Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want €5 ?

Options
  • 20-08-2010 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭

Had a lovely cheap lunch in O'Flynn's on Winthrop street. Upon leaving I was approached by a woman asking me to view a Miller (I think) ad. They're showing it above the long valley. I was told that it takes about 15 mins. One views the ad twice, gives feedback and walks away with €5. Don't know if there's free beer as well as I wasn't actually able to do it. She said that they'd be there tomorrow as well.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BarneyMagee

Don't bother. Not worth your while

I did one years ago for Budweiser. They show you an animation or storyboard version of the ad they are showing you and then you have fill out this huge survey.

Did you feel powerful watching the ad?
    Did you feel thirsty?
    On a scale of 1 to 10 how likely are you to want a beer?

On and on and on

and this was just a standard Budweiser ad. Horses running around the desert.

It's really depressing actually. Trying to find out precisely how better to sell people something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I did a similar one a few weeks ago - the survey is grand (clicking through a bunch of boxes....you don't have to read them all) and then a nice crisp fiver. There are worse things you could do in Cork and earn a fiver like :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Me and a friend were once asked for cidona lol

Advertisement