Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Morning, I wanna play blops so bad, what is wrong with me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Kersmash wrote: »
    we won :D delighted! Tough games against lovely lads, i'll post a bit of a report later.

Alright so the first thing when was they hosted all 3 games. It was grand cos I'm sure they were Irish so we'd good connections, besides one lag spike during domination, everything was perfect.

First match was S&D on Villa, we got off to a flying start, winning the first two rounds, it went downhill from there, went to 3-3 and into overtime, where they pulled it out of the bag. It was 1 v 1 with only a few seconds to go, I was planting out of desperation and got stunned just as I finished planting, leaving yer man with an easy kill to win the match.

Next up was Domination on Summit, christ they were tough ggames, really enjoyable to play. In GB you play Domination twice, so it's kinda like there's 2 8 minute rounds, and each round you choose a different team to get the different spawns, I think it's Black Ops and Spetsnaz on that map, not sure. After both the rounds your score from each round is added up and whoever has the highest wins. Anyway, in the first round they did and insane job of keeping B on lockdown. It's alot easier to do from the spawn by the power station. After much back and forth they won the round by 14 points. In round 2 we had the good spawn IMO, we were able to cap B pretty easily using a nice trick I learned from TmarT and managed to hold it for a good while. They were snakey out though, one of them would run through C so the announcer would go "We're losing C!" and then head over to B, meaning there'd only be one of us watching B making it easier for them to cap. Anyway, we did a good job that round, even managing to hold a triple cap for a while. We won that match by about 25 points I think, meaning we won that match overall, yay!

Next up was CTF on Radiation. I was really excited about this game as I've taken on a new love of CTF recently, and radiation is my favourite map for it so far. It was a real tactical match, my friends was mainly on Defense and I ran the flag, but we swapped it up a little too when it was needed. In the first round the score was 2-2, with some great plays, including a dolphin dive flag cap while being shot at from me :D The next round was great fun too, the reason we won is because they failed to mix up which routes they took with the flag, they always went underground, meaning we could just peer down the hatch for an easy kill and return. Still, it was tough but we came out 3-1. Meaning overall the score was 5-3, and we won that match.

Overall we won 2-1, and the lads were great sportsmen, really pleasant and funny guys, it was a pleasure playing with them and chatting in the lobby. We'll have a rematch someday :D Sorry for the long post!

TL;DR: We lost S&D, won Domination and won CTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tallon wrote: »
    Morning, I wanna play blops so bad, what is wrong with me

thats crazy talk, play COD4 instead, its much better for ya :pac:

Hmm, should I buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Hmm, should I buy it?

Im going to get it tonight actually, then again I already have it for PS3 so I could join you gaylorrdssss ;)

Anyway have you lads seen this?

• Advertisement

yeah, seen that..

Woohoo 9K post

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Have any of the guys playing Fifa(ps3) set up a pro club?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I love these fellas
    Jessica Alba is just a plus :)

Look up "Too the ground"

Fúcking hillarious

Is the minecraft server still up tallon?

• Advertisement

Yeah, server is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=767

I'm on now, but im also eating

Had a look around for the craic. Should be on for a bit at the weekend.
    Have to try and get a proper sleeping pattern back :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Shouldn't PKA be on now or have I lost the plot(again) and it's on tomorrow morning?

Fúck that... the last thing I need is another 1hour sleep night you horrible people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

they record on thursday. Friday morning our time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Exam at 2. Only did about an hour study total for it, can't be bothered to do anything, including going out tonight for the end of the exams :/

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Exam at 2. Only did about an hour study total for it, can't be bothered to do anything, including going out tonight for the end of the exams :/
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Got a 78% on my Geography which im very happy with.

To clarify, he gave us a list of 4 questions, 2 of which we'll have to do. Did 3 from 4 so I'm guarnteed to be able to do the 2 I have to. Past that I can't be bothered :p

Nice Kells, Geog was my favourite LC subject along with Bio :D

• Advertisement

To clarify, he gave us a list of 4 questions, 2 of which we'll have to do. Did 3 from 4 so I'm guarnteed to be able to do the 2 I have to. Past that I can't be bothered :p

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah I see

Oh Krudler, 127 hours is epic :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I saw it yesterday, thought it was brilliant!

Some w*nkers in the cinema did their best to ruin it by laughing at everything!

It was not a funny film.

Not in the least.

James Franco is a very underrated actor imo. Funny line from Pineapple Express always cracks me up;

Saul: This. Is. The future, this is like the apex of the vortex of joint engineering. It's rumored that M. M. O'Shaughnessy designed the first one - the guy who, uh, designed the Golden Gate Bridge. My second favorite civil engineer behind Hannskarl Bandel: Madison Square Garden... What you do is you light all three ends at the same time...
    Dale Denton: Really?
    Saul: - and then the smoke converges, creating a TRIFECTA of joint-smoking power. This is it, man. This is what your grandchildren are gonna be smoking.

:D

I saw it yesterday, thought it was brilliant!

Some w*nkers in the cinema did their best to ruin it by laughing at everything!

It was not a funny film.

There were a few funny lines in it, his interview with himself and drinking the piss was kinda chucklesome "tastes like a bag of piss!"

the arm cutting scene is brilliantly done though, and the music is savage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Thanks he had us all thinking that it would be rock hard and put a pass as 50% with over 70% as an honour.:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Why is somebody trying to reset my xbox live password everyday?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

cuz xbox iz ghey

Glue is drying on my PX21's

This better work :(

• Advertisement

Glue is drying on my PX21's

This better work :(

Hope it does Tal, have gotten too acustomed to my pair now to not play games without them.

You know what they say, once you go

Never mind

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement