Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Broadband Scheme And Three Broadband?

Options
  • 20-08-2010 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

National Broadband Scheme And Three Broadband?
    If you are getting very poor BB reception in Dublin?

Is it possible to get Three to install a Booster near my home to improve the signal?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't think the NBS covers Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

since most of north east and dublin is covered by there network NBS is mostly for rural areas for people who usually cant get DSL i doubt it if its avaliable in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

this is a waste of funds...they would rather support extension of dsl broadband to rural areas than this crap mobile broadband that will become extinct in the distant future when dsl will be available nationwide

only Eircom is available in my area (and **** that) with 3 broadband i have to stick out the modem out the window in order to get any coverage...when i have full coverage even so i cant reach over 0.7mbps during the day

Of course its a complete waste of money giving a mobile company funds to roll out a nationwide bb network it would have been better if they gave the money to UPC or eircom to expand their networks..
    i usually get between 1-3mb in day time with 3 and max of 4.5mb at night you must just be in a bad area one area can be good next can be crap its so urealiable midband is

jay93 wrote: »
    Of course its a complete waste of money giving a mobile company funds to roll out a nationwide bb network it would have been better if they gave the money to UPC to expand their networks..
    i usually get between 1-3mb in day time with 3 and max of 4.5mb at night you must just be in a bad area one area can be good next can be crap its so urealiable midband is

fixed :D

• Advertisement

fixed :D

Thanks i should have just said UPC and not eircom haha!!!
    i would love to have UPC round here the government are fools for not giving UPC the nationwide broadband funds :(:P:P

jay93 wrote: »
    Thanks i should have just said UPC and not eircom haha!!!
    i would love to have UPC round here the government are fools for not giving UPC the nationwide broadband funds :(:P:P

yeah when i was in first year in college we had the 15 mb package...was awesome lag free broadband...no restrictions either :) the joys of being able to watch Full HD videos online :)

with my current record breaking 0.7 mbps dl speeds with 3 mifi modem i cant even watch a 360 video without having to wait about a minute before its downloaded (approx 1 min vid)...imagine if i tried watching 10 min videos...frustration would be unimaginable

Advertisement