Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Trailer Advise

• 20-08-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭

Hopefully this is the best forum to post - I am looking for twin axel trailer - 8 or 10*5. I see many new blue painted trailers with brakes etc for ~ €800, and the alternative is the big brand trailers around the €2000 mark. My use of such a trailer is limited so my query is around what people think the main disadvantages are of these cheaper trailers and if they would be suitable for domestic use?

I have looked at secondhand market too but it looks really difficult to find something that isnt wrecked

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭kay 9

Casati wrote: »
    Hopefully this is the best forum to post - I am looking for twin axel trailer - 8 or 10*5. I see many new blue painted trailers with brakes etc for ~ €800, and the alternative is the big brand trailers around the €2000 mark. My use of such a trailer is limited so my query is around what people think the main disadvantages are of these cheaper trailers and if they would be suitable for domestic use?

I have looked at secondhand market too but it looks really difficult to find something that isnt wrecked

Any help appreciated
    For domestic use the cheaper 8x4 are ideal. No need for an ifor williams unless your towing it daily and workin it hard. There is no main disadvantages of the cheaper trailers only that most are mild steel meaning they will rust if not housed or painted every few yrs. No big deal really;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Casati

Thanks for that, will hopefully do a bit of shopping this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭hoodrats

Casati wrote: »

Any help appreciated

for light domestic use the 8x4 painted trailer is fine . it will just have a basic handbrake and wont have towbar braking which is why the bigger brand trailers cost more.

Advertisement