Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Which is exactly wihy I like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

i downloaded the US beta last week, thought it was a bit **** tbh. Really nowhere near the standard of world of warcraft or even guildwars in terms of quality... diffo not worth paying a subscription for in its current state. Maybe it'll improve a lot before its out of beta.

I don't have much Experience with MMO's tbh, besides a bitta Guild Wars a few years ago. Although I have hard Copies of both WoW and Guild Wars in my room. I heard DCUO was a bit poor from a few sauces, but I hope I can get a wee bitta shallow enjoyment from it.

ack, im sure it'll still be fun, especially if your playing with some friends. But compared to wow... its like a 3/10.

My only experiences of WoW have left bad impressions. Not due to the game itself though :P I'd love to give it a proper bash but I can't justify paying the sub to it.

• Advertisement

Kersmash wrote: »
    My only experiences of WoW have left bad impressions. Not due to the game itself though :P I'd love to give it a proper bash but I can't justify paying the sub to it.

I guess you could look at it like your paying for DLC, because they're constantly updating the game, adding new dungeons/ weapons/ armor and ****. Its probably the best multiplayer experience around, theres so much to do in it, especially if your new. quests are great, combat is great, PvP is great, dungeons and raids, exploration, professions, factions, mounts, gear and weapons.. some people spend most of their time playing on the auction house and messing with the servers economy to maximize their profits. I guess theres a reason why they have over 14 million subs and make like 1.5billion a year on those alone !

Yasee, my personality is far too addictive for me to go for WoW, cos I know I'd be one of those guys that just plays it ALL DAY.

Yasee, my personality is far too addictive for me to go for WoW, cos I know I'd be one of those guys that just plays it ALL DAY.

yeah.... best not to start :D

Im the same, used to spend FAR too much time gaming. Im lucky that i could get to college and do a degree or else i'd have probably wrecked my entire future career over it ! :D Only play on the ole ps3 these days thank **** and cods too frustrating to be addicted to !

I go through phases. Last year, during my leaving cert, I played 50 hours of pokemon in one week ><

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Pika Pika :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Dublindude will be so happy :pac::pac::pac:

:eek:

26501_381120586435_553321435_4333520_1879813_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Magill wrote: »
    I guess you could look at it like your paying for DLC, because they're constantly updating the game, adding new dungeons/ weapons/ armor and ****. Its probably the best multiplayer experience around, theres so much to do in it, especially if your new. quests are great, combat is great, PvP is great, dungeons and raids, exploration, professions, factions, mounts, gear and weapons.. some people spend most of their time playing on the auction house and messing with the servers economy to maximize their profits. I guess theres a reason why they have over 14 million subs and make like 1.5billion a year on those alone !

Ok, explain the raid thing in WoW, I've heard people talk about it on here, what is it? do you go wreck peoples sh1t or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Tallon wrote: »
    Dublindude will be so happy :pac::pac::pac:

:eek:

26501_381120586435_553321435_4333520_1879813_n.jpg

I dont get it? Xbox?

Yeah, got a loan of on for a while

Yeah, got a loan of on for a while

Thats grand, add me christmas day yeah ;) Santy is coming to town.

Why is santa's sack so full?

Because he only comes once a year

:pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I go through phases. Last year, during my leaving cert, I played 50 hours of pokemon in one week ><

To say I hated Pokemon was an understatement. I never understood it's popularity. Then I played Pokemon Red a year after things had reached it's peak. My mate gave me a lend of it and a GBA advance for a month as he went off on holidays.

My love for it(at least Pokemon Red/Blue) began then. Even played it on an emulator in the summer when in work. Tis my guilty pleasure :p

To say I hated Pokemon was an understatement. I never understood it's popularity. Then I played Pokemon Red a year after things had reached it's peak. My mate gave me a lend of it and a GBA advance for a month as he went off on holidays.

My love for it(at least Pokemon Red/Blue) began then. Even played it on an emulator in the summer when in work. Tis my guilty pleasure :p

It really is the shizz. First month I worked here I was playing Pokemon Yellow :D

I have them all, I even have a pikachu GBC

• Registered Users Posts: 54,338 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I doubt dublindude will be typing any day soon...

• Advertisement

I have them all, I even have a pikachu GBC

Autograph please.

Headshot wrote: »
    I doubt dublindude will be typing any day soon...

Please don't tell me he got banned?

Wont tell you so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

What for?

Sprrratt wrote: »
    It really is the shizz. First month I worked here I was playing Pokemon Yellow :D

Download the Pokemon Red Fire emulator, it izzzz immense icon_cheers.png

http://www.brothersoft.com/games/pokemon-fire-red-version-for-gba.html

Ruby or Emerald didn't work for me though but tbh the pokemon above the standard 1-150 is all a bit random to me anyway :pac:

Download the Pokemon Red Fire emulator, it izzzz immense icon_cheers.png

http://www.brothersoft.com/games/pokemon-fire-red-version-for-gba.html

Ruby or Emerald didn't work for me though but tbh the pokemon above the standard 1-150 is all a bit random to me anyway :pac:

Pyropunchers really boring series got to you then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 54,338 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ectoplasm.png

Pyropunchers really boring series got to you then :P

What series?

What series?

He's been doing 15-20 minute long videos of him playing FireRed. Sucks balls :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

He's been doing 15-20 minute long videos of him playing FireRed. Sucks balls :rolleyes:

I presume he was doing LP's?

LP's can be very good depending on the commentator. I've finished watching JX23's Heavy Rain lp's and they were enjoyable. There is a good Pokemom youtuber, chuggaconroy(?). He does Nintendo LP's but his Pokemon one especially are very good. I only followed his Fire Red one though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement