Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Magill wrote: »
    U drunk ?

yes. no recollection posting here. oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

You'd kinda feel sorry for wings if he wasnt such a massive tool. He complains he has no friends and nothing to do outside of playing games, then treats his subs like crap when they call him up on stuff he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I hated him a month or two ago. I don't know if it's just me but he's seemed to have softened up a bit.
    s
    He talks alot of $hit still, haven't subbed to him though and doubt I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

krudler wrote: »
    You'd kinda feel sorry for wings if he wasnt such a massive tool. He complains he has no friends and nothing to do outside of playing games, then treats his subs like crap when they call him up on stuff he does.

Did he actually say "I have no friends"? Poor guy. Still a dickhead.

Yup! such a buzz killer on the podcast. everyone was like..... right.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Kersmash wrote: »
    Yup! such a buzz killer on the podcast. everyone was like..... right.....

I probably would have laughed myself. When I was young and dumb I had a spout like that but hes just a general arsehole.

Sprrratt wrote: »
    Did he actually say "I have no friends"? Poor guy. Still a dickhead.

Yeah he tends to kill the banter on every podcast by doing his Charlie Brown sadface act. hes still a knob though. Woody is sound and can have a well through out argument, same as a lot of the other directors, but wings just riles me, hes everything thats wrong with the COD community tbh. listening to him complain about people camping is hilarious, when he does it its "defensive" when someone else does theyre noobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah, hes sooooo cocky aswel, woody snapped last nite too lol. Wings goes "Sure you've never had a long range game " and woody lost it hahaha.... funny... hes a ****, swear hes some sort of god at the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

krudler wrote: »

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

...... Sorry, I've just stopped laughing and have regained my composure enough to type.

How can I say this articulately...

Em...

Ok... here goes...

F*ck him! All he does is sit at his computer all day criticising other people's gameplay. If he bothered to get up off his fat hole and go outside his room (which I am sure is situated upstairs in his Mom's house) and realised that there is a world other than that located in the XBOX he might discover that he isn't King Rat, that talking to real people like that will get him a slap and maybe, just maybe, he'll get his first kiss from a girl and realise that it felt better than pounding his padro on a twice-daily basis to the Tomraider cover of Lara Croft.

/Rant

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

LakesKeane wrote: »
    I hated him a month or two ago. I don't know if it's just me but he's seemed to have softened up a bit.
    s
    He talks alot of $hit still, haven't subbed to him though and doubt I will.

He has according to a few in the YT community and also he isn't playing for himself and his K/D anymore too which helps. He has admitted himself he was very egotistical in his gameplay in MW2. Said before in COD4 he was one of the better commentators even if ti wasn't such an over-saturated market as it is today.

I re-subbed to him again and personally speaking, I've enjoyed the last couple of commentaries for what it's worth.

I like how he has a different opinion to most and sticks to his beliefs(unlike many people who play COD in general, most just go with the flow of who's popular) but again, the problem is the way he puts himself across and that will always be his downfall. In PKA, I've lost count over the number of times he interrupts people who are mid sentence or are on the verge of speaking. That is very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Wings is just sickened that xJawz took his strategy of putting out 3 vids a day, everyday and is getting far more views, xJawz got 3 million video views last week :eek: He must be making a few grand a week from youtube.

iMuse wrote: »
    Wings is just sickened that xJawz took his strategy of putting out 3 vids a day, everyday and is getting far more views, xJawz got 3 million video views last week :eek: He must be making a few grand a week from youtube.

Thanks for the reminder. I have to unsub to him. Did a huge clearout of subs last week and I forgot about him.

While his gameplay is fine, his commentaries are dull as dishwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Thanks for the reminder. I have to unsub to him. Did a huge clearout of subs last week and I forgot about him.

While his gameplay is fine, his commentaries are dull as dishwater.

Yup happens when you put out that many videos, just isnt enough to talk about unless you go into real life stuff. Did a bit of clearout myself.

I don't like xjawz at all I must say . I know he has to get good gameplay but afaik his w/l ratio is pathetic due to quiting out of decent lobbies . Like whiteboy does .
    I'm
    I love themarkofj !
    Beast !

Yup happens when you put out that many videos, just isnt enough to talk about unless you go into real life stuff. Did a bit of clearout myself.

Tbh I only subbed a long time ago to see his gameplay. Gameplay hasn't done anything for me in a long time now and I've always found him to be one of those comment on what's in front of me commentators. There is nothing interesting about him.

Xcal and Sandy are the ones to watch in regards to gameplay.

The ones to sub to are Woody, FataiError, Kyle(FPS Russia), WoR, Blade, NGT, Xcal, nanners, Hutch, El Pres, Ricky Chops, Sandy.. for me at least. The rest are VERY hit n miss. I'd probably include MoodieSweede in the names mentioned above but he is posting less and less these days.

TheMarkOfJ !

what do channel owners get paid? heard it was like 25c per view or sub or something

It changes as the channel grows I think. Starting out YouTube partners get $1.50 per 1000 views afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Px21's broke again. First it was the inside speaker rattling inside the speaker holder after the glue failed. Now the connection of the speaker to the part that wraps around your head is loose, meaning the speaker angles out from my ear. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

What the hell happened there Lee?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Absolutely nothing, as per the first thing that was broken. Never dropped, stressed or thrown them. Shoddy piece of work I think. Super glue should hold it for a while.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Px21's broke again. First it was the inside speaker rattling inside the speaker holder after the glue failed. Now the connection of the speaker to the part that wraps around your head is loose, meaning the speaker angles out from my ear. FFS

Glad I didn't fork out for TB's going by you guys and a mate of mine who thinks they were created by Satan :pac:

My Sharkoon's haven't arrived yet :(

I unsubbed from xJawz the other day. Sick of having my sub box spammed by sub par commentaries just because he wants to make money. He did a live stream via his webcam the otherday, and it was basically a video of a snot nosed, up his own arse, 16 year old with a lot of money. He kept waving 100 dollar bills in front of the camera and acting like he was gods gift to the gaming world. Haven't watched a video of his since. He does so many live commentaries too, cos they're so easy to bang out. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I know i slagged this guy off a few months ago, but the only commentator (Besides the guys that post here and maybe hutch) that i listen to pretty much every video of is Whiteboy7thst. I find his live commentaries hilarious, especially his high roller series. And his vlog channel is very good aswel... check him out if you haven't tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Have to admit im loving Chris Smoove a the moment.

Have to admit im loving Chris Smoove a the moment.

Smoove is funny, he's so chilled out all the time and really easy to listen to. His blatant but knowingly campy gameplay wouldnt be worth watching only for he's so funny about it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Yay for internet access in work again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bluemooner

Youtube's payout schedule:
    $ 0.0033/1 view
    $ 3/1,000 view
    $33/ 10,000 views
    $330/ 100,000 views
    $3300/ 1,000,000 views

bluemooner wrote: »
    $ 0.0033/1 view
    $ 3/1,000 view
    $33/ 10,000 views
    $330/ 100,000 views
    $3300/ 1,000,000 views

is this specifically for channels? or say someone updates a vid of their kid doing something funny, it gets a million views, they get paid 3 grand?

• Advertisement

bluemooner wrote: »
    $ 0.0033/1 view
    $ 3/1,000 view
    $33/ 10,000 views
    $330/ 100,000 views
    $3300/ 1,000,000 views

:eek:

Couple of Guys minted so.

Fred :mad: