Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Theres none im My forums cause i dont know how to use it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Theres none im My forums cause i dont know how to use it

At the top of any forum (or sub-forum) just click "add to my forum"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Kersmash, I didn't know you were a dirty shmoker...

Yup.. One of my main vices.

And it's a little button at the top that says follow forum :)

Kersmash wrote: »
    Yup.. One of my main vices.

And it's a little button at the top that says follow forum :)

Coke and hookers for myself, nasty nasty habit.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Looks like Polyphoney dropped the ball with GT5 :mad:

IGN only gave it an 8.5 . Was expecting a 9 at least!
    How many years now?:rolleyes:

Sorry mate, but just utter facepalm.

But anyway, I personally don't take any notice of any of IGN's so called reviews because they are no doubt the worst shower of " when it comes to reviews.
    Some interesting comments under the IGN final impression vid on Youtube with regards to the reviewer himself -

look at his facebook profile, he is a xbox fanboy,

27 likes:

NOTABLE LIKES: XBOX, MASS EFFECT 2, official XBOX magazine, BUNGIE, BUNGIE LLC, HALO 3, HALO REACH."

Also interesting(or more funny) to point out that he comments that the AI is dumb, but he's the one bumping into them! :pac:

As well as GT5 being the king of driving simulators on all consoles yet he supposedly gave Forza 2 a 9.4 :confused:

edit - also my point I made in the boring BOPS thread about people reacting with an opinion right off the bat on the release of game is ridiculous too. Games should be given a month at least. I say IGN gave MW2's multiplayer a 99.9 out of 10, yes 10 :D

edit again - IGN gave NFS Hot Pursuit a 9 but gave 8.5 for GT5. Same reviewer. Says it all.

edit again - the 8.5 rating is based on single player only apparently. This is comical :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Just trawling the AH, and posted in the My Forums thread.
    So Q for all you COD boardsies, what's in your My Forums?

I didn't know such a thing existed. My god, what will they think of next.

Suppose I'll start puttin a few in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Coke and hookers for myself, nasty nasty habit.

Vanilla coke is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Sorry mate, but just utter facepalm.

But anyway, I personally don't take any notice of any of IGN's so called reviews because they are no doubt the worst shower of " when it comes to reviews.

Also interesting(or more funny) to point out that he comments that the AI is dumb, but he's the one bumping into them! :pac:

As well as GT5 being the king of driving simulators on all consoles yet he supposedly gave Forza 2 a 9.4 :confused:

edit - also my point I made in the boring BOPS thread about people reacting with an opinion right off the bat on the release of game is ridiculous too. Games should be given a month at least. I say IGN gave MW2's multiplayer a 99.9 out of 10, yes 10 :D

edit again - IGN gave NFS Hot Pursuit a 9 but gave 8.5 for GT5. Same reviewer. Says it all.

Had suspected an Xbot might have reviewed it alright but didn't look too much into it. Had a quick glance on metacritic too, it's standing at 86 atm but early days yet as you said.

I'm gonna buy the game either way.:)
    Got the Driving Force GT waiting at home for it.:D
    Online gameplay should be great too.

Spent fooking days playing Gran Turismo 1 back in the day.
    Nissan Skyline GT-R with every upgrade, pushed close to 940bhp iirc :cool:

Fine taste my man, fine taste. Been in love with the Nissan Skyline range for the best part 15 years. Always had in mind of getting one myself in the future(but was a tad too much for a 2nd hand one), settled for a Lancer though... no not an Evo unfortunately. But she's still quite nippy to say the least :)

Mustangs, Skyline, Impreza and Evo's.

* Runs off to get new pants * :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Whats everyone drive out of interest? have a 1.6 Polo GTI myself, deceptively nippy car :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

The poor GT5 IGN reviewer is getting an awful bollocking on Twitter. Those facebook "likes" near on renders the review void.

The rallying looks epic!!!!!

Drive a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 myself.

Had in mind of doing it up as soon as I bought it but the prices for an Evo body kit made me :( Have gotten over that phase now though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Fine taste my man, fine taste. Been in love with the Nissan Skyline range for the best part 15 years. Always had in mind of getting one myself in the future(but was a tad too much for a 2nd hand one), settled for a Lancer though... no not an Evo unfortunately. But she's still quite nippy to say the least :)

Mustangs, Skyline, Impreza and Evo's.

* Runs off to get new pants * :D :pac:

I just accidentaly myself.

Seriously though fantastic cars, thinkin on gettin an impreza in the next couple of years.:) (maybe)
    At the moment i drive a 03 golf tdi(130bhp beast:P)

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Vanilla coke is it?

:D:D - Ye really know me too well :o

I drive (technically not mine, but it tis if any chung wans ask) a 2010 1.8 Golf TDI. Will post pics at the weekend. If I ever make it on Top Gear I won't be lying when I say that was my first car :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Honda cicvic 1.6 saloon.Always wanted a imprezza sti but the insurance is/was ****ing mental.

Stranely enough not mad into racing games.Use to play the F1 games for a few years but my interest seemed to fade

A mate of mine just bought himself a Scirocco, getting it the first week of Jan, so the fecker will be driving this beauty around

vw-scirocco-r-1-450.jpg

Picked up the Toy Story trilogy on blu-ray yesterday, thats my weekends viewing sorted :D oh and Se7en, threw it on for a few mins there the pic and audio quality is amazing on it, gotta love blu-rays :)

I'm getting a touch for Xmas. Torn between getting it for €299 in Xtravision with the Toy Story Box Set (is it bluray or normal?) or for the same price in HMV with €20 HMV voucher and €25 iTunes voucher.

Oh, and your mates a very lucky cnut :D

Woohoo, tickets for Explosions in the Sky go on sale in the morning, get in :D

I posted in TLL, but that song is really good that you posted.

Funny highest rated comment on youtube for a drum cover of "Let's Get It Started" by the Black Eyed Peas,
    " VJJAIUHGPIJUIJAIKPAOIJAIEJSPFJ*FPAP. Sorry i was removing the jizz from the keyboard.."

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

krudler wrote: »
    Picked up the Toy Story trilogy on blu-ray yesterday, thats my weekends viewing sorted :D oh and Se7en, threw it on for a few mins there the pic and audio quality is amazing on it, gotta love blu-rays :)

Thinking about getting a Ps3 for christmas for the blu-ray feature,I like my films but I usually go over to a friends house to watch them on his ps3,they look so pretty...

Thinking about getting a Ps3 for christmas for the blu-ray feature,I like my films but I usually go over to a friends house to watch them on his ps3,they look so pretty...

That's what they all say :D

Join the dark side..

smiley.gif

Your initiation comprises of wooping in a comical manner..

tumblr_l6ynhyHblr1qcm64lo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Ps3's are for life not just for christmas :p

Brillant blu-ray player :)

krudler wrote: »
    Woohoo, tickets for Explosions in the Sky go on sale in the morning, get in :D

WHAT?!?!??!?! WHERE AND WHEN?! HOW MUCH?!?!!?

AAGGAHDAHUDDAHADHADHADH *BRAIN EXPLODES*

CoD beers after? ^_^

YES. But dude, Explosions in the Sky are ****ing AMAZING.

YES. But dude, Explosions in the Sky are ****ing AMAZING.

Krudler showed two songs from them tonight. They're amazing imo from the two songs that I listened to lol

WHAT?!?!??!?! WHERE AND WHEN?! HOW MUCH?!?!!?

AAGGAHDAHUDDAHADHADHADH *BRAIN EXPLODES*

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004578B3EF514F?artistid=886226&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

:D

COD beers at EITS then :D

• Advertisement

I am so there! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement