Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SVB Updates Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Great trip, was great to see us represent so strongly. Was brilliant fun and really happy that we managed top 16 in every game we entered (except Blazblue, shape up you slackers). Disappointed that nobody managed to top 8, though I have really high hopes for next year and for other events in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Good laugh over all.

Came 3rd in my group.
    I used Viper, beat a Balrog and Fei Long who both were decent enough players (The Balrog was a little fresh to the Viper Matchup to be honest). Blag beat me clean with Bison as expected and then Evan's took it from me in the last round of the last match when I foolishly gave away a huge life lead and certain victory. Was pleased with how it went nonetheless. Did a lot better than Cannes even with a tougher group so I can be happy with that being that :)

Best match of the tourney was Yota the 15 year old Dhalsim player vs Evans in Top 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

My sentiments

-tournament was really badly organised, groups called in pairs of 7 or so , with around 6O groups in total. I got put in with AAA Kayne cause of my Anti-Girl name, group 53, by the time my group was called, it was close to 1Opm, everyone had been there since NINE am. It was terrible. If i wasnt chun i probably would have won, with no patience and lack of practice against cross up ****ty blankas, i didnt do well and i didnt have a tough group at all.

-3S, first match, first game, same day i got matched up against Ryan Hart, he was rusty, he went into training with ken before the match to test his lk lp lk ken super combo. Had i practiced, i could have easily knocked him out. As would have the other people in my group
    There were some tough competitors but if i had kept this game up, with chunli, i would have had a good shot against everyone but the french, seeing as i didnt have trouble with alot of players i used to play back in the day. Saying that the 3s crowd looked pretty demented, with weird looking sticks. Mutants from futurama.

-Blazblue = lol

Ry nearly knocked evans out [around 3pixel of health left] , final round, final match of the set.

Also if you want your photo taken with daigo, dont have him waiting while you chat to some one else, its really disrespectful for him and the person helping you take the photo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Placebo wrote: »
    Also if you want your photo taken with daigo, dont have him waiting while you chat to some one else, its really disrespectful for him and the person helping you take the photo :rolleyes:

Because being mannerly and responding to someone who calls your name is sooo terrible right :rolleyes:

take your pick. it's the same thing either way

How about, "hold on there, il be back in a second"

and speaking of manners
    how about "i dont wish to participate in my group, even though i have signed up for it"
    or having the manners to say sorry to the guy who actually had the guts to confront you and explain why it was wrong.

so not the 'same thing either way', in the end :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

How about, "hold on there, il be back in a second"

and speaking of manners
    how about "i dont wish to participate in my group, even though i have signed up for it"
    or having the manners to say sorry to the guy who actually had the guts to confront you and explain why it was wrong.

so not the 'same thing either way', in the end :rolleyes:

I don't know what you mean by the first part?

i didn't sign for that group

emm I did say sorry to him? :S

how does it have anything to do with the daigo pic, resorting to unrelating arguments ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    (except Blazblue, shape up you slackers)
    We can't all be given totally free groups in our games! ;)

I do think I should've done better though. I almost always brought the people from top 8 to the final round (except for busting HR up with my Ragna!) that I played in casuals so I really think I should've played smarter and qualified. My bad for making dumb decisions and cocking up my execution.

Don't worry though, next year I'll be on that stage talking about how Ireland is a bunch of scrubs! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I feel a grudge match coming up

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Bush80 wrote: »
    I feel a grudge match coming up

FT10 Farz vs Ramza. Maybe 5 in 3S 5 in SSF4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

FT10 Jojos Bizarre Adventure.

Get Hype?

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »
    I don't know what you mean by the first part?

i didn't sign for that group

emm I did say sorry to him? :S

how does it have anything to do with the daigo pic, resorting to unrelating arguments ftw

First part = tell the other guy to wait a second so you can get your picture taken with your hero.

You didnt say sorry to him and its not unrelated considering we are talking about manners. Its more etiquette than manners, but whatever.

Farz clearly you have a hearing problem or maybe had a lapse when I was talking to that guy, you were standing right beside me! Here's how it went anyway, roughly

Guy : Next time you want to forfeit or leave a group at least tell someone beforehand because it caused a lot of problems, there was delays in getting the group sorted

Me : Yeah, I'M SORRY about that man, I had to go and do something and I know I should of told someone. Won't happen again

I also said I had nothing to say in my defense :D

The fact you slate Daigo as my hero is further lolzworthy, Daigo's just a guy who is well known, he's not my hero. Same as Pedram(guy who wanted me). He's just a guy. My attention was needed in both places at once. What do you want me to do? I was only 5 seconds anyway. You're really making a big deal about something which isn't

tell the other guy to wait a second so you can get your picture taken with your hero = tell Daigo to wait a second so I can talk to someone who requires my attention

where's the middle ground here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

God lads, leave it be!

animaX wrote: »
    God Farz, leave it be!

FYP :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

GENTLEMEN!!!

There is to be NO FIGHTING in the fighting games forum!

Ramza wrote: »
    Farz clearly you have a hearing problem or maybe had a lapse when I was talking to that guy, you were standing right beside me! Here's how it went anyway, roughly

Guy : Next time you want to forfeit or leave a group at least tell someone beforehand because it caused a lot of problems, there was delays in getting the group sorted

Me : Yeah, I'M SORRY about that man, I had to go and do something and I know I should of told someone. Won't happen again

I also said I had nothing to say in my defense :D

The fact you slate Daigo as my hero is further lolzworthy, Daigo's just a guy who is well known, he's not my hero. Same as Pedram(guy who wanted me). He's just a guy. My attention was needed in both places at once. What do you want me to do? I was only 5 seconds anyway. You're really making a big deal about something which isn't

tell the other guy to wait a second so you can get your picture taken with your hero = tell Daigo to wait a second so I can talk to someone who requires my attention

where's the middle ground here

Hearing problems ? perhaps staying at home so much is affecting your etiquettes. The guy himself didnt hear you, which is why he stood there explaining again and again, not to mention you turned your back on him pretty much soon after trailing off. But thats not my business, just something i noticed which was again evident when you wanted your photo taken.
    Daigo to wait a second so I can talk to someone who requires my attention

You are actually so annoying, you never get anyones point on here and rave on about your own, do you read my posts properly? my whole problem with you is that you made daigo wait when it was your idea to get your photo taken.
    Why the **** will daigo wait for you, did he want his photo taken with you? There is NO MIDDLE GROUND !
    I have an agenda with this because i mentioned this to you in person straight after and you raised your finger at me and said why dont you suck his cock?

Was it me that wanted my photo taken on day one and on the last day ?
    Cant believe i had to PIN POINT facts to you here. Done with this, just be more aware in the future.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Lads seriously drop this crap now, no one wants to read this ballooney. If you have an issue with each other sort it out off the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I think we should get Daigo in to sort this out.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Azza wrote: »
    . If you have an issue with each other sort it out off the forums.

The moderator has spoken and his word is final.
    Real life bare knuckle punch up after Inferno so.Lets see if ya can put these 1 frame links into practical life use boys.
    If not just run away till the time runs out.Every ones a winner:)
    FIGHt FIGHt FIGHT...

Hearing problems ? perhaps staying at home so much is affecting your etiquettes. The guy himself didnt hear you, which is why he stood there explaining again and again, not to mention you turned your back on him pretty much soon after trailing off. But thats not my business, just something i noticed which was again evident when you wanted your photo taken.

You are actually so annoying, you never get anyones point on here and rave on about your own, do you read my posts properly? my whole problem with you is that you made daigo wait when it was your idea to get your photo taken.
    Why the **** will daigo wait for you, did he want his photo taken with you? There is NO MIDDLE GROUND !
    I have an agenda with this because i mentioned this to you in person straight after and you raised your finger at me and said why dont you suck his cock?

Was it me that wanted my photo taken on day one and on the last day ?
    Cant believe i had to PIN POINT facts to you here. Done with this, just be more aware in the future.

what do you mean he didn't hear me lool. he ****ing heard me proper. i said i was sorry and he went on his way. he didn't explain again and again. i didn't turn my back on him ffs. i don't know what you mean by staying at home or w/e but sounds like unrelating points being brought up yet again :rolleyes:

yeah i never get anyone's points. i'm a terrible one sided debater/arguer. loling
    i rave about my own points ya. what's this thread about again? :rolleyes:

i honestly doubt daigo gave a **** he had to wait for 5 seconds, nor would pedram for that matter. if it was the other way around would you be calling me bad mannered for not responding to pedram? no you wouldn't. so what the **** is your argument

the way you reacted was very bad manner imo, you're language was very offensive. i did not raise my finger to you, if you mean flip you off? wtf. i just said if you care so much why not go suck his cock then. cause i don't think anyone else really gives a **** about this stupid argument over basically nothing, which was created and brought up by YOU

i thought getting a photo would be cool but no biggy if not, which is why when i was right next to him on last day i thought it would be handy. but of course my terrible code of conduct and bad etiquette led me astray as someone had been so kind as to request my attention elsewhere(RIGHT NEXT TO YOU GUYS), i just had to be a dickhead and respond to him nicely, making the conversation brief as I knew I had other priorities.

checkmate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Azza wrote: »
    Lads seriously drop this crap now, no one wants to read this ballooney. If you have an issue with each other sort it out off the forums.

I dunno Azza... I'm getting quite the read out of this :D

Azza's right guys. Leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Two mod posts without any bolding.

Standards are slipping around here :p

Two mod posts without any bolding.

Standards are slipping around here :p

It's a suggestion, not a rule. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hakf

SvB 5v5 - there some vids of Cobel and Newtype, sweet quality

Enjoy :D

I was quite curious to see what WGC looked like, but the video log really didnt show case it so i wanted to take pictures to capture a bit of atmosphere

heres the venue
    1a.jpg
    click for bigger
    2.jpg
    casual spots only getting such a crowd when daigo decides to play
    3.jpg
    daigo playing that 13? year old, beside luffys gf
    5.jpg
    one of the arcades in london
    4.jpg
    daigo making the records

lots more to come

you didn't have to come get me as i was just finished anyway. let's drop it now because it's silly

great pics farz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

ENOUGH.

Seriously.

If you want to argue with each other, not here, ok?

• Advertisement

love how you removed my reply, which in no way breached forum conduct

epic

Advertisement