If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Suggestion 40-50"

Options
  • 20-08-2010 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am starting to look around for a TV, 40"-50" max. Full HD with a pretty decent sound is what I am after.

I am just thinking that it doesnt really need to have a freesat tuner or even MPEG4 or even a VHF tuner as I have a separate freesat & mpeg4 decoder.

I was in the Belfast shop a couple of months ago and saw a Hitachi plasma that was at a very good price post repair and I remember it didnt have a VHF tuner.

let me know what options you would suggest.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Dixiefly

A couple of questions for you.

Firstly what sort of budget do you have in mind? (helps when suggesting TV's for you to look at:))

All of the Philips TV's from 32" and above ar 1080p Full HD and I'm sure the bulk of the TV available from RS Belfast are the same.

As a starting point check out this part of our website
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/tvindex.htm

You can also checkout Richer Belfast on
    www.richersounds.ie

All our Philips TV's have MPEG 4 and analogue tuners built in.

Have a looksee on the two sites above and if anything catches your attention let me know.

In the meantime if you give me an idea of budget I'll be able to narrow down the options for you

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

My budget isnt that high, probably max €600, that is why I thought there may have been some UK models that dont have VHF tuners or MPEG4 built in that might come in a bit lower.

Other option for me is that I might hold out till January and go a bit higher price.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

dixiefly wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I am starting to look around for a TV, 40"-50" max. Full HD with a pretty decent sound is what I am after.

I am just thinking that it doesnt really need to have a freesat tuner or even MPEG4 or even a VHF tuner as I have a separate freesat & mpeg4 decoder.

I was in the Belfast shop a couple of months ago and saw a Hitachi plasma that was at a very good price post repair and I remember it didnt have a VHF tuner.

let me know what options you would suggest.

Thanks

Dixie,

many thanks for the email and apologies for the late reply - yep that Hitachi was a bit of a bargain - however it was a pure monitor and not only did it not have a VHF tuner - it had no on-board tuners!

I have looked at what we have incoming and I have PM'd you a deal on a full 1080P 100Hz 42" that is pretty close to your budget - I don't think you will find a Tv of the same spec anywhere for the same money!

Thanks again and keep me posted if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Thanks guys, plenty to think about there.

Hi Dixie

The Philips TV John sent you a price on arrived into me today.......

So if your looking for one at the excellent price John quoted give me a buzz.

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 hop

Hi Ashley,

could you send me details of offer...what would you recommend as minimum spec for sports

ta

Hi Hop

What screen size are you looking for?
    Do you have a budget in mind?

Your going to want something with at least 100Hz and a good response time.

Thankfully all our TV's from 32" and up have these features, plus more

Check out our website here - http://www.philipsshop.ie/tvindex.htm

let me know what grabs your eye and I'll see what I can do price wise for you

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 14 hop

Hi Ash,

was wondering what the offer was you sent dixie...looking for 40/42 for the old man...mainly for sports...saw a 40pfl5605 today for e799...would this fit the bill for what he wants or do you have any other options for around e600

on a separate note, which would you recommend between the 40" 8605 & 42 " 9664 ....could you send me prices on these also

cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Hop.

We currently have the Philips 40PFL5605 for £599.95 / 749.95 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1071&Results=true&keys=philips

This would need delivered from the Belfast RicherSounds store and would cost £29.95 to do so.

We also have the 40PFL8664 is priced at £799.95 / 999.99 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1072&Results=true&keys=philips

The 40PFL8605 currently priced at £1299.95 / 1624.99 Euro although Ash might have a better price on this one!

All above prices are from RicherSounds Belfast :D

Hi Hop

I can offer you the 40PFL8605H for €1529.99 (down from the regular €1699.99)
    A pretty special TV this is as well.

I have these instock should you fancy it.

Your welcom to call in and have a demo and play about with it.

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.