Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible penalty kick at Kilbeggan tonight

Options
  • 20-08-2010 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Superceed - 7:40 Kilbeggan Loughnagore Handicap Chase 3m1f

Gordon Elliots charge was a very comfortable winner at Tramore over 2m 6f last week, a proverbial hands and heels ride by Paul Carberry who sat Superceed near the back for the first half of the race before gradually moving into contention for the last 2 jumps taking the lead over the last and without making a move just easing away from Oscar Glory to win by three lengths. Third placed Dream Honours re-opposes tonight.

The handicapper has taken note and whacked 13lbs on top.

Superceed goes beyond 3 miles for the first time but is a winner at 24f and with so much clearly in hand should be hard to beat. 2.75 win with PP, if you fancy a belt and braces approach the 4 places insured bet is 1.72

My only concern at this point would be that Superceeds best runs have been on good to firm/firm and the rain over the last 24 hours will have softened up the going a bit. If the betfair market likes the favourite before the off then I'd get on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

mike65 wrote: »
    Superceed - 7:40 Kilbeggan Loughnagore Handicap Chase 3m1f

Gordon Elliots charge was a very comfortable winner at Tramore over 2m 6f last week, a proverbial hands and heels ride by Paul Carberry who sat Superceed near the back for the first half of the race before gradually moving into contention for the last 2 jumps taking the lead over the last and without making a move just easing away from Oscar Glory to win by three lengths. Third placed Dream Honours re-opposes tonight.

The handicapper has taken note and whacked 13lbs on top.

Superceed goes beyond 3 miles for the first time but is a winner at 24f and with so much clearly in hand should be hard to beat. 2.75 win with PP, if you fancy a belt and braces approach the 4 places insured bet is 1.72

My only concern at this point would be that Superceeds best runs have been on good to firm/firm and the rain over the last 24 hours will have softened up the going a bit. If the betfair market likes the favourite before the off then I'd get on.

would you recommend going for him now,,do you know if there is money coming form betfair..
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can't tell, I use www.timeform.com/free to monitor betfair and there is no Kilbeggan market. Dunno why. The price on PP is unchanged from this morning and nothing else has shortened. Superceed is easily the most backed in the 7.50 according to RP

Only three places now so 1.90 for the insured bet.

I'd leave it until just before the off if I were you.

10 mins till off,,,what do you make of it..

will you back it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Thanks Mike

I threw it in(insure bet 3 places 10/11) with Bayern to win(& Muller score) at 2/1

mike65 wrote: »

lol ..... you could use the same summery for his next race(just change the horse names of course ;) ) I watched it and it was basically the same, sit back and push on when getting near end to run past the rest like they're standing still

C'Mon Bayern & Muller now :D

edit - Muller just scored the opening goal 1-0 :)

• Advertisement

took it,
    sound for that,i defo owe you a drink some time,

also got onto 1 of the fellas who would have a great interest in the horse racing,
    he said he already backed him,that was more than good enough for me
    ive made the bones of 450 from your double penalty kicks...

unfortuately boards was acting up again and i was not able to log the bet.

€100 @9/4,,,,,god i love when they drift and still win..

Cheers chaps glad it worked out. Only one bad day so far at this lark, so it could be the way forward, rather than scratching about looking for "wrong priced" long shots that hardly ever win.

edit - the one flop was on the flat, I have always felt better about backing short priced fav over timber. The form holds definitely holds better.

1 flop?

Only day I remember it not working out was a non runner and a 2nd place.....Is that how high you set your standards Mike, that this is a flop? :D

Well at the odds these horse go off at 2nd is nowhere! :D

did you have much on yourself mike,hate to think im the only1 benefiting,:pac:

• Advertisement

Nah I only play for small stakes - 10 euro, feel free to bung me a 50! :p

What I want to do is roll up the return and see I can get to say 500 and then start again with a larger initial stake.

have you paypal and i will..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

great spot mike
    i was looking out for this horse after its last win but
    i didnt have time to go gambling on friday and missed it.

i couldnt believe the sp :(

Advertisement