Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SVB Updates Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Good shit . :cool:

Bah wish I was over there having the craic with yeas. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Some great news there Dreddy. Unluvky for hound to come across a former top 8 Evo finalist. But no doubt you kicked ass up until then! :)

Mega grats to Ramza.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    ramza's in top 16 of 3s to be played on Sunday, he raped everyone in his group and was destroying people in casuals all day, only a few people were beating him. developed quite a few fans who were going nuts whenever he did cool urien ****

mike, chris and darktalant to my knowledge are still in the sf4 tournament, having gotten through groups and not played their bracket matches yet.

other players who got through groups and were subsequently knocked out in brackets:

hound (PR Balrog, quarter finals of the bracket)
    blag (some el fuerte that almost beat daigo, top 16 of bracket)
    the truth (starnab, top 16 of bracket)
    kirby (his pad broke)
    simon guilfoyle (lost to some rufus, not sure when)

not sure if i'm forgetting anyone

GHEY. :(

Pad broke and borrowed someone else's, which wasn't the same and ended up losing 2-1. Today is a good day to die. Are any of the other Irish lads still left in it?

/thread hijack

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Poor Kirby.

Should've learned stick.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Hard to read brackets

x2_2691939

x2_2691c24

Only irish person i can see is Blag vs Coungster

Edit:
    I see Kirby and The Truth aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

BTW, is this single or double-elimination brackets?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

Would be sweet to see some vids of Starnab; I gotta level up my Fei.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Heard through the grapevine that Vyze and Tsukiko were both knocked out...I dunno about Infernis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

wow in a couple of those vids the auto turn off feature comes on the tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Updates from Cloudpaul

HDR

- Blag didn't make it out of groups
    - Dreddy landed top 16, losing to Orf last years winner

T6
    - The Truth landed top 16, put out by KO'd

SSFIV
    - Cobel landed top 16, put out by Ryan Hart

BBCS
    - Vyze knocked out in groups

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Wow lotta top 16s there, well done guys.

And Cobelcog, if you were going to get knocked out by anyone, Ryan Hart's a good way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 roy nelson

how did simon lau do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Simon Lau is the The Truth.

He got top 16 but was knocked out by Starnab. That is if I'm reading that right. It may have been top 16 of his bracket.

He got top 16 in Tekken.

Fair play to the lads. Lots of top 16s in lots of games.

Good luck to ramza in 3s today. Show off that fancy Urien BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Luffy walks away Champion in SSFIV after beating Ryan Hart in the finals. Rose be representin'
    Ryan had the honour of knocking out Daigo. The Beast went with Cammy for their first game and apperantly threw an entire round doing instant cannon strikes? =/

Twitter feed with all the action here: http://twitter.com/saikyorb

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Is 3s and HDR still going?

HDR is ongoing right now I believe, 3S finished up earlier. I was just digging back through the Twitter feed to find the results.

I'm assuming Ramza was down as Zabusa in 3S? Unfortunately he was knocked out by Naibinn's Makoto in the Quarter Finals if he was. GG laddy!
    The final standings came down to Pedram's Necro in 3rd, Ryan Hart's Ken in 2nd and Tome's Makoto in 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Ramza was down as Ramza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

GorySnake wrote: »
    Ramza was down as Ramza

:pac:

GorySnake wrote: »
    Ramza was down as Ramza

Oh right. Well then! I didn't see any mention of him on the feed I'm afraid. I saw a Urien in the top 8 and jumped to conclusions. =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ramza lost in top 16 to Pedram.swe, a Chun player. He wasn't warmed up and messed up a super parry at the end on the 6th hit, was heartbreaking.

Top 8 of SSF4 was sick, crowd went nuts when Ryan beat Daigo.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Ramza lost in top 16 to Pedram.swe, a Chun player.

ixbNM.png
    Seeya later!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Daigo's cammy looked amateur, especially since we're used to cobelcog pulling off combos. He whiffed a lot of stuff and yes he threw a round doing instant spikes! His ryu had Ryan beat until Ryan pulled off a fireball into super through daigo's fireball.

Luffy beat Ryan comfortably though, he was so solid. The French dominated this event, they are amazingly good. And they create the most hype?

Best match of all was evans (fei) vs yota (sim). Yota is only 15! Yota was beaten easily in the first game and then took a while to decide whether or not to rematch or maybe character change. He stuck with sim. It ended with yota stuck in the corner and Evans in the lead. Yota pulls off a super which Evans rekkas into then yota dashes forward and does ultra. Evans expects yota to teleport behind like he had done all match but instead he teleports in front and somehow Evans eats the ultra. Crowd went wild!

Great craic this weekend. Heading off to London arcade today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

From reading the Eventhubs thread (which has a lot of lol drama and Marn saying Europe is crap), it looks like Ryan Hart pulled a nice mindgame on Daigo.

He played Dhalsim in Casuals against Daigo, and then insisted on a blind character select in the tournament.

Daigo thought he was counter-picking with Cammy; but Ryan went with Ryu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

From reading the Eventhubs thread (which has a lot of lol drama and Marn saying Europe is crap), it looks like Ryan Hart pulled a nice mindgame on Daigo.

He played Dhalsim in Casuals against Daigo, and then insisted on a blind character select in the tournament.

Daigo thought he was counter-picking with Cammy; but Ryan went with Ryu.

This is true. Ryan's a slimy one :) tricked Daigo nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

If you're gonna counter-pick, make sure you're counter picking the right character XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

From reading the Eventhubs thread (which has a lot of lol drama and Marn saying Europe is crap)

Yeah, Ed Ma and Ryan Hart himself have gotten involved too. Epic bitchfest in general from the Daigo fanboys, too.

Tourney results from SRK: http://shoryuken.com/f6/svb-20-x-august-20-21-22-london-248129/

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Marns a clown, they should have a 5v5, Europe vs Usa and we see who wins, My moneys on Europe especially if Louffy & Alioune are in Europes team. The french seem very strong everywhere they go, they must never leave there house unless they are going somewhere to play SSF4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

SVB was really good and I had so much fun

Was so much fun playing casuals in 3s, I could see straight away the general level of the competition and who to look out for (French guys and one or two others only stuck out imo). Good to see certain players try to take GGPO **** offline and getting trampled. :pac: Overall the level of 3s was very high and I entered the event confident and I feel it really helped. So glad all of my training paid off in the end, I just got into the zone and no one could take me off the machine bar the French guys :pac:

People went mad for the pad, literally. When they first saw me take out my pad to go on next it was like wtf, but once I got into the groove of things I caused quite a stir to say the least and I'm glad I did. I brought da hype. People were going mad for "pad urien", "Irish Urien" and at one stage I heard Irish RX! I was so pleased with my performance.

When people behind me were shaking my hands and stuff and saying I was a great player and I put on a great show when I did UB setups I was pleased. I had a handful of people approach me and ask me am I Ramza from GGPO/NE/etc

I lost to Pedram_SWE in the end but at the end of it the better player won and he deserved to go onto top 8. Nothing you can do there ^^

The SF4 finals were absolute quality! The whole trip was great, outside of SF so much craic was had. I had loads of fun lads

We should definitely go to Evo this year! Bigger event innit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

You guys suck balls so you get an edited version of a post i made elsewhere.
    It was cool to meet different players I've known from neo empire for years too, I got spotted by people so many times it was crazy, Even some American player in troc knew who I was from videos or something.

Met daigo casually, no fawning from me no sir, and had ono watch me play hdremix versus a t hawk/zangief player while I was on a win streak that end soon after he left!

SSFIV: Groups: came third.
    Final round of my final game decided who placed second and third, one hit either way, My vega was knocked down in the corner and the viper jumped in with flame kick, I tried a wake up reversal scarlet terror, and lost should have back dashed or blocked. gutted.
    I consider myself better than that guy (based on his days play), but fair play to him, the dude who topped the group was a Swedish rose, who was quite good. I was having some input problems, whether that was me or the TV I don't know.

HDRemix: Again came third, this time in a group of 7, again, one hit either way in the final round. Worse, had i followed chun's super with the up kicks, I would have won. oh well.
    I did beat chunkis in my groups though So I'll take that.

3rd Strike: I played bad and got battered. Had to play on loner sticks due to it being on ps2, and felt uncomfortable on the game as a whole, didn't get the warm up's I needed. Landed some nice setups, but my parrying was well off.

Tekken: Stayed in bed.

MvC3: looks a lot better in real life, still looks weird close up,
    Chris red fiel: ****ed up jump arc, mine trap, has a shotty.
    Chun: plays more or less how you would expect, very easy to pick up
    Morrigan, lacks dive kick, feels slower than i would like, still good
    Felicia, easily the best character in my opinion
    Doom, great assist for felicia
    Ryu standard
    Cap , Shield slice is boomarangy, which has good combo potential
    Trish, plays very good, great assist
    Dante: fun

The game itself is quite confusing at first, button set up:
    Light Attack   Medium Attack  Hard Attack
    Laucher         Assist 1            Assist2

Swap is done by holding assist.
    Advancing guard is done my mashing attack while in block stun
    X factor is press all three attacks + launcher together

To get out of multiple (air) super combos press assist plus the direct the opponent chose at the time they initiate it.

It feels nothing like MvC2

Wembley is a ****hole, so is harrow.
    Too much fried chicken, not enough pubs.
    English money is stupid.
    Rubicon is a revelation
    Kayane looks like her SCIV character
    Daigo skipped out on playing me (ok he wanted to rematched evans)

Only vid of me afaik:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZQ963yDbys

I'm out, post done.

Advertisement