Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art results?

• 20-08-2010 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

how'd everyone get on?
    I got an A2, was over the moon, they seemed to mark it quite easy in my opinon, another A in my class, and considering only 1% of LC students get an A in art, its a bit strange?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 calzini

Got a B2 myself and was pretty damn devastated to be honest, got a B1 in the pre :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,798 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

C1 in pass...it was my least favourite subject

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

I got an A2 too, 5 people in my class got A's but there was 30 in my class and the 5 that got it are all very good bar me, I have no idea how I managed to get an A2!!! I was SO surprised and HAPPY:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Niche market

Got a C2 in higher level!!! :D:D

Was feckin delighted considering i barely scraped a D3 in the mocks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

I did honours Art - despite my teacher wanting me to do pass.
    I am crap at Art.
    I took it because it seemed more appealing than history.
    I failed the mocks...badly.

However, I managed to come up with some reasonable drawings - my poster design was good, my still life wasn't bad. My life drawing was beyond ****e.

For the history section...

I wrote about the wrong age for the Irish section.
    I scribbled down a few accurate but messy facts on the European section.
    I did half an appreciation question on the fashion one - drawing my examiner's sandal in a half-arsed away, and running out of steam and not getting it finished.

However...I managed to get a C3 - third highest in my class of 20 or so. How? I don't know. Am I complaining? No. I am ****ing DELIGHTED. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Got a B2, very happy considering how tough it is to do well in art.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I got a B3 highest in my class but i'm getting it appealed anyway. My work was better than a B3 =/. Not trying to sound full of it but i knew exactly where i went wrong in the mocks and pulled up on it for the real thing so just want to see if I can push it up a grade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

_Chaos wrote: »
    how'd everyone get on?
    I got an A2, was over the moon, they seemed to mark it quite easy in my opinon, another A in my class, and considering only 1% of LC students get an A in art, its a bit strange?!

Same as you! I'm still in shock that I got an A2. Totally didn't expect it.
    I agree, I think they marked it easy this year because out of the 14 people in my class, around 6 of them (that I know of ) got an A too. However, they did deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Same as you! I'm still in shock that I got an A2. Totally didn't expect it.
    I agree, I think they marked it easy this year because out of the 14 people in my class, around 6 of them (that I know of ) got an A too. However, they did deserve it.
    The thing about art is though, the practicals can't be marked easy or hard on a general scale. It's all up to the correctors opinion. By the sounds of it, your school got a very lovely corrector...or maybe you're all just ridiculously talented!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

I got an A2 too:) and i have heard from a little birdie that you, Chaos, are doing ADS .... Which I am too... Hello:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I got an A2 too:) and i have heard from a little birdie that you, Chaos, are doing ADS .... Which I am too... Hello:)

..or a little duck more like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

Lawliet wrote: »
    The thing about art is though, the practicals can't be marked easy or hard on a general scale. It's all up to the correctors opinion. By the sounds of it, your school got a very lovely corrector...or maybe you're all just ridiculously talented!

yeah that's true, maybe I was lucky since I wasn't that happy with my practicals.
    but I'm thinking, what about art history? afterall, it is worth 37.5% of the overall grade.
    hmm..or maybe I should stop being so skeptical. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

hello there squirrelface, ADS here we come :) ps lovin' the username :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I got a B2, appealing it as I missed my college place by 5 points! Hopefully I can make it to a B1

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Move_Ment

Also got n a2. dont have a clue how because i was banking on newgrange and used 'starry night' as a landscape in history! the marking scheme must have been ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hatred

I got an A2 despit a huge smudge of my still life drawing that i did when it feel off the table :P

Advertisement