Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House sharing - found bag of herbs

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭mkahnisbent

Bob Z wrote: »
    You can't guarantee that. I already made a post earlier about someone being arrested for sharing a house with someone who had hash on them which according to some people on this thread is impossible

They are convinced their own anecdotal evidence applies to everyone, and as a result are offering quite dangerous advice.

No doubt they also think I am anti-cannabis simply because I am stating the law and risks.

zuroph wrote: »
    So you are still unemployed?

No, thank god.

this is hearsay from the Dubliner magazine. its not a operations manual for the gardaí

By all means provide evidence the Gardai in every county have the exact same attitude towards cannabis possession.

EDIT: nevermind, I'm bored of arguing with you. OP has made a good decision, despite your scaremongering.

Once again I have to state that it is very interesting that you are so bothered by someone who is pointing out the law and risks, yet have no problem with the many people who are posting false information, e.g. that there are no risks whatsoever.

Have you never heard of the phrase, "Don't shoot the messenger"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Once again I have to state that it is very interesting that you are so bothered by someone who is pointing out the law and risks, yet have no problem with the many people who are posting false information, e.g. that there are no risks whatsoever.

Have you never heard of the phrase, "Don't shoot the messenger"?

you find boring stuff interesting so.

I don't see the point in giving the worst case scenario as advice WITHOUT pointing out that is a very very unlikely situation to unfold. It's scaremongering on the equivalent of saying "Don't go in cars, they crash".

• Advertisement

you find boring stuff interesting so.

I don't see the point in giving the worst case scenario as advice WITHOUT pointing out that is a very very unlikely situation to unfold. It's scaremongering on the equivalent of saying "Don't go in cars, they crash".

But we don't know if it is unlikely. She has given us hardly any information, so the most responsible thing to do is present her with the facts and let her make her own decision.

Once again, I find it odd that have you have such an issue with someone who is making no comment on the risks, but have no problem with the people who say there are no risks.

It's scaremongering on the equivalent of saying "Don't go in cars, they crash".

I have not advised the OP to do anything, so I don't know how you can say I am scaremongering.

I am saying "There are car crashes, and here are some statistics". I am not saying don't get in a car.

But we don't know if it is unlikely. She has given us hardly any information, so the most responsible thing to do is present her with the facts and let her make her own decision.

Once again, I find it odd that have you have such an issue with someone who is making no comment on the risks, but have no problem with the people who say there are no risks.

It is unlikely; Odds change based on info yes, but in general, the odds that he is a dealer, that the gardaí are monitoring the house etc. etc. are low.

He found them in the kitchen. Yes, there was a bag of illegal drugs on the kitchen table. If the Gardai raided the flat he would have been arrested.

Your original post. which we are now saying is one of a few possible outcomes of the gardaí raiding the house. Its is not guaranteed that the cops will arrest all residents, as they would then have to prove that the other residents knew of the drugs.

Your original post. which we are now saying is one of a few possible outcomes of the gardaí raiding the house. Its is not guaranteed that the cops will arrest all residents, as they would then have to prove that the other residents knew of the drugs.

It is not guaranteed, but if the Gardai are following the law (which most of them do) the OP would be arrested.

Not sure what point you're trying to make?

• Advertisement

and if a person intent on murdering their housemate burst into the house to kill them, they may kill all the other residents too to avoid witnesses. Perhaps her housemate is a target for murder. chances are low.

I'm out, I'm out, I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭silverwatch

LOL but thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭seensensee

LOL but thanks again

So did you mention it to anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Bob Z wrote: »
    I think If the guards enter the house(for what ever reason) and find a bit of hash then they could arrest any of the owners for 'allowing' it

op what your flatemate does is his business but he shouldn't leave anything lying around

THe OP would definitely be a bit more exposed due to it being in a common area, but 1: It's a small amount and the gardai simply wouldn't be interested in that amount unless there was something else going on 2: Why would the op know what it is.

I'm more of the opinion that the other guy is an idiot for leaving it out, and that sort of douchebaggery can be in other parts of life too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

It is not guaranteed, but if the Gardai are following the law (which most of them do) the OP would be arrested.

Not sure what point you're trying to make?

I'm not saying you are slow. I reckon you might just be a bit simple, and very naive. But to think that somebody would be arrested for having some weed in their house is strange

While it is good for people like you to exist in reality, to debate with the more commonly sensed amongst us, you need to realise that your thinking and believes are stranger than fiction...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

This can be solved pretty quickly just move this thread to the emergency services forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I'm out, I'm out, I'm out.

I dont blame you, its like theres a whole section of the population of this country that live in some magic make-believe world.

OP, you made the right decision. Ask the fella if the bag is weed, and if he says it is tell him its bad form to leave it lying around the house. Job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

depending on the guards if theyre grand theyll just confiscate it or if theyre pricks theyll arrest you and bring ya down to the station.prob was a slow week for them and they needed to get their monthly numbers up. theyll send ya a summons for court for possesion of hash.happened to me.i was given the choice by the judge whether id like a convinction or to pay a fine.i took the fine. had no problem travelling around since.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I refer you to my previous post about what happens in Cavan...

"In Cavan, meanwhile, they regularly set up roadblocks to snare law-breaking gig-goers making their way south by bus. The wrong-doers can then expect to be taken to the police station, strip-searched and jailed, before being dragged before the district court; the judge may hand down stinging fines and a permanent criminal record."

The article reads like they where doing people for international drug trafficking. Anyone crossing a border with illegal drugs on them will get the full works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Skr4wny

When you are raised respectably, you don't know a whole lot about these things.

Hahaha.

Good Catholic upbringing where the only drugs consumed were legal and taxable?

ebixa82 wrote: »
    It will be the same everywhere...cops have way more important things to be dealing with than prosecuting people for personal consumption of hash. Get a grip lads..

Anyone smoking hash in this day and age should be arrested. Keep it green to ensure it's clean!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

Larry Murphy smoked 2 hash once...........

read into that what you will

brianc27 wrote: »
    Larry Murphy smoked 2 hash once...........

read into that what you will

I think you should call the NOTW, they will read into it for you and print and article where all the IMPORTANT words are highlighted so you can tell at what point in the article you should be more suitably outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

This thread is an embarrassment to this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I asked for constructive posts.

Infractions and warnings handed out. zuroph and mkahnisbent banned for a week.

Thread closed. OP feel free to start another thread if you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement