Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SVB Updates Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I hear it alot about Wong, people dislike him because he doesn't play casual in his scene anymore, and they feel not having him around as such a good intelligent player is a big detriment to their scene.

That is really stupid, yes it sounds like what Im saying is: "what a jerk, he should be telling everyone how to beat him" but hows the scene meant to evolve and grow if players just hide all their knowledge to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I think being willing to help out people in your scene and being willing to up the game of your number 1 rival in a national tournament are kind of different.

Every scene is a kind of proving ground for the next level up.

Messing around with friends would help in XGC casuals.

Casuals are great practice for Infernos.

And as much as I'd love to place highly at Inferno, I'd still be willing to tell anyone anything I know about my character (which isn't much :o), because Inferno's just the proving ground for stuff like SVB, WGC and Evo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

GorySnake wrote: »
    That is really stupid, yes it sounds like what Im saying is: "what a jerk, he should be telling everyone how to beat him" but hows the scene meant to evolve and grow if players just hide all their knowledge to themselves.

Yeah tis kinda a catch 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i would not take ryans word as the gossipal,
    Louffy is one of the best players in france, he gave daigo run for his money in WGC, i dont think there was 'scared', everyone was going home after svb ended, infact louffy was infront of us as we were walking home shortly after.

If anything he probably didnt want to play Ryan as knowing Ryan he would claim he bet him in casuals after the finals so he just got lucky in the finals

over 3OO players and louffy reaches the finals, credit where credits due.
    he destroyed Ryans ryu. No number of casuals before the Final would have helped him there

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Placebo wrote: »
    he gave daigo run for his money in WGC

Is that the same occasion where Luffy beat Daigo, Daigo spent 30 minutes in training mode with a friend playing as Rose, Luffy couldnt get a round on Daigo?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure about that, i wasnt at WGC, im just going by the finals
    where luffy won a set.

3O min of practice and reading frame data [does he carry a book] isnt enough to beat anyone tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Is that the same occasion where Luffy beat Daigo, Daigo spent 30 minutes in training mode with a friend playing as Rose, Luffy couldnt get a round on Daigo?

Yes.

It helped that his friend was Fuudo. Another great Ryu that knew the match. Also don't forget the frame data book.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

There was never any time spent in training mode, there was around 5-10 minutes before Fuudo had to play Rose and Daigo/Fuudo ONLY used the fame data book, we were sitting right next to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

blag wrote: »
    There was never any time spent in training mode, there was around 5-10 minutes before Fuudo had to play Rose and Daigo/Fuudo ONLY used the fame data book, we were sitting right next to them.
    That's nuts how people can do that and turn a game around.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Sairus wrote: »
    That's nuts how people can do that and turn a game around.

Just shows just how strong the Japanese players are to be able to implement that data so quickly and efficiently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

See now, that's EXACTLY what I try to do at casuals, or online, and hell, I did in the NI tourney too (post match, of course =3)

I WANT other people to get better than me. Then I try to get better than them, and then again, them better than me.:cool:
    Unfortunately, I don't know every character very well, so Joe's better at telling people how to beat me than I am...*:D

(Disclaimer; If I'm salty, I am the biggest jerk ever, even if I tell you how to beat me*:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's why I had such good matches at Inferno 11 -- had to remind all those Zangief players that their SPD gets beaten clean by Abel's TT.

BUT.
    I now need anti-Dhalsim Kirby advice.
    I know the match-up is in Abel's favour.
    I've just forgotten WHY.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail...

Ryan Hart v. Louffy=EPIC FAIL

That'd be like George Foreman complaining about Muhammad Ali use of the rope-a-dope tactics in the 'Rumble in the Jungle'...

Foreman: "Boo hoo! Ali never told me that he was going to absorb my punishment and punch me back when I'm knackered....Boo-hoo! Wah Wah! Incidently I've got some really decent bargains on the latest range of lean-mean, low-fat grillin' machines....."

Secret tactics and subterfuge have been a part of games/sport since prehistory.

If I fight against Ryu, I fight a certain way, if I fight against Rose, I fight a certain way, if I fight against Zangief......etc. etc.

animaX wrote: »
    If I fight against Ryu,.

I dive kick

If I fight against Rose,.

I dive kick

If I fight against Zangief.

I dive kick

I just cant stop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

If i fight against farzad

I win ;)

If i fight against farzad

I win ;)

He prob bet you one time though, has it saved on his hard drive and will make a nice film out of it some day. :P

brian, I have bet you several times.
    Last time we played offline too, before last xgc inferno started

but alas none of you are a match for my pakistani cammy anymore

arvoir spammers.

Placebo wrote: »
    brian, I have bet you several times.
    Last time we played offline too, before last xgc inferno started

but alas none of you are a match for my pakistani cammy anymore

arvoir spammers.

Once again, I am amazed you actually remember all the times you've managed to beat me, I must represent some hill for you to climb there :D

ofcourse

after all, you have placed top 8 in all infernos

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It's why I had such good matches at Inferno 11 -- had to remind all those Zangief players that their SPD gets beaten clean by Abel's TT.

BUT.
    I now need anti-Dhalsim Kirby advice.
    I know the match-up is in Abel's favour.
    I've just forgotten WHY.

It's not that hard.

Learn to focus limbs on the way in. They are very slow and you can dash twice and gain about half the screen in 1 second. Dhalsim is very vulnerable to focus happy people. Have to spam quick limbs like standing short and crouching jab to stop people doing it and waste EX metre but by then you are in front of me which is where you want to be.

Oh, and don't roll into me every chance you get. If you do it every time I'm waiting for it with throw or EX flame.

I've been practicing other characters for the next inferno anyway. I'll still use sim, but if i'm getting beasted I have a couple more options this time round. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

More Cammy for Abel to smack around.

Also cool Kirby, now I know what to record in training mode. :)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    More Cammy for Abel to smack around.

Indeed, if he's not joking, it was a great choice to make. None of us have any match up experience with a top quality Cammy...

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Everybody shut up, you're all stupid. Stupid people shut up. SVB DRAMA TIME!

http://www.neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?p=300034#post300034

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

lol that was my group.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

chunkis,

nope not at all , he didn't pay to enter any tourni...

as far as i know , he didn't have any permision for entry the tourni, since he didn't pay.
    but apprently, he lied to the judge who was running the group at the time,
    said that he is in... & the judge didn't confirm with the organizer....

So inti have to cancel everything that he invlove.

But i am pretty sure this is not going to happen anymore,
    since i am quite sure he will ban for entry any form of NE tourni.

:eek: Any of this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Just read through this entire thread now, wow what a bumpy ride that was lol. But over all very amusing.

Wish I had been there lads. Sounds like it was great craic, drama and all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I do know chunkis didn't ask to be in my group.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, the judge of my group thought he was in mine at first (which chunkis had nothing to do with personally, he was off playing 3s).

Honestly I'm not clear on what happened, and I was there. I don't think it's too great an idea to speculate based on SRK comments if you weren't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Honestly I'm not clear on what happened, and I was there. I don't think it's too great an idea to speculate based on SRK comments if you weren't there.
    SVB the new 'Nam......

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

We got another my lai massacre

Advertisement