Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National reserve entitlements

• 20-08-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone successfully applied for entitlements from the national reserve?

Got the farm transferred this year along with low value entitlements ,just wondering if I'm able to apply to the reserve for higher value ones?
    I've printed out the helpsheet and application form for the 2010 scheme and I tick nearly all of the boxes for the category B type ones.

I was looking into buying or renting some more land that probably doesn't have any entitlements so just wondering where I stood.

I know similar questions have been asked before and that the scheme isn't until May next year again but would like to be able to have a plan for what land I'll rent in the next few years and anything extra from the cheque in the post would help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

I got them a few years ago. I didn't have any to start with and I was renting the farm until I bought it. I got an entitlement for every hectare i was farming but the amount is low, 265 Euro. they said that that was the average amount in the country ( I couldn't argue as beggars cant be choosers!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

We've applied this year as new entrants. who knows how we'll get on, they came back looking for clarification on one issue and thats all we've heard so far.

The value that they're giving in 2010 is the DED* average, or €5000, whichever is less.

*District Electoral Division, generally your townland, or maybe a few neighbouring townlands, depending on size.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭galwayhillbilly

Any results on national reserve, we tick all the boxes and are applying this year did ye get any?

We're seemingly in a pile on someones desk somewhere.

I'm half considering buying some entitlements, but not sure what the national reserve will do, so cant do anything, what if they give me some entitlements and I buy some, and end up with more than I can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭galwayhillbilly

JohnBoy wrote: »
    We're seemingly in a pile on someones desk somewhere.

Any update? we got asked for further info a few weeks ago so glad to see application is still alive. Would like to know what hoops need to be jumped through before you actually get them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭k mac

I applied a few years ago and no joy.My reps planner told me he never heard of anybody ever getting anything from the national reserve they always come up with some excuse .

Wow, we must be the exception so.

Applied in may 2010 and got them 11.5 months later.

we had a few low value entitlements and got another 11-1200 worth of them.

we only had one request for further info, very early on the required some statement of non paye income. it took a while to find someone in the tax office to write us a letter stating that we didnt have a statement of non paye income (not the correct name for it, but I cant remember) as we didnt have any non paye income.

after that we heard nothing, anytime we rang we were in a pile on someones desk, and stop ringing us. the one day out of the blue we get a lodgement in the farm account!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

I got about 2K from the National Reserve in 2006-7.
    The only further info they wanted at the time was an extra Tax Clearance Cert as the first one expired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

JohnBoy wrote: »
    Wow, we must be the exception so.

Applied in may 2010 and got them 11.5 months later.

we had a few low value entitlements and got another 11-1200 worth of them

Can anyone apply?We have low value entitlements,would it be worth sending in an application and seeing what happens.

There are conditions you have to meet to qualify.

The 2011 application form is here
    http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/formsdownloads/nationalreserve/2011NationalReserveApplicationForm.doc

• Advertisement
Advertisement