Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice/recommendation

• 20-08-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

New to this area of boards

I go to a lot of sporting occassions and want tog e tinto taking decent photos. I also do a lot of walking and nature related journeys and often wished to have a 'proper' camera with which to do views justice. Zooming is often the issue with whatever device I have.

Can people advise on a decent starter camera with appropriate zooming?

thanks

RM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 freddyhard

you can easily spend thousands on cameras, so what is your limit? have you taken any kind of photos before, just you mention zooming being a problem - unless you mean walking up close or far away from the object :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I have just been reading through the stickies on the issues

I suppose I wont be able to take good pics from being in the stands at sports games mainly...I am not looking to become a professional photographer..my normal digital camera or mobile phone camera just does not do it for me zoom wise

I would be looking at a few hundred max...lets say €400 - €500 max...but open to paying less if it meets needs

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Super5onic

Fuji HS10 (30 optical zoom) and pretty easy to operate about €400

Fuji F80 (The best compact i have ever used) - 10 optical zoom about €220

Nikon S3000 - Good cheap and cheerful compact - 5 optical zoom about €200

Any Canon but they will be dearer

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Super5onic

Just read about the new Fuji F300 (coming out in September) - 15 optical zoom is a good as you can get in a compact

Advertisement