Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

I presume he was doing LP's?

LP's can be very good depending on the commentator. I've finished watching JX23's Heavy Rain lp's and they were enjoyable. There is a good Pokemom youtuber, chuggaconroy(?). He does Nintendo LP's but his Pokemon one especially are very good. I only followed his Fire Red one though.

He was indeed. I watched say 3 minutes of an episode and I thought well come here should I watch this guy talk about pure crap (love Pyropuncher as a COD commentator btw) playing Pokemon or will I go play it myself?

I dunno its not my cup of tea :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

the warranty was up on my beaches so i bought a set of trittons for seventy quid. They had more expensiv
    e ones but i wasn't arsed paying any more. I was surprised gamestop sold trittons actually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Just watched series 1 of ''The Walking Dead''. Muchos gracias to CORaven for the recommendation. It was brilliant, and i can't wait for the second one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Trittons for 70? :eek: Thats awesome

Thats how much my PX21's were

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

celtic723 wrote: »
    Just watched series 1 of ''The Walking Dead''. Muchos gracias to CORaven for the recommendation. It was brilliant, and i can't wait for the second one!

I thought the first episode was brilliant, but by the end I didnt care about anyone, when the character you want to survive is the crossbow wielding redneck you know the writers havent done their job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

krudler wrote: »
    Ok, explain the raid thing in WoW, I've heard people talk about it on here, what is it? do you go wreck peoples sh1t or something?

A raid is basically a large group, some dungeons require a raid to progress through it. You used to need 40 people to clear endgame content, but they were reduced to 25 man dungeons after the first expansion. It can sometimes take guilds months to progress through these raids and kill the final boss. Obviously the harder the dungeon the better the gear etc You can raid the other factions major cities aswel, invade the city and kill the race leader.

Heres a clip from the very last boss in the first expansion, one of the hardest bosses to date. Skip to like 8 minutes, theres so much **** going on at once.

lol that looks absolutely baffling to someone whos never played WoW

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Tallon wrote: »
    Wings...
    Ah. Yeah, he comes across as somebody whose not actually a ****, but acts a bit like one.

Too stubborn, etc.
    Me too, Woody is always worth a listen to. But in fairness to Wings I think it's good to have a contrasting view, which he more of than not supplies.. no matter whether I agree or disagree with it. Kyle is a bit dull IMO and while he isn't out there with his opinions like Wings is, he comes off as a bit smug at times. More then a bit actually.

Hutch, 'blade and SeaNanners are good for many topics. Shame one of them isn't a regular. I know Hutch had his own podcast a while back for a bit but was bored of it as he said himself.
    Woody's really interesting. Also, doesn't play the game on the basis of psycho reflexes, etc. More easy to learn from.
    Kersmash wrote: »
    Kyle is dull? He's ****ing hilarious, I love him :3

Hutch, 'nanners and Trumpfs podcast was ****ing boooooorrring. I was very disappointed when I listened to it.

It actually was. :/

Which is odd, cause they're all awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

All great CoD players need a balanced diet of sugar and fat. That's why I had the nicest dinner ever of skinny oven chips, margherita pizza, dipped in curry sauce. Yumm :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ya so the ps3 was got today for the christmas and a couple o games.
    Pity I'm still stuck in the midst of exams...........ah probably wouldn't have been able to use it till chistmas day anyway

• Advertisement

Best of luck :)
    Mine are after Xmas, 5th-13th Jan :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ya so the ps3 was got today for the christmas and a couple o games.
    Pity I'm still stuck in the midst of exams...........ah probably wouldn't have been able to use it till chistmas day anyway

I dont appreciate this potty talk!

Out playing in the snow.... I'm a child :pac:

Started plaing God of War III again, man i'd forgotten how fcuking EPIC this game is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

soo.... 4 hours to get round the M50.... nothings changed then :D

Thats made tho, you should see people trying to get up the hill into our estate... funny ****, some people have no idea how to ****ing drive in the snow.

It's pretty bad here... I live on a slight hill, and it's mad hard to get out :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Best of luck smile.gif
    Mine are after Xmas, 5th-13th Jan frown.gif

I have one after xmas too on the 5th so I feel your pain.
    Started plaing God of War III again, man i'd forgotten how fcuking EPIC this game is

Just got the first two for the ps3 to ease my transiton before moving onto 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Im in no mood today. Gonna stop somebody's head on the cerb.

Kerb*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

stomp*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

starting work at 6am is a balls :/

I thought the first episode was brilliant, but by the end I didnt care about anyone, when the character you want to survive is the crossbow wielding redneck you know the writers havent done their job

I was the opposite. Thought the first episode was dire. They milked the start of it a bit too much. Could have been done in 40 minutes as oppose to 75.

Thought the writers done an amazing job myself. I watched each one in succession and even wanted to leave the final one until the morning but couldn't. Roll on season 2!

What Ps3 deals are running this Christmas does anybody know?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Tallon wrote: »
    It's pretty bad here... I live on a slight hill, and it's mad hard to get out :p

Same... but try living on the N81 :pac: which is statistically one of the most dangerous roads in Ireland so I've been told many a time(fairly sure it's official obviously).
    The little road from my house is completely downhill and towards the N81. No chance in the current weather I'd be driving without one my folks 4x4.

In other news, water pipes frozen make me a :( panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Its been snowing all bloody morninf

It's really really heavy here now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Yeah about 12cm in Dublin city centre where you Tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

celtic723 wrote: »
    What Ps3 deals are running this Christmas does anybody know?

Oi!

You'd better not be thinking of doing a PerrinV2!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Was -13c driving home last night, roads like a bloody ice rink. Right outside my house is the N17 basically, and I turned right onto it, and half way across the front tyres kept skidding and I wasn't moving as traffic kept getting closer, shít a brick I won't lie :o

Yea it's about 4 inches here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement