Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripple Speed Issues

• 20-08-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

So I have been having just terrible speeds on my Ripple connection since Tuesday.

Used to get 2.90mbps on the button every time I did a speed test.

Now I'm only getting 0.22mbps, if I am lucky it will jump to around 0.50mbps, but the never lasts long.

I spent the last few days trying to get someone in customer services, after about 10 unanswered calls, I eventually resorted to calling the sales line. They answered within seconds!

Anyway, was speaking with a guy on Tuesday who said he would look at my connection and leave me a voicemail, I'm working the graveyard shift, of course no voicemail.

So after calling a couple of times today, he called me back and said they are having a backhaul issue and it should be sorted at most in 2 days time.

So just to let other Ripple users know.

P.S. he said they were calling customers to let them know of the issue and I was on the list to be called. Anyone actually get a call from them, without having to waste there minutes trying to get them on the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

So still no improvements on my connection.

As usual it is nearly impossible to get someone in their customer care.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Guinness69

I have a speed of 34kbps and am paying for 3mgb , You can't get anyone on the phone when you phone. I'm surprised I can even post this. I was an Ice customer and was hopeful when these took over but they could be in fact much worse . I wouldn't touch these with your barge pole

Unfortunately I have no other options. The broadband infrastructure in Ireland is ridiculous. If you are not in a populated area.. good luck.

Anyway, I spoke with Ripple again yesterday, and am due a call back today with the new time frame for repair. Better be soon. I am not a happy customer at the minute.

Wasn't sure if it was posted or not as I lost the page. Ripple are not recommendable by me. Still no word from them. The internet is back on and off anyone else have this problem. I use this from home for trading on the stock markets . I have large trades and could lose quite a bit if the net goes completely. My only back up is the phone and to get someone else to access my acc. and sell for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ptdireland

Ripple are using the old Ice Broadband network. It never worked for Ice so why should it work for Ripple.
    The Ripplecom backhaul network needs to be ripped out and a new one put in its place.
    This was a factor for the demise of Ice as they lost hundreds of customers because of cowboy speeds.

Guinness69 wrote: »
    Wasn't sure if it was posted or not as I lost the page. Ripple are not recommendable by me. Still no word from them. The internet is back on and off anyone else have this problem. I use this from home for trading on the stock markets . I have large trades and could lose quite a bit if the net goes completely. My only back up is the phone and to get someone else to access my acc. and sell for me.

• Advertisement

I've been with ICE/Ripple for about 1.5yrs. And honestly when it was ICE I only had problems for the first week I had it in. After that, I literally had a consistent speed of 2.9mbps.

Barring the odd issue over the 1.5yrs, it's been fine.

But this last week has me seriously annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

ripple are using a few different networks,the former ice network and the Amocom and Callidus/Omnitel networks,is there any other options in your area

just did this test this is what i got just now

928142967.png

Unfortunately no other options. Eircom 1mbps, but that has too low of a cap.

I had hope with Digiweb metro, but the signal is not good enough. I think I will just have to take a wait and see attitude for now.

they should be able to sort the issue m8,just keep giving them hassle,so far it has been rock solid for me no complaints ( touch wood)

I've been giving them plenty of hassle alright. I'm not letting up until it is sorted. Sure that's what I pay them for. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

SgtBob wrote: »
    I've been with ICE/Ripple for about 1.5yrs. And honestly when it was ICE I only had problems for the first week I had it in. After that, I literally had a consistent speed of 2.9mbps.

Barring the odd issue over the 1.5yrs, it's been fine.

But this last week has me seriously annoyed.

I moved to ICE when QBSL closed down. It was running ok. Came back from 3 week holidays last week and discovered that my internet is crawling. Don't know what to do as ringing them seems to have no affect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Did'nt ninetreehill broadband take over qbsl? They cover most of Kildare, why dont you try them for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

ripple seem to be as be a sower of gangsters as ice were..extremely poor service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

Did'nt ninetreehill broadband take over qbsl? They cover most of Kildare, why dont you try them for the craic.
    Thanks for that. Went on their website and they seem to do special deal for ex-QBSL customers. Just sent e-mail to them minute ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Muller42

This seems to be the same old story. If you check any threads relating to Callidus & Omnitel which Ripple took over you will find they had the same level (Non existent) of Customer Service. From what I can see it seems to be a case in rural Broadband of the Big Fish swallowing up all the little infected fish and then getting infected themselves. And like all the small companies they take over you can only get through to their Sales Line and never their Customer Service Line. This is because the line you are calling is one and the same, so when they see it's a Customer service call coming through they just don't answer. If you want customer service don't press 1, press 2 or 3 for sales or accounts, you'll be speaking to the same person anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭dowtcha

I am thinking of changing from Eircom to Ripple wireless, as I'm about 5 or so miles from my phone exchange. I did a speedtest it came out as 0.88 MBs download, 0.1 MBs upload, and 216ms latency???

Reading about Ripple above doesn't inspire confidence, plus they want a direct debit before they send someone out to check signal??
    Call me a cynic, but what are the chances that if somebody is out to me on their own time, that the signal test will be OK, and they will be charging 150e to put up receiver or whatever

Anybody got any experience usinng Ripple wireless around Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fishkyjim

would any one reccomend ripple ? in westmeath area ??

dowtcha wrote: »
    I am thinking of changing from Eircom to Ripple wireless, as I'm about 5 or so miles from my phone exchange. I did a speedtest it came out as 0.88 MBs download, 0.1 MBs upload, and 216ms latency???

Reading about Ripple above doesn't inspire confidence, plus they want a direct debit before they send someone out to check signal??
    Call me a cynic, but what are the chances that if somebody is out to me on their own time, that the signal test will be OK, and they will be charging 150e to put up receiver or whatever

Anybody got any experience usinng Ripple wireless around Cork?

im in dromina and so far so good

1048866962.png

ping could be better but overall im happy,had o2 midband before this which was crap

Hi all , Back again. Ripoff Ripple are losing me as a customer. The service is worse than ever. Many calls and always told the same old ****. I even got the Queens visit was messing up the broadband lol they said the army were blocking the area. They use a free to air frequency and it's crap as someone else can take up your connection from what I understand. I SAY STAY AWAY. Take another look around and see if there is anyone else now in your area. I'm trying eircom again for a short term if they dont keep up the speed then I'll go somewhere else if pos. BUT AS FOR RIPPLE THEY ARE CRAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I'm having terrible latency spike issues with our Amocom/Ripplenet internet lately. Up to 300 ms to UK servers for minutes on end, then back down to around 45 ms as it should be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement