Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

AHEM Lee. I gave you details to my fileserve account ! Download away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Got it, thanks again <3

Sweet jehovah, 1.6 down (out of possible 13.5down but meh) :o

You should be getting full speed :confused:.

BTW where you getting 13.5 out of, speed test measures in Mbps whereas the likes of firefox and chrome measure in MBps.

Oh. Get orbit downloader too. Highlight your links right click and whoopa!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Rapidshare is the dogs b****x. A friend of mine created an account and gave me his login details.... drooool at the speed and download usage

I find fewer and fewer people uploading movies to RS, seems to be a transfer to some other services. Love it though, get a meg a second (at least) no matter the time of day/night.

LakesKeane wrote: »
    You should be getting full speed :confused:.

BTW where you getting 13.5 out of, speed test measures in Mbps whereas the likes of firefox and chrome measure in MBps.

Oh. Get orbit downloader too. Highlight your links right click and whoopa!

Say 12.5 from here
    1098894828.png

And when I'm downloading, the downloads box in Firefox goes from say 750kB/s to 1.3mB/s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Take into account that (maybe) Slow servers on their side means that your not going to get your connection maxed out all the time, not hard to max out my 3meg at home lol, Dont bother downloading at college, not worth the risk.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Say 12.5 from here
    1098894828.png

And when I'm downloading, the downloads box in Firefox goes from say 750kB/s to 1.3mB/s

Ah yes, That's megabits per second whereas firefox measures in megabytes per second. So the max megabytes per second you should be getting is
    8 bits in a byte
    12/8 = 3/2 .. ... around 1.5 MBps. .
    All is well :)

iMuse wrote: »
    Take into account that (maybe) Slow servers on their side means that your not going to get your connection maxed out all the time, not hard to max out my 3meg at home lol, Dont bother downloading at college, not worth the risk.

The only reason I'm chancing it (+ it is a big chance, I don't deny) is because my mate has like 100gb downloaded already. I'm doing 10 max, the essentials like :rolleyes:

726349402.png

Maybe I should with speeds like these :D imagine hosting cod on that upload speed

Damn you city folk!

Although, at home I'd probably still be picked as host before you :pac:

• Advertisement

Damn you city folk!

Aint no cities in Donegal the last time I checked :p

Haha, just presumed from the Dublin server that you're in Dublin with that connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Woodys responseto the FlauxHD thing. I agree with him in some parts and not in others. He does have the power to make a channel grow hugely. I don't think that many people subbed to the kid cos they liked him. it was the gus on the podcasts influence. He's right about not bashing on the kid. In fairness he didn't ask for the shout out and did seem to appreciate it a lot. Hmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Am on the college net, and a mate has downloaded 100gb+ on this and hasn't been caught so far, so it's ok for now afaik.

It keeps offering links to Rapidshare and those kind of sites to download from, providing a password for a faster download but no username? :confused:

That probably isn't the pass for faster download. Are you sure it's not the one needed to unzip the downloaded files?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Poor kid, did nothing wrong. And it's not like he's earning big bucks all of a sudden. he's just happy to have a lot of subs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Anyone who knows the comic, will ****ing love this...

http://www.m0ar.org/4102

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Saw the GOTY cod 4 edition(2nd hand) for the ps3 for 20 yesterday in symths,was tempted to make the first cod game I got for the ps3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

2 weeks of Christmas
    One too many mince pies
    Chocolate
    Huge fcukin' dinners

+

Going back to the gym

=

Sore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I hear ya! Been posting here about my runs. Killing me! Another 5k to do at 7 :(

Hmm, what'll I be doing at 7?
    Watching tv, eating a burger then maybe go to sleep :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

I hear ya! Been posting here about my runs. Killing me! Another 5k to do at 7 :(

Before Christmas i was pushing on 9k a gym session, but today my body would only allow 5k. Hoping to reach 9k again by the start of next week.

**** you mince pies and Christmas dinners, i will pwn you!

Hmm, what'll I be doing at 7?
    Watching tv, eating a burger then maybe go to sleep :P

Well now then, that's not very nice!

I hope you (temporarily) choke on your burger ;)
    Before Christmas i was pushing on 9k a gym session, but today my body would only allow 5k. Hoping to reach 9k again by the start of next week.

On my days off I'm hoping to do more. At the moment I'm in work so can't really skive off for too long. Between getting changed, running and showering I'm away from my desk for about an hour... don't think the boss man would be too happy if I headed off for a 10k run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Someone pick a pizza place for me to order.

Dominoes.

Get me a 12" with chicken, bacon and sweetcorn. Garlic bread as a side. <3

(pity all I'm having for lunch/dinner/tea is a cheap ass chicken burger. Student food :()

My word I'm hungry...

Had a chicken tikka an cheese wrap for lunch. No idea what I'm gonna do for dinner though seeing as I'm stuck in the bloody office!

EDIT: Trout, I'll give ya fiver for a slice as long as you keep it on the QT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Dominoes.

Get me a 12" with chicken, bacon and sweetcorn. Garlic bread as a side. <3

(pity all I'm having for lunch/dinner/tea is a cheap ass chicken burger. Student food :()

The sizzler is the most awesome pizza in the world from there :) Also the garlic bread is my Favorite :D Was just going to order it, but just got a phone call and someone is bringing mc d's home :D

Where do you live Cereal Ill post it.

All this food talk is making me feel like this chap
    south-park-20070306115009688.jpg

• Advertisement

Where do you live Cereal Ill post it.

Working in Cherrywood, lemme know when you've ordered and I'll hit you up.

Thanks man!

I think I'm going to eat my foot soon :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement