Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you could change things about yourself?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ERR!

hmm what would I change?

looks wise- a lot I would change my body shape my legs,my bum

Personality wise I would change my temper and how stubborn I am... I hate the fact I'm really stubborn it annoys me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Physically:
    My legs (big massive trunks)
    My cheeks (fat and babyish)
    My chin(s) (I want at least 1 less of them :p)
    My boobs (Smaller, and more equal in size)
    My feet (dry, cracked mess. And don't get me started on my toenails :o)
    My stomach
    My fat arse
    My weird, pointy elbows.
    My piggy nose.

Mentally:
    My self confidence
    My social ability
    My occasional feelings of complete hopelessness. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I would change everything about myself :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I'd change a few things. I wish I was a size 6 or 8, was taller, had nicer eyebrows (they've been irritating me lately, I shape them but I'm just really unhappy with them!), had brown eyes, had a thin face, had nice feet (again, I just don't like them!) and had my hair naturally blond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Yeah there is a couple of things i'd like to chang about myself...

- Have nice clear skin.
    - Have a bit more colour because I am too pale!
    - Have a flatter stomach and be more toned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Not really. I like my face and body. I used to think I'd like 20-20 vision, but could never bring myself to have eye laser surgery! Then my boyfriend bought me glasses for my birthday one year. They were really heavy brown, funky frames, and I'm blond, pale and they were never frames I would have chosen, but they suit me. :D So I'm pretty ok with my bad eyesight now!

I guess it would be nice to have a little melanin in my skin so I could tan...just a teeny bit! But fake tan will have to suffice!!

As for personality - not a thing! If I changed anything about me I wouldn't be me any more. I've spent 32 years becoming the person I am now and I ain't perfect but I'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭elleburp

I would be less awkward around people I like and want to know better

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

physically, I'd want to get good vision, don't like wearing glasses and not being able to see, get taller and change my teeth.

I'd like to change the fact that I end up doing things at the last minute, but there is a buzz to getting something finished quite close to a deadline - this year is gonna be different. I love to get involved in things, and I probably spread myself too thin, so I need to learn how to say no, which I've been trying for the last three years, but to no result yet! I'd have confidence in myself, I never feel like I've done a good enough job. I'd take some of my own advice regarding life. I'd get rid of the dark dark thoughts that I can have and my feelings of utter despair at times about things that I shouldn't care that much about. I'd open myself up to people more, and instead of leaving things bottle up, which happens way too often, I'd talk things through

there's prob a few other things that I'll be adding to the list, just can't think at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Physically:
    My legs (big massive trunks)
    My cheeks (fat and babyish)
    My chin(s) (I want at least 1 less of them :p)
    My boobs (Smaller, and more equal in size)
    My feet (dry, cracked mess. And don't get me started on my toenails :o)
    My stomach
    My fat arse
    My weird, pointy elbows.
    My piggy nose. :(

:eek: me too! why would you want to change it?! :confused:

Why would you want smaller boobs?! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

I personally love myself exactly as I am tbh :D:p but the only thing i would change would be to whiten my teeth like a celebrity :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    I personally love myself exactly as I am tbh :D:p but the only thing i would change would be to whiten my teeth like a celebrity :)

Did you know they are investigating teeth whitening in relation to cancer of mouth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ms_Taurus

get my teeth fixed
    my boobs evened out and more pert
    my belly and stretch marks sorted
    my eyelids lifted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Wish I could accept compliements.
    Need to get rid of my lil podge belly lol.
    Wish I didn't get an urge to drunk dial :pac:
    I'd like a permanent tan:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Celulite be gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Need to get rid of my lil podge belly lol.
    Wish I didn't get an urge to drunk dial :pac:

dont pot bellys are nice on girls...

Drunk dialers are the biggest annoyance :mad:

as for changes asa dude one thing my teeth there horrid

• Advertisement

Nearly 96% of the things people want to change about themselves are changeable,and if cant live with it why not do it?
    Ofc getting bigger boobs and changing your personality is going to take time or smaller boobs is money,but everything any one has said here is changeable.
    Teeth for instance may take time to get done but easily done.

caseyann wrote: »
    Nearly 96% of the things people want to change about themselves are changeable,and if cant live with it why not do it?
    Ofc getting bigger boobs and changing your personality is going to take time or smaller boobs is money,but everything any one has said here is changeable.
    Teeth for instance may take time to get done but easily done.

Saying you'd like bigger boobs is not the same as saying you'd like breast enlargement surgery.

Malari wrote: »
    Saying you'd like bigger boobs is not the same as saying you'd like breast enlargement surgery.

You know what comes with bigger boobs without breast surgery,yep you said it big butt and thighs :D

caseyann wrote: »
    You know what comes with bigger boobs without breast surgery,yep you said it big butt and thighs :D

I never thought of it that way! ;)

Malari wrote: »
    I never thought of it that way! ;)

Happens to me all time lol if i want big boobs must suffer the big butt and thighs :(:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'd change:
    My boobs (I would quite like some)
    My silvery ass/thigh stretchmarks (make them be gone!)
    My bottom (less celllulite, more 'toned')
    My legs (longer and super-modelly)
    My skin (I'd like olive skin- less spots please!)
    My belly (I want it to be FLATTER)

(But for now, I can't be bothered having any surgery/doing exercise/going on a diet, so I'll have to put up with my faults! They make me ME!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ArerA

I'm working on losing weight. Slowly but surely, haha. :D
    I wish I could be more assertive, and less negetive.

ArerA wrote: »
    I'm working on losing weight. Slowly but surely, haha. :D
    I wish I could be more assertive, and less negetive.

Slowly is the best way.good luck with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

thing I noticed about my personality last night at a mates house that I wish I could change about myself..
    I still can't hold down a conversation with a mates parents, and I'm 26!
    Theres many other things I would love to change, but thats the newest addition to the club!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

First and foremost I would like to change how critical I am about myself (kinda ironic huh?). I am my own worst enemy.

Now to the other stuff:
    I'd love to be more toned all over. I'd love to have a higher level of fitness.
    If my skin was clearer I wouldn't complain either.

I'd like if I could put myself out there a little more. I have a habit of clamming up when around a guy I like and I wish I didn't.
    I'd like the ability not to trust people too much. I have learned from experience that some people take advantage of this trust and I end up getting trampled on.

All in all I think that these "imperfections" make me who I am. The things I have battled through in life have made me a stronger person and if I can grow to accept these "imperfections" I will be a happier person all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭JennyAnt

Would love to be taller! Just a few inches please?!?
    Like most women, I would love smaller thighs. I have a small waist and larger hips (which I used to hate when I was younger, but actually quite like it now!) However I think it would look better with smaller thighs....
    Also my laugh - My OH says its like Boycie from Only Fools and Horses! ONe time a comedian even commented on it at the laughter lounge!! :o
    And I think I have a tendency to be a bit of a people pleaser, even if it means going out of my way or taking too much on....need to learn how to say no!

Oh, I'd change my shoulders. They're annoying me today.
    I know I'm proportional and tall and whathaveyou, but couldn't I please have narrower shoulders!!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭margarite

Links234 wrote: »
    I can think of one thing I'd like to change about myself. :)
    Maybe being to smug there is always things that you may not be able to see but your friends can, did you ever think of asking them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

my white freckly skin for nice sallow skin it doesn't even have to be tanned just sallow! Thats the one thing I would change if i could!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

margarite wrote: »
    Maybe being to smug there is always things that you may not be able to see but your friends can, did you ever think of asking them:D

:eek::eek: Margarite, if you can't be friendly or non-b1tchy, don't bother to post. That statement was totally uncalled for!
    A) Please stop dragging up posts that are weeks old and responding to them (you've done this in the emotions thread too),
    B) The statement from Links was meant to be funny/as a joke and those that understood it thought it was funny, including me. If you have a look at Links's signature, you will understand why.

Margarite I know you're new and I don't mean to be harsh but I just thought that the above needed to be said.

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »
    First and foremost I would like to change how critical I am about myself (kinda ironic huh?). I am my own worst enemy.

Now to the other stuff:
    I'd love to be more toned all over. I'd love to have a higher level of fitness.
    If my skin was clearer I wouldn't complain either.

I'd like if I could put myself out there a little more. I have a habit of clamming up when around a guy I like and I wish I didn't.
    I'd like the ability not to trust people too much. I have learned from experience that some people take advantage of this trust and I end up getting trampled on.

All in all I think that these "imperfections" make me who I am. The things I have battled through in life have made me a stronger person and if I can grow to accept these "imperfections" I will be a happier person all round.
    Don t be so hard on yourself I bet you have loads of friends and have a good laugh with them I envy you that, it hard to put yourself out there and it is not easy to find some nice blokes but you never know your luck will change it always does for nice people like you good luck now that you will need it. It is always a good idea being cautious until you get to know who you can and can t trust but you will find someone.

:eek::eek: Margarite, if you can't be friendly or non-b1tchy, don't bother to post. That statement was totally uncalled for!
    A) Please stop dragging up posts that are weeks old and responding to them (you've done this in the emotions thread too),
    B) The statement from Links was meant to be funny/as a joke and those that understood it thought it was funny, including me. If you have a look at Links's signature, you will understand why.

Margarite I know you're new and I don't meant to be harsh but I just thought that the above needed to be said.
    Sorry maybe it was the wrong thing to say I used to think I was perfect and my friends told me a few home truths and it helped me I was only passing on what I learn t. I really did not mean to upset anyone

Margarite I know you're new and I don't mean to be harsh but I just thought that the above needed to be said.
    I do not mean to be bitchy or unfriendly, I had a bad week ok I m sorry, there are loads of things I d like to change about myself my butt, stomach, etc etc but I can change somethings but due to bad health am unable to change others and have to accept what I can it is not always easy good friends always help. So please give me a chance ok!!!:)

Yes it had to be said I just have a bad week, do you not have any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

I would love to change my breasts..or lack of!!! i'm very flat chested and would love to change that about myself and hopefully in the future I will. It's something that annoys me alot.

I would also like to change how insecure I can be in a relationship, I was messed around a lot before and it did affect me but I am getting better and in a great relationship..some things take time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I'd like to teach myself to shut my big mouth.

Not everyone thinks I'm funny.

I think I'm hilarious and have no sense of boundaries.

Pebbles! wrote: »
    I would love to change my breasts..or lack of!!! i'm very flat chested and would love to change that about myself and hopefully in the future I will. It's something that annoys me alot.

I would also like to change how insecure I can be in a relationship, I was messed around a lot before and it did affect me but I am getting better and in a great relationship..some things take time!!
    I wish I had a flatter tummy and smaller bum and could laugh more, pse think twice about getting bigger breasts, the only time my breasts were bigger was when I had my kids. I am sorry that you were messed around a lot but you know the old saying you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you can find your prince, and you deserve the best so have fun in the meantime.

Nasty_Girl wrote: »
    I'd like to teach myself to shut my big mouth.

Not everyone thinks I'm funny.

I think I'm hilarious and have no sense of boundaries.
    Yes I m the same, and its very hard to change believe me I've tried but u will succeed and unfortunately for me it takes a certain level intelligence to understand humor or that s what I tell myself ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

I wish I had a flatter tummy and smaller bum and could laugh more, pse think twice about getting bigger breasts, the only time my breasts were bigger was when I had my kids. I am sorry that you were messed around a lot but you know the old saying you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you can find your prince, and you deserve the best so have fun in the meantime.

No im set getting a boob job in the future!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Yes I m the same, and its very hard to change believe me I've tried but u will succeed and unfortunately for me it takes a certain level intelligence to understand humor or that s what I tell myself ha ha

I go from one extreme to the other.
    I was very quiet for too long so now I just keep yacking.

Yesterday I used the phrase "No way , you're fvcking ****ting me!!!" to my new boss.

I mean come on!! I need a good smack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭cards

happened to be listening to this. Quite apt!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWpKACBSjk0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hmm lets see, well i like my height( tho me and the bf do look hilarious at times, im 5'2ish hes 6'5)
    i like my eyes

i need to lose weight ( started back to weightwatcher today)
    i wish i wasnt so laid back at times

cards wrote: »
    happened to be listening to this. Quite apt!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWpKACBSjk0
    Thank you that was beautiful, have you any more like this, It really was very apt.

Nasty_Girl wrote: »
    I go from one extreme to the other.
    I was very quiet for too long so now I just keep yacking.

Yesterday I used the phrase "No way , you're fvcking ****ting me!!!" to my new boss.

I mean come on!! I need a good smack.
    Why bosses need to put back into their place now and then and know how to appreciate how good a worker they have and laughter is part of this I m the same with the yacking as you put it I would now get through a day unless I had a good laugh and talk, and then if I need a hand with something (I did not need this very often) I would help if required and hoped it would be there if required with a good yak in between.

Thank you that was beautiful, have you any more like this, It really was very apt.

I didn't actually think so later on.I was like wtf did you post that for. I'm always doing things like that and it bugs me.I don't even really like people but I care for them.When reading a thread like this or reading a thread about somebody asking for help in some way then I have to contribute if I think I have anything to share, however small, I just have to share. Its like a consciounce thing even though the help/advice I would offer most times would probably be out by a barn door.
    Like NastyGirl my boundaries are also poor.I work on them a lot but I just blurt whatever comes out mostly and then later am like wtf.

Anyway, I'm still ok. Personally I think the world is wrong and I'm right. I just don't fit in here. Have to be from somerwhere else.
    Anyway, heres some more clips that I found inspiring and thank you for liking that clip as I had to go rummagging for more and then strarted watching them and that has in turn inspired me and moved me out of a funk. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlyEwcplCD4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7MNB7zjBXk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ3C9SP8xRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ReZThBQmAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDgVske63cY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGRyYKF5jVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo-nbnw8zSI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dKmgPMDnCI&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2MqciSMOmk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRShWun7Mc4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7D-JQMvHYA

http://vimeo.com/1241177

http://www.heatherjansch.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zSVu76AX3I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrQqDqOx3KY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6dSF88MJMI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPnudujlBZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&feature=related&hl=en-GB&v=9BBDexSzmMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13N6gAlhAqg&feature=related

• Advertisement

ok.Just to clarify the world probably isn't wrong and I'm not right.Denial isn't going to get me anywhere. But I'm still not from here. :p

cards wrote: »
    I didn't actually think so later on.I was like wtf did you post that for. I'm always doing things like that and it bugs me.I don't even really like people but I care for them.When reading a thread like this or reading a thread about somebody asking for help in some way then I have to contribute if I think I have anything to share, however small, I just have to share. Its like a consciounce thing even though the help/advice I would offer most times would probably be out by a barn door.
    Like NastyGirl my boundaries are also poor.I work on them a lot but I just blurt whatever comes out mostly and then later am like wtf.

Anyway, I'm still ok. Personally I think the world is wrong and I'm right. I just don't fit in here. Have to be from somerwhere else.
    Anyway, heres some more clips that I found inspiring and thank you for liking that clip as I had to go rummagging for more and then strarted watching them and that has in turn inspired me and moved me out of a funk. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlyEwcplCD4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7MNB7zjBXk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ3C9SP8xRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ReZThBQmAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDgVske63cY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGRyYKF5jVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo-nbnw8zSI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dKmgPMDnCI&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2MqciSMOmk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRShWun7Mc4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7D-JQMvHYA

http://vimeo.com/1241177

http://www.heatherjansch.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zSVu76AX3I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrQqDqOx3KY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6dSF88MJMI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPnudujlBZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&feature=related&hl=en-GB&v=9BBDexSzmMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13N6gAlhAqg&feature=related
    I sometimes blurt out things in anger and immediately want to apologise and take it back, its hard to find you place in the world but eventually we all will as long as we can get off our minds what is hurting or making us angry and hopefully people will listen to each other and find out that we have more things in common then we originally thought and if I need help I hope people do not mind me asking for it and I will always try to read and if I can help I will always reply back tku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Wish I didn't trust people so easily, less gullible :o
    Physically I am working on what I want to change!!
    Wish I was less sensitive!!

Otherwise I am accepting myself after a long while :D

Pembily wrote: »
    Wish I didn't trust people so easily, less gullible :o
    Physically I am working on what I want to change!!
    Wish I was less sensitive!!

Otherwise I am accepting myself after a long while :D
    I was always told you have to like yourself first and other people will like. you are right in being slow to trust people you have learn to hold back until u see who you can trust. There are a few people out there good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Sorry maybe it was the wrong thing to say I used to think I was perfect and my friends told me a few home truths and it helped me I was only passing on what I learn t. I really did not mean to upset anyone

I'm only seeing this now, but I don't think I'm perfect. I am very, very far from perfect. there's a lot that I don't like about myself, and I'm trying very hard to change that

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement