Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding my 360

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Stab*City wrote: »
    But the jungleflasher tuts says to delete the driver and reboot if after reboot the yellow exclamation mark is still there your good to go?

"Upon reboot, verify VIA 6421 still has a Yellow Exclamation Mark in Device Manager
    You have successfully removed VIA drivers from your machine"

Quote from the guide

Trust me, nothing is going to work if Windows can't see the drivers. I think all that means is that once you see the mark, then the drivers have successfully been removed. Just re-install the drivers & try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

You sir are a god darn genius!!! it worked i can now see the drive on the mtk flash 32 tab!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):D:D:D:D:D

now for the next step/stumbling block!!

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you

Why oh why does the jungleflasher guide tell you to uninstall the drivers? if xp needs to see them to connect to the benq!?!

You sir are a god darn genius!!! it worked i can now see the drive on the mtk flash 32 tab!!!! :D:D:D:D:):):):D:D:D:D:D

not for the next step/stumbling block!!

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you

Why oh why does the jungleflasher guide tell you to uninstall the drivers? if xp needs to see them to connect to the benq!?!

Ha I'm no genious, I assure you :P I could be wrong, but maybe it's referring to the Windows drivers that would be automatically installed, and not the VIA ones that you get with the card.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ha I'm no genious, I assure you :P I could be wrong, but maybe it's referring to the Windows drivers that would be automatically installed, and not the VIA ones that you get with the card.

Your right there id say.. bit of an oversight on my part too maybe.. anyway all is working.. all her clothes are back on and she's back in the sitting room again!:D

Thanks to everyone who helped out.. hopefully this thread will help some others.. now time to do my original box.. xmbc here i come! PSP watch out!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Yeh, getting the drive seen is the hard part in my oppinion, the rest is easy!

I've done a Benq, now I need to do some Hitachi's which I've read are a bit more tricky..

Had a RROD box come back alive while I was flashing a different drive with it, wasn't worried about overheating it and when I reset it, got green lights! :D

• Advertisement

Jungleflasher works/works best directly accessing the VIA ports via portio, it especially helps on Liteons when you erase the drive, if the VIA drivers are installed the computer will lock up as it tries to poll an erased drive.

cisk wrote: »
    Jungleflasher works/works best directly accessing the VIA ports via portio, it especially helps on Liteons when you erase the drive, if the VIA drivers are installed the computer will lock up as it tries to poll an erased drive.

Does portio function as an alternative to the VIA drivers? Is that why the tut tells you to uninstall the drivers, and then presumeably point windows to the location of portio as an alternative?

Yes it does, no you leave it in an unistalled state in device manager, Portio directly acceses the port when JF is started. :)

cisk wrote: »
    Yes it does, no you leave it in an unistalled state in device manager, Portio directly acceses the port when JF is started. :)

Ah I see, why didn't JF detect the OP's drive so? Or does portio only self detect for LiteOn's? Just curious...

Hitachis are different, selecting the winapi usually allows better results.

• Advertisement

Modded my friends lite-on tonight.. not too bad the half open tray trick is gas!! i have a question as well.. i have upgraded the FW on my benq as described in this thread.. but now when i try to play my family movies which are .avi and brrip is tells me i need to download the sw update.. please help..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Modded my friends lite-on tonight.. not too bad the half open tray trick is gas!! i have a question as well.. i have upgraded the FW on my benq as described in this thread.. but now when i try to play my family movies which are .avi and brrip is tells me i need to download the sw update.. please help..

I assume its the optional media update you need to download.The only way to do this is to connect to xbox live and download it.Have you updated your firmware to the new LT+?

I assume its the optional media update you need to download.The only way to do this is to connect to xbox live and download it.Have you updated your firmware to the new LT+?

I guess it is the optional update.. but the thing is i used to play my home movies before the flash all the time.. and i think it did download the update but could it be possible it didnt svae it to my machine? do you think its ok to connect now after the flash?

I have only used the firmware i downloaded when i flashed like a month ago.. far as i know its the lastest from that time.. ill doublecheck though after work..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

LT+ is the newest FW it was released a few days ago.i'd recommend updating to that before connecting to live just to be on the safe side,although you should be fine if your just connecting to download the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You should stay off live if you're using CFW :rolleyes:

You should stay off live if you're using CFW :rolleyes:

Ok so is it possible to download just the software update to play avi's? i mean my dash was up to date at time of modding.. could play avi's online no prob now im offline fully i cant.. but my friends which we flashed last night can play the avi's no prob and it aint been online for a long time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Your optional media update has been disabled or corrupted. To be 100% safe, flash back to stock, connect to live and download the OMU by trying to play an AVI file. Once it's down, return to the CFW (LT or LT+) and go offline, you should still be able to play AVI files.

Advertisement