Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragus Piercing and Lonford Piercers????

Options
  • 20-08-2010 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Ok so I'm going to sound like a noob about this,but I don't know much about piercings so no slagging please.

No. 1:I'm thinking of getting my tragus pierced and just really want to know all there is to know about it.Basically the risks involved if any?I've been told rumours by people that if it gets infected you could go deaf or they'll have to surgically remove your tragus.Frankly I'm sick of those people just trying to rise me,thats why I came here to get the Gods honest truth.

As for aftercare and healing,what's the do's and don'ts,and how long does it take to fully heal?

Also I'm thinking of getting my lobe done the same day on the same ear.Is this a good or bad idea or possibly just personal preference?

No.2:I'm thinking of going to the piercing place in Longford as I heard it was a very reputable place.(Would anyone care to back that statement up?).I checked their facebook page and noticed it's run by someone who used to work in Zulu.I know that Zulu has a very good reputation so I'm hoping that this place does aswell.

Thanks for all the help in advance and for not slagging me..............hopefully :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

OmG N00b lol!11!

Ah we've all been in the same position at one stage or another. No need to worry about not knowing something :)

Nothing much to it really, it's a simple enough piercing. Never heard of anyone going deaf from it or having to have it surgically removed so don't worry about that at all. Aftercare is straightforward sea salt soaks but your piercer will explain everything about that to you. Do follow the aftercare to the letter. Don't be touching/playing with it with dirty hands (or clean ones as much as possible :P), change the jewellery before it's healed and try not to wear earphones while it's healing. It's a cartilage piercing so max healing time would be 14 months, but that's in extreme cases. Everyone is different though so can't really give an exact time. Getting your lobe done the same time should be ok because it's such a simple piercing.

No idea about the place you're thinking of going to so can't help you there I'm afraid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

hello! I got my tragus pierced last october and to be honest the healing is a bit of a pain in the arse because it takes long enough to heal up to a year but mine was pain free after about two months i think, the aftercare is grand just clean it with salty water twice a day. mine got infected and I just used a cream called fucidin and it cleared it up quick enough and i didnt go deaf anyway ha. its worht it thought since i think it looks very nice. best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

hello! I got my tragus pierced last october and to be honest the healing is a bit of a pain in the arse because it takes long enough to heal up to a year but mine was pain free after about two months i think, the aftercare is grand just clean it with salty water twice a day. mine got infected and I just used a cream called fucidin and it cleared it up quick enough and i didnt go deaf anyway ha. its worht it thought since i think it looks very nice. best of luck with it!

It's bad the name of that cream made me laugh isn't it?:o

Advertisement