Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Our library was closed a mate said. It's bad enough that we've exams this early, but they can't even open the library.

I'll tell myself that's why I don't go the library, yea, it's because people talk too loud in there :rolleyes::pac:

I was just trying to return a few books that were overdue and had an hour to spare as I was waiting on someone. Decided to hit the books there and then and some hysterical aul one(mature(haha) student) started laughing and talking out loud for near 10 minutes. One of those moments where you just want to stand up and yell to shut the **** up, that or just suplex her through a window.

The worst thing is coming home and being told to go back to the library and study by the folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Some right ignorant rude people out there alright. Nothing more of a turn-off imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

LakesKeane wrote: »
    ^^PS3 needs some loving after Black Ops rejected it :o

Internet on/off on/off all night last night.

Watched a film agaain though

"Will you teach me to football?" :pac: :pac:

Out of stock in smyths , picked up cod4 and god of war 3 instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

^^PS3 needs some loving after Black Ops rejected it :o

Internet on/off on/off all night last night.

Watched a film agaain though

"Will you teach me to football?" :pac: :pac:

Who we guna kick? The Mods!
    Who we guna kill? The Mods!
    Who we guna kiss? ....The Mods!

Gotcha ;)

Shammy wrote: »
    Out of stock in smyths , picked up cod4 and god of war 3 instead.

COD4 for the PS3? :P

• Advertisement

COD4 for the PS3? :P

Actually yeah :eek:

How much was COD 4 in smyths shammy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I got mine in Smyths for 30 euro.

They made a mistake with me , it was marked down for 29.99 game of the year edition , and got gow3 as well , i traded in black-ops (ps3) but i only got charged 14.99 :eek:

Thats fairly steep since it's been out a while! Works out around €20 on zavvi delivered iirc. Krudler posted a link yesterday.

EDIT:
    Referring to €30 it's steep imo.

Here's the link http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-platinum/8677756.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

People who go into a library and cannot use an indoor voice, infuriate me. That is all.

I'm going to get it in HMV when I get home, have a €20 one for all voucher I've to use. Either that or in Extravision whatever's easier.

Thats fairly steep since it's been out a while! Works out around €20 on zavvi delivered iirc. Krudler posted a link yesterday.

EDIT:
    Referring to €30 it's steep imo.

Here's the link http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-platinum/8677756.html

Zavi sounds good , In smyths its was 29.99 down from 49.99.

PerrinV2 wrote: »

I was referencing that actually :D

Can't believe I watched that tripe looking back :o
    _________

Lads try to get the GOTY edition as it includes the 4 bonus maps which IMO are brilliant.

Well ended up buying it second hand on ebay there for 17e. Good to see a few of us will have it now!

Me
    Ade
    Shammy
    Headshot
    Lee
    Kersmash
    Kells
    Krudler?

Probably a lot more

:D:D

GOTY edition lakes? Nice price :eek:

I was referencing that actually :D

Can't believe I watched that tripe looking back :o
    _________

Lads try to get the GOTY edition as it includes the 4 bonus maps which IMO are brilliant.

It doesn't anymore, saw it posted somewhere on boards. The 4 bonus maps were only included for a while when the GOTY edition came out.

Could be wrong though, just what I've read.

Dont know if i have them or not , i wasnt impressed by the map pack anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Well ended up buying it second hand on ebay there for 17e. Good to see a few of us will have it now!

Me
    Ade
    Shammy
    Headshot
    Lee
    Kersmash
    Kells
    Krudler?
    Muse

Probably a lot more

You can add me to the list :) I dont have the maps, i gameshared them off someone but my ps3 broke :(

Leeg17 wrote: »
    GOTY edition lakes? Nice price :eek:

Ya GOTY edition. Doubt the codes are in it though

• Advertisement

I'm going to scab the map packs off my mate when he is online. I'm fairly sure I can't but is it possible for me to share them with other people once I have downloaded it or does it have to be from the person who originally downloaded the pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

no ,has to be the original persons account to download them

was never a fan of the map pack on MW when i had it on xbox
    Chinatown had been maps on two of the previous Cod series just modded a bit

might pick it up for Ps3 being my second favourite Cod (WAW was Fav:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Me
    Ade
    Shammy
    Headshot
    Lee
    Kersmash
    Kells
    Krudler?

Probably a lot more

I have it

Chinatown was the best looking map in COD4. IW did a fantastic job redesigning maps. Really fun for objective games, for TDM it was 'meh'. Though I never really played TDM in COD4 unlike nowadays.

Broadcast was great for everything from Ground War to SnD.

Kill House I really liked for Team Tac and Cage Match.

Creek was really something different. But was unbalanced especially if you were spawning on the hill/cliff side it was so easy for kills.

In short, besides the grenade fest that was Wetwork and Bog(if your spawn trapped opposite the overpass it was hell). I loved every map in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I recall Tallon being addicted to/playing Minecraft, anyone else play it? Got it at the weekend and been sucked in a bit. :o

Chinatown was the best looking map in COD4. IW did a fantastic job redesigning maps. Really fun for objective games, for TDM it was 'meh'. Though I never really played TDM in COD4 unlike nowadays.

Broadcast was great for everything from Ground War to SnD.

Kill House I really liked for Team Tac and Cage Match.

Creek was really something different. But was unbalanced especially if you were spawning on the hill/cliff side it was so easy for kills.

In short, besides the grenade fest that was Wetwork and Bog(if your spawn trapped opposite the overpass it was hell). I loved every map in that game.

Thats what im saying loved Carentan in Cod 2 and China town is the only map i like in the map pack from Cod 4

my minds made up ill pick it up tommorow in my local Gamestop :P
    have a few bob in my PSN wallet for i dont know how long so will prob get the maps just for chinatown:o

Cossax wrote: »
    I recall Tallon being addicted to/playing Minecraft, anyone else play it? Got it at the weekend and been sucked in a bit. :o

I downloaded the free trial soon after the first big hype about it. I ended up digging a super-big hole, falling into it and not being able to do anything except tunnel underground :o

________

Stole this from Cool Vids forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

How fo you download trial cant find it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Me
    Ade
    Shammy
    Headshot
    Lee
    Kersmash
    Kells
    Krudler?
    Flecktarn

Had it since release date :) Btw does anyone here play FIFA 11? I finally got it yesterday after tearing the arse of FIFA 10 for months :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement