Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

krudler wrote: »
    Best racer I've played in years, its NFS in name only, looks like Burnout, plays like Burnout, graphics are amazing, Autolog is the best online feature in ages and its mad fun.
    online is crazy, two teams of four players, four in cop cars four as suspects, you have "perks" like roadblocks, chopper support that drop stingers, emps to take out electronics and police jammers that stop the cops being able to call in their support. Everyone is just trying to take each other out out slamming each other into walls and finding offroad shortcuts, its more of a beat em up on wheels lol, I hate realistic driving games like GT5, gorgeous to loko at but dull as fcuk to play, this is right up my street, now if only Criterion made a HD remake of Burnout 3, I can only hope..

In your opinion I guess ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

GT5 kart racing=Unreal Fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

LakesKeane wrote: »
    In your opinion I guess ;)

tis :D ah I get why people love the realistic driving sims, my housemate loves Forza and Test Drive and that kinda thing, I just find them kinda dull, I had the first 3 GT games on ps1 and 2 just got kind bored of them, I'm not a "beat my best lap time by a milisecond" kind of person. If you're a car lover they're great though, and nobody can deny the astonishing level of detail in a GT game, as technical achievments they're unreal, but I'm an arcade racer fan, Outun, Burnout, Wipeout etc.
    Ones that are fun and dont take themselves too seriously. Once you've shunted someone into the path of an oncoming truck to howls of abuse as you roar past the finish line realisitcally driving round city streets just isnt as fun :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    tis :D ah I get why people love the realistic driving sims, my housemate loves Forza and Test Drive and that kinda thing, I just find them kinda dull, I had the first 3 GT games on ps1 and 2 just got kind bored of them, I'm not a "beat my best lap time by a milisecond" kind of person. If you're a car lover they're great though, and nobody can deny the astonishing level of detail in a GT game, as technical achievments they're unreal, but I'm an arcade racer fan, Outun, Burnout, Wipeout etc.
    Ones that are fun and dont take themselves too seriously. Once you've shunted someone into the path of an oncoming truck to howls of abuse as you roar past the finish line realisitcally driving round city streets just isnt as fun :pac:

I remember playen NFS hot pursuit on my friends pc years ago. Such a great game, two of us on a single keyboard. Working as a team to lay out those wheel spike thingys and place roadblocks. Hours upon hours sunk into that game :).

Will no doubt play the new one sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Onslaught and Onlyusemyblade(is he even considered a guest
    anymore!?).

Started listening from 2pm onwards, I think it starts at one. First time listening live innit. But to summarize they were taking in a couple of fan calls. First one from some prepubescent who literally creamed his pants and admitted he had woodys logo on his bedroom door that his mom was a huge woodys fan :s Immediately he gave her the phone and woody for the most just kinda talked to her about him and Xmas, she was just going along with it despite not having a clue about him. Or at least I thought so.

After that Kyle asked for someone with boobs to write FPS on them and send him a pic. Few minutes later, he received the inevitable pic of manboobs :pac:
    Blade told of a story of how a fan bought 3 of his t-shirts, framed them and stuck them up on his wall.

Next fan was another kid(despite his age on his YT channel) who was sounded like he was close to tears over 1. talking to the guys and 2. his channel not getting the subs he wanted. The kid had 60 something subs, can't remember. After woody let him shout out his channel he went up to 1k in subs within 5 minutes. It was insane. He's near 2k now - http://www.youtube.com/user/flauxHD His channel view was around 2k, look at it now :pac:

I've only listened to 4 of the podcasts, but everyone is saying this was the best one :) I'd go along with that too from the ones I have listened to.

i'm listening to it now on the bus to galway :D it's absolutely hilarious. I was expecting kyle to crack on to your mans mum!

• Advertisement

HAHA . That mother does not have a clue who woody is :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

LakesKeane wrote: »
    HAHA . That mother does not have a clue who woody is :pac::pac::pac:

But I'm sure she knows what one is :p

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The kid has broke 2k in subs. He has cult prepubescent hero status :eek:

i bet he's in a perpetual state of jizzing.

Right lads, dinner calls and then I have to get ready for tonight so with that said. Hope you's all have a good one tonight whatever your up to and I'll see you on the other side :eek:

happy000.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

You too man, have a very happy new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ha, was dealing with a customer earlier and could clearly hear her kids playing Blops in the background, "I hate that stupid little car!" being one of the many things shouted out during the call :D too right kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Happy New Years guys!

*This year I met all ye legends :D

Happy Kippers everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

At twelve tonight everyone txt happy new year to random phone numbers until you eventually get mine.:D

Happy New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    At twelve tonight everyone txt happy new year to random phone numbers until you eventually get mine.:D

Happy New Year.

You prob wont get the text till 12 2moro night :p

Happy New year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Shít, i'm going to get pissed :s

Im going knacker drinking for the night.

Pissed............
    Love all you ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

6 cans in the mates house, came home and played Xbox. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Yer man is nearing 4k subs now. :eek:

messy night xD

Cracking night last night :)

Ade your Alive thank god.

Just waking now, drink was had :eek:

I read that first time around as...
    Tallon wrote: »
    Just **** now, drink was had :eek:

and assumed Dublinedude69 was cleaning his keyboard and monitor after he read that :o :pac:

lol

Also, I quite enjoyed watching Wall E on RTE 1 earlier.

Have it on blueray. It's unreal

• Advertisement

Wall E is savage. Just home from galway now. Wrecked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement