

Leeg17 wrote: »

Do it!!! its amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So nice to finally have something different to play!! all I seem to play these days are games with guns in them!

hypermuse wrote: »
    Do it!!! its amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So nice to finally have something different to play!! all I seem to play these days are games with guns in them!

I used to be big-ish into RPG's with dragons and mages and ****, I'll decide later on :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Skyrim looks so daunting though! Looks like you'd need to sink 100+ hours into it to make it worthwhile!:eek:
    Is that true?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Skyrim looks so daunting though! Looks like you'd need to sink 100+ hours into it to make it worthwhile!:eek:
    Is that true?

I'd like to give it the time but I just can't

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Is that true?

I wouldnt say you'd have to sink a hundred hours into it if you dont want to but if you get wrapped up in it then you sink in hundreds and hundred of hours!!

I've been running around doing loads of stuff and have only done 1 (maybe 2) mission from the main quest so far!

100 hours aint that much really (4 days)... how many days have you put into each COD??

Game of the year for me but then again I'm an elder scrolls biatch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I wouldnt say you'd have to sink a hundred hours into it if you dont want to but if you get wrapped up in it then you sink in hundreds and hundred of hours!!

I've been running around doing loads of stuff and have only done 1 (maybe 2) mission from the main quest so far!

100 hours aint that much really (4 days)... how many days have you put into each COD??

Game of the year for me but then again I'm an elder scrolls biatch!

6 days in blops which is alot for me

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Leeg17 wrote: »
    My justification for playing video games all day also begins with 'C', and ends in 'ollege' :p

CoD games are like fifa, get fook all for them trade in wise, trade MW2 and I'll kill you :pac: I want to hang on to it for the times I feel a SPAS fest coming on and the mw3 one is pants

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I'd like to give it the time but I just can't

neither do I pip!
    I only put in a few hours over the weekend (and a few during the week) on it realistically! I'll prob spend months and months with this game and not buy another game until this time next year, few other single player games offers that..

BF3, skyrim and MW3 (I'm hoping) will keep me going without the need to buy more games! cant afford it!!

I'd recommend it immensely even if its just for a change of pace/scenery! anyway.. I'll stop shoving it in peoples faces!! :D I'm just in love with it so cant stopping talking/thinking bout it! need more hours in the day!

Was evening dreaming bout it last night! crazy!

neither do I pip!
    I only put in a few hours over the weekend (and a few during the week) on it realistically! I'll prob spend months and months with this game and not buy another game until this time next year, few other single player games offers that..

BF3, skyrim and MW3 (I'm hoping) will keep me going without the need to buy more games! cant afford it!!

I'd recommend it immensely even if its just for a change of pace/scenery! anyway.. I'll stop shoving it in peoples faces!! :D I'm just in love with it so cant stopping talking/thinking bout it! need more hours in the day!

Was evening dreaming bout it last night! crazy!

last night I played it for an hour and did nothing, walked around looking at stuff, found a little outcrop of rock on a hill and just stood there watching the moon come up, the music is amazing.

krudler wrote: »
    last night I played it for an hour and did nothing, walked around looking at stuff, found a little outcrop of rock on a hill and just stood there watching the moon come up, the music is amazing.

that reminds me.. I must DL the soundtrack!!

been humming the main theme song all day!! don't know the words as I don't speak the dragon language!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

that reminds me.. I must DL the soundtrack!!

been humming the main theme song all day!! don't know the words as I don't speak the dragon language yet!

FYP :P Music is brilliant tbh

Loving this game aswel, so much to do !

Magill wrote: »
    FYP :P Music is brilliant tbh

Loving this game aswel, so much to do !

and so little time!!

• Advertisement

Krudler, did you end up buying a new ps3 or did you get the old one fixed? pretty sure the blu ray laser in mine has failed.

krudler wrote: »
    CoD games are like fifa, get fook all for them trade in wise, trade MW2 and I'll kill you :pac: I want to hang on to it for the times I feel a SPAS fest coming on and the mw3 one is pants

I'm keeping Mw2 ;)

Sure it's out less than a week, thinking either 1) the 99c deal in GAME when I go home on the 25th or 2) just taking what I can here and buy Skyrim

I plan on trading in MW2 regardless of if I like MW3 or not.. Will also be trading in BFBC2 as BF3 is a better version hands down!

Cant see myself ever putting MW2 or BFBC2 back in the machine..

few other little things to trade in aswel.. Might just add up to a game itself as I have some credit on my trade in card..

Might actually be able to afford UC3 now that I think bout it!! dont have time for it either way!!

So I won't be able to get home in time for the 99c deal, so does anyone know who's generally better for trade-in value (Mw3), HMV (Skyrim - €45) or Gamestop (Skyrim - €55), ie where's better to trade in @ those prices?

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Getting a free i7 2600K 3.8GHz Processor. :D

Overclocked to 3.8?

Also, how?!

if anyones looking for Assassins Creed or Halo Anniversary, Tesco in Coonagh in Limerick are selling them both , guess that means most tesco will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    My parents work in Intel, worker contract allows them to get free processors as long as they are not sold to anyone for profit.
    Hmm, I never heard of that when I worked there!

Or my two mates that still work there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement