Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Submit a show proposal to DCUfm

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Oh and on the subject of listener interaction, has anyone thought of embedding some sort of simple chat client into the website? Obviously it wouldn't be as good as phone chat, but it could be a neat way of getting listeners involved and probably wouldn't take much effort to maintain.

Another cool thing that could be integrated into the iPhone app, along with podcast feeds and the like! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭XPS

DCUfm wrote: »
    I'm not sure what other information you want. I can interpret statistics as well as anyone else. The visitor numbers are for the stream, not the website. The website got 120,000 hits for the three month period between February and April this year.
    On top of that over 93% of our listeners came from Ireland, the majority of the rest were UK and America. Thanks for your interest, though.

The 120,000 hits refers to the site not the stream.

The unique visitor count for Ireland to the dcufm.com website for semester two - thats Feb to end of May - is 19,560. These statistics are calculated using metatraffic software.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Cid-Highwind

DCUfm wrote: »
    I'm not sure what other information you want. I can interpret statistics as well as anyone else. The visitor numbers are for the stream, not the website.

The hits on the page with the flash box to listen to the stream are tracked with google analatics. If those are the stats used to get listenership numbers then Landa2 is correct in saying that many of the hits will be bots etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

I agree with the idea put forward by public_enemy.

Flirt FM (Galway's student radio station) have a "message the studio" function on their website and it would be good to see on DCUfm's website as well.

Advertisement