Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Time?

I got about 15 mins work done, then watched some tv with Ben and Jerrys. Nom nom nom

Zomg, I bought Ben and Jerrys for the first time in over a year yesterday. 2.50 a pot in Dunnes. Chocolate fudge is what I got, nom nom nom nom :pac:

_____

Time is Ireland's largest nightclub and I guess technically my local one. 4 floors, 10 bars and so different music played on each floor including rock and 80s :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

You sure you don't work for their promotions Ade? :pac: Sounds awesome, you should see the state of the nightclub in Tuam...

I plan to go to my mates tomorrow, few cans, CoD and The Expandables on Bluray. Mate doesn't want to go to Galway after all, not that I was too pushed anyways

You sure you don't work for their promotions Ade? :pac: Sounds awesome, you should see the state of the nightclub in Tuam...

I plan to go to my mates tomorrow, few cans, CoD and The Expandables on Bluray. Mate doesn't want to go to Galway after all, not that I was too pushed anyways

I did work there, albeit for a couple of months during the summer covering for a friend :p Plus I organised a few events there in my ITT days too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I did work there, albeit for a couple of months during the summer covering for a friend :p Plus I organised a few events there in my ITT days too.

>.< ITT?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Ade is that the one in Naas

• Advertisement

>.< ITT?

IT Tallaght, did Pharma for a year before buggering off.
    Ade is that the one in Naas

Yes siree.

___

Hodgson better be fired today or tomorrow otherwise, I riot.

Machinima Retro Respawn and now the IGN Vault have provided some brilliant viewing this month I just have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

awful top 25... portal above HL2.... seriously :D

Pretty sure halo is going to be #1 which is retarded, but it is machinima after all.

My top 10 would be

10. FF X
    9. UT2004
    8. BF2
    7. Shadow of the Collosus
    6. KOTOR II
    5. World of Warcraft
    4. Zelda: Twlight Princess
    3. Diablo 2
    2. HL2 (CSS,TF2 etc)
    1. CS (Offically released last decaded :D )

Could probably change a few and i've no doubt forgotten some of the better ones

Aw crap, completely forgot about Halo icon_neutral.gif Have a bad feeling it's either that or Halo or... *sigh* MW2.

Kinda surprised Bioshock hasn't been mentioned. Never played it myself but it was critically acclaimed.

I played -

Super Mario Galaxy
    Guitar Hero
    GoW
    Uncharted 2
    COD4 :cool:
    GTA: VC
    Half Life 2
    Shadow of the Colossus

Somewhat embarrassed to not have played some of those games admittedly. Many of which I have intended on buying but due to a certain FPS game, didn't see the point of potentially wasting how ever much euro as I'd no doubt return to set FPS game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I love Fallout New Vegas. I just had sex with a robot named Fisto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I agree with a lot of those, nice to see SOTC getting some love, incredible game, everyone with a p3 should buy the upcoming HD remake.

Only ones on the list I havent played are WoW,Starcraft and Red Dead, which I really must get around to buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Wouldnt have the likes of Red dead, fable in there although they are good games and Lacking Metal Gear Solid 3 or 4 for me. Suprised that ive played most of them apart from the Rpg's. Its obvious Halo will be number 1

iMuse wrote: »
    Wouldnt have the likes of Red dead, fable in there although they are good games and Lacking Metal Gear Solid 3 or 4 for me. Suprised that ive played most of them apart from the Rpg's. Its obvious Halo will be number 1

Well tbf Halo made online console gaming as big as it is now, CoD may be the current champ in player numbers but it was Halo 2 that started it.

Nice to see Dead Space in there too, if only more people would play the thing fully and not give up after the first level cos its too scary :pac:

Can't sleep.

I hope someone else is following Painkiller Already live :D

http://www.justin.tv/woodysgamertag#

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i usually do but i'm afraid i've got work tomorrow morning so i can't stay up. Bah. Who's their guest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Fuuuuuuuuuck this work crap... Can't wait for a few drinks later.

See my new Tee-shirt? :pac:

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

now that im back working might buy minecraft and see what all the hullabaloo is about.Mind you havent had much time to play blops/civ5 or the witcher.

As for games of the decade-bioshock should be in there as should mw1.
    Bioshock just for the story/background and mw1 for setting a new standard for fps's.wasnt the biggest fan of mw1 but still think it should of been included

Your gonna get addicted..

was gonna download the free version but from what I gathered the paid one was the one to get so didnt bother.

Thats just what i need,another addiction!:D

• Advertisement

You can download it for free from the official site, you just can't play it online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Shamelessly stolen from AH .

Guy FREE climbs a 1,768 foot transmission mast

http://www.artifacting.com/blog/2010/09/15/climbing-a-1768-foot-transmission-tower/

Seen that a good while ago, scary to watch

Kersmash wrote: »
    i usually do but i'm afraid i've got work tomorrow morning so i can't stay up. Bah. Who's their guest?

Onslaught and Onlyusemyblade(is he even considered a guest anymore!?).

Started listening from 2pm onwards, I think it starts at one. First time listening live innit. But to summarize they were taking in a couple of fan calls. First one from some prepubescent who literally creamed his pants and admitted he had woodys logo on his bedroom door that his mom was a huge woodys fan :s Immediately he gave her the phone and woody for the most just kinda talked to her about him and Xmas, she was just going along with it despite not having a clue about him. Or at least I thought so.

After that Kyle asked for someone with boobs to write FPS on them and send him a pic. Few minutes later, he received the inevitable pic of manboobs :pac:
    Blade told of a story of how a fan bought 3 of his t-shirts, framed them and stuck them up on his wall.

Next fan was another kid(despite his age on his YT channel) who was sounded like he was close to tears over 1. talking to the guys and 2. his channel not getting the subs he wanted. The kid had 60 something subs, can't remember. After woody let him shout out his channel he went up to 1k in subs within 5 minutes. It was insane. He's near 2k now - http://www.youtube.com/user/flauxHD His channel view was around 2k, look at it now :pac:

I've only listened to 4 of the podcasts, but everyone is saying this was the best one :) I'd go along with that too from the ones I have listened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Borrowed Bad Company 2 from a friend and fúck me the difference between CoD and it is unreal.
    Way more balanced, much more challenging and wait for it...a shíte knifing system, tis like a dream!

Note: I'm not trying to start a which is better fight, just giving ye folks sick of BO an alternative :)

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Borrowed Bad Company 2 from a friend and fúck me the difference between CoD and it is unreal.
    Way more balanced, much more challenging and wait for it...a shíte knifing system, tis like a dream!

Note: I'm not trying to start a which is better fight, just giving ye folks sick of BO an alternative :)

Been thinking about getting that new edition that has the DLC included on it for a while, looks cool. But between NFS Hot Pursuit and Dead Space 2 coming in a few weeks I dunno when i'd get to play it

just giving ye folks sick of BO an alternative :)
    it was an alternative to MW2 and it was meh then and its meh now:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

krudler wrote: »
    Been thinking about getting that new edition that has the DLC included on it for a while, looks cool. But between NFS Hot Pursuit and Dead Space 2 coming in a few weeks I dunno when i'd get to play it

Heard NFS was shíte, don't quote me on that though!
    Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    it was an alternative to MW2 and it was meh then and its meh now:pac:

Fair enough when MW2 came out it was the shít and BC2 was awful but I soon got tired of the OMA and Commando and switched back!

• Advertisement

Heard NFS was shíte, don't quote me on that though!

Best racer I've played in years, its NFS in name only, looks like Burnout, plays like Burnout, graphics are amazing, Autolog is the best online feature in ages and its mad fun.
    online is crazy, two teams of four players, four in cop cars four as suspects, you have "perks" like roadblocks, chopper support that drop stingers, emps to take out electronics and police jammers that stop the cops being able to call in their support. Everyone is just trying to take each other out out slamming each other into walls and finding offroad shortcuts, its more of a beat em up on wheels lol, I hate realistic driving games like GT5, gorgeous to loko at but dull as fcuk to play, this is right up my street, now if only Criterion made a HD remake of Burnout 3, I can only hope..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement