Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House sharing - found bag of herbs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

While this is logical and does make sense it's not always as simple as that. For example, if there was a fire the firemen would be out. If they were to see something suspicious they would inform the gardai. This happened to someone I know.
    I suppose it's possible, but you'd have to be seriously unlucky.

Tl;dr: OP has nothing to worry about, housemate should be more careful with stash.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

and the gardaí are going to arrest everyone in the house for a 50bag? lol, you lot are so paranoid you must be smoking it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

In fairness i'd rather live with a stoner, than a drinker!

That would depend if I had a bunch of booze or delicious snack treats in the house.

just **** it in the bin...

Do not do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭mkahnisbent

Samba wrote: »
    IF you found a mess of it on the kitchen table and IF you found a weighing scales and IF you found individual bags and IF it actually was a big bag.

You might actually have some cause for concern, but IF you actually read the post properly you would see that a small bag was found.

No Gardai are going to be raiding any house on suspicion of personal use.

I did read the post. It seems you don't understand the law.

IF the gardai raided the house (for whatever reasons) the OP would be arrested.

Here is the law:

MISUSE OF DRUGS ACT, 1977

19.—(1) A person who is the occupier or is in control or is concerned in the management of any land, vehicle or vessel and who knowingly permits or suffers any of the following to take place on the land, vehicle or vessel, namely—

( c ) the preparation of cannabis for smoking,

shall be guilty of an offence.

You don't have to apologise; I accept I am simply smarter than you.

• Advertisement

You don't have to apologise; I accept I am simply smarter than you.

shame you've no real life cop on though. The Gardaí arent interested in a 50 bag.

zuroph wrote: »
    shame you've no real life cop on though. The Gardaí arent interested in a 50 bag.

If you worked where I work you would know that isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

And you can quote all the laws on illegal downloads too but it doesn't mean you're going to jail for downloading the latest Arcade Fire album.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    And you can quote all the laws on illegal downloads too but it doesn't mean you're going to jail for downloading the latest Arcade Fire album.

I never said the OP would go to jail. I said he would get arrested. I'm sure you're a hard man and you don't care about that sort of thing, but most people do.

As stated, I personally have no issue with people who smoke marijuana. I am simply giving the OP an intelligent and accurate answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

It's probably just oregano. Go make a lasagne with it or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I never said the OP would go to jail. I said he would get arrested.

Unless the amount is enough to supply, the Gardaí will not be interested in processing the arrest paperwork.

You are simply incorrect (as has already been pointed out at least once previously). Please accept this and move on.

FruitLover wrote: »
    Unless the amount is enough to supply, the Gardaí will not be interested in processing the arrest paperwork. You are simply incorrect (as has already been pointed out at least once previously). Please accept this and move on.

What are you basing this on?

My comments are based on first hand knowledge. It's not an opinion. It's something I have seen numerous times.

There are risks when you associate with people who leave bags of cannabis around shared property. Saying otherwise is incorrect and frankly irresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

jesus, all the smoking-pro-dope people must have smelled this thread..:Ddon't you have an own forum with your questions, opinions, statements..seems to be boring there...:D

maybe we wait until the OP comes back, as he's not very clear with the given information to help him:
    so why you're worried, do you feel threatened by the people who smoke the stuff?
    or are you worried you might get involved, arrested??
    and finally and kind of important, are you sure it's dope/drugs you found on the table? would clear that first before you start to worry:)

What are you basing this on?

My comments are based on first hand knowledge. It's not an opinion. It's something I have seen numerous times.

There are risks when you associate with people who leave bags of cannabis around shared property. Saying otherwise is incorrect and frankly irresponsible.

so honestly, with 4 seperate lodgers in a house, the gardaí bust in for whatever reason, and find a half used 50 bag, they're cuffing and bringing every person down to the station??

shenanigans.

I
    As stated, I personally have no issue with people who smoke marijuana. I am simply giving the OP an intelligent and accurate answer.
    You're scaring them unnecessarily is what you're doing.

This would all make sense if you OP had uncovered a mid-sized meth lab, but all that's happened is they've found a baggie with enough for a few bloody spliffs.

This is a farce.

OP is female.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

Dermot Ahern speaking:
    Snakeblood wrote: »
    The person who smokes the pot is the one who is breaking the law

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I never said the OP would go to jail. I said he would get arrested. I'm sure you're a hard man and you don't care about that sort of thing, but most people do.

Do ya know what.......sometimes it's good to have a debate on differing opinions. But other times it's best not to bother. It's like banging your head against the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Do not do this.
    :D LOL pissed myself

just give it back and have a few smokes with him..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

PM me your details.
    I will provide you with an address where you can post the package, which will be tested for Illegal substances.

Depending on whether the herb is any good or not, I'll ask you to send any further findings to the address, provided they are identical or at least simalar to the real thing previous deliveries.

From a concerned Public Service provider etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭troops

Hi

Unsure if this is the correct forum for this so apologies if it needs to be moved.

I recently moved in with new housemates. I knew one of them smoked but never in the house. I found a small bag of 'herbs' on the kitchen counter this morning. I've never had any contact with this kind of thing before and I'm very very worried. I don't even know what it is

I'm just not sure what to do? Should I say something and if so what? Or is it just none of my business?

All advice is appreciated.

Thanks

is this a p*sstake? op if it's not grow up. what age are you? 12. this is life

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭silverwatch

and the gardaí are going to arrest everyone in the house for a 50bag? lol, you lot are so paranoid you must be smoking it yourself.

Monderator

You do know that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. If I knew enough about it I would not have asked the question. When you are raised respectably, you don't know a whole lot about these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Monderator

You do know that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. If I knew enough about it I would not have asked the question. When you are raised respectably, you don't know a whole lot about these things.

I beg to differ. Of course things may have changed in the last 15 years or so (yeah right!).

I was raised extremely respectably. Went to a private school and all. I grew up with a generally good respect for other people and the law, but I certainly knew plenty about lots of drugs. I knew enough to realise which drugs I could play around with and which should definitely be avoided. I chose when to stop playing around with drugs at all too. I can vouch massively for the fact that cannabis is not a gateway drug unless you are an idiot.

I think what you mean OP is that you were raised very naively. I also knew a lot of other people that were raised very respectably who also knew the same things I knew, so it wasn't just me. Some of them may not always have been quite as sensible as me about drugs either, but I don't know of any one of them came to any harm through it.

Seriously, don't worry about it at all, just pretend you didn't see it, if it happens again, maybe say you would appreciate it if they were more careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Do not do this.

why not? Seems like the most sensible option to me.

why not? Seems like the most sensible option to me.
    Would you appreaciate it if your housemate threw a pair of your jeans in the fire, or poured a crate of your beer down the sink?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Folks, can we keep this thread about what the OP should do and keep it legal?

Many people are uncomfortable with recreational drugs and shouldn't have to deal with them in their own home if they don't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Victor wrote: »
    Folks, can we keep this thread about what the OP should do and keep it legal?

Many people are uncomfortable with recreational drugs and shouldn't have to deal with them in their own home if they don't want to.
    It's only their own home if they are not sharing it with other people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Snakeblood wrote: »
    The person who smokes the pot is the one who is breaking the law.

I couldn't give a crap if people smoke or not, but you're not amazing for doing it. It's a gateway drug to Pink Floyd and self righteousness.

I think If the guards enter the house(for what ever reason) and find a bit of hash then they could arrest any of the owners for 'allowing' it

op what your flatemate does is his business but he shouldn't leave anything lying around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's only their own home if they are not sharing it with other people

I think you are wrong and most people will disagree with you.

Just becuase one doesn't own the property doesn't mean it isn't their home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement