Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time would you have to be there to park a car?

Options
  • 20-08-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be starting next month and I always hear about the nightmare parking situation in UCD and that you have to be there early to get a space. I live far away, too far to walk or cycle. No direct buses so would have to get another (not a reliable one at all) or a lift just to link with one that goes to the campus. What time is early? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

absolutely no later than 8.30 if you're in for an early lecture/tutorial, although sometimes it's better to get in earlier than that. If you're in for an afternoon lecture set yourself aside at least 30-40 mins to locate a parking space - and still you may not get one. There can be parking in the pay and display areas if you're only in for an hour or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

OSI wrote: »
    Depends what end of the campus you come in. If you come in the Clonskeagh entrance then it's quite normal to find parking up till 9:30-10:00...

I would recommend that you do get in before 9 though OP. Especially for the start of term.

In the past I would of been of the same opinion... but last year threw me! You may get parking at half 9. But odds are you wont. And if you get it at ten, its usually just luck. Someone leaving, you happen to be there at right moment etc...

Realistically aim to be there before 9 if the clonskeagh side, half 8 or earlier if the N11 side

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

I park near the clonskeagh enterance and would be lucky to get a space the mornings i went in late (9.15) you really got to be in by 8.45 at the LATEST to get a spot!
    Oh the joys of UCD parking, boo!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I always leave home at 7:20 to be in for 8:20ish. I use the clonskeagh entrance and park behind the church. It fills up very quickly after that and i wouldn't dream of getting in for after 9.

Advertisement