Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gowron

Options
  • 20-08-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

The ultimate Klingon in my opinion, so brilliantly (and cheesily) portrayed by Robert O Reilly? Every scene that hes in just livens up Next Gen as the acting is so OTT yet has a certain theatricality about it. A well written character too, as I think he combined the best elements of TOS and latter star trek versions of the Klingons in that he was both cunning and a warrior. As the franchise progressed the Klingons became increasingly stupid and one dimensional, and seemed to speak only in hackneyed lines, like today is a good days to die etc. yawn . But Gowron was smart, he was not above devious behaviour but could fight a good fight so in that respect, combined with the cheesy acting, he is apart, from Worf an exemplary klingon. Just look at this scene for sheer hilarity and awesomeness, the chair spin is comic and the beserker rage bit is the best bit, its all in the eye acting!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

I was always more partial to Martok myself. :pac:
    Martok.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I like them both.

I loved when he kicked the fake Kahless arse around the place! He was a good fighter, he even threw Worf through some glass!

Advertisement