Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New hero update

• 20-08-2010 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

I just downloaded a new update for my hero OTA. Does anyone know what changes are in it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

I also got the update today - just a few minutes ago. (Version : 3.32.405.2 )

While it was downloading and applying the update I did a few searches and discovered that a lot of others are also having difficulty establishing what exactly is in the update.

A few people mentioned that it fixed the G-Sensor calibration problem (a problem that I was, and remain, blissfully unaware of). Other than that, I've no idea what was in it.

Hopefully it'll fix the problems with Wifi/Mobile that the last update introduced.

Waiting on my phone to reboot ....... <rubs hands>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Oh right... I was hoping for something more spectacular :D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Not sure how many are having an issue the same as myself where certain important widgets are missing from either the home screen or even from the widget list when you go searching (twitter, weather, mail, favourites).

Found a solution here for anyone who needs
    http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/154998-weird-problem-after-third-update.html

it does put your desktop back to the original installed version (any saved desktops will be gone but you do get you widgets back). But it doesn't take long to pop them back in (just remember to resave you desktop once sorted out)

Tis a bit crappy to have to do this for such a small update.

To make use of this new corrected calibtation
    within Settings> Sound & display you can re-cal your device.

It does seem to work better my compass app would never fully calibrate correctly it was always skewed to one side, now seems fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

So i've run this update, and i've now lost the default clock/weather widget thats normally on the 'home' screen. Any ideas how I can get it back? I can't seem to find it under the add widgets menu :/

Edit: Fixed - had to reboot and the widget re-appeared in the widget menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

My Wifi and Mobile widgets seem to work properly now. That is, I don't have to reboot to get them to work.

Other than that I haven't noticed any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Its just a bug fix patch update from HTC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Looks like it has fixed the facebook problem, I can link my contacts to facebook now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Since upgrading to 2.1 my HTC Hero has gone to the dogs...Slow, unresponsive, reboots while opening mail or text messages.

Just downloading the latest update. I hope some of these issues are resolved in this latest update.

neonman wrote: »
    Since upgrading to 2.1 my HTC Hero has gone to the dogs...Slow, unresponsive, reboots while opening mail or text messages.

Just downloading the latest update. I hope some of these issues are resolved in this latest update.

HTC's IT crowd dont fill me with confidence I've had to contact them about several bugs they have introduced to vanilla android and their response's leave a lot to be desired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I haven't experienced any difficulty when moving to 2.1. But the new update has made the phone slightly faster in general.

Only bug I have had is that I get a notification saying my youtube account is not syncing. However, its is!!?

• Advertisement

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I haven't experienced any difficulty when moving to 2.1. But the new update has made the phone slightly faster in general.

Only bug I have had is that I get a notification saying my youtube account is not syncing. However, its is!!?

Sorry I meant bugs encountered when creating apps and running them on HTC devices, when the Hero was on 1.5 they had broken some pretty significant API calls.

2.1 doesn't seem as bad although I have come across one broken API call already.

Advertisement