Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So If You Were Having A Baby.....

Options
  • 20-08-2010 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Would you want to know it's sex?

Think i would personally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

We've had two. Our first we didn't find out. Second one we did, and wished we hadn't. I'd always recommend not finding out. Or maybe if it is your second and you have a strong pref for one sex over the other, then dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

You'll find out eventually. What difference does it make knowing when it's in the womb?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No, I'd like it to be a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Superbus wrote: »
    You'll find out eventually. What difference does it make knowing when it's in the womb?

Conversely, you'll find out eventually so why not find out as early as you can rather than wait?

I'd find out in advance OP, it would be more practical for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Superbus wrote: »

Well i guess you'd know what king of clothes to buy and if you were painting a room for the child, what colour etc.... i'm sure there are other reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Wouldn't care as long as it wasn't ginger.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Its easier if you knew..

you could have aleady bought the necessary things.

Besides if you know your going to have a son you're gonna go out and buy every football, Gaa, Rugby jersey there is haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think I'd just start with trying to find out the mother's name who left such a horrid answering message

Best to go for neutral colours like yellow, green they are more soothing for a child of either gender. Mongolia or colours similar to it is nice too to keep things simple.

Its more exiciting to buy stuff for the baby when its born. Like clothes and toys. It doesn't matter if its a girl or a boy you can still get a bit of GAA gear! Isn't following daddies team more important than following mammies!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

I would want to know the sex, have no patience and not knowing would drive me insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

All I want to know is if it's going to be ginger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

Duggy747 wrote: »
    All I want to know is if it's going to be ginger.
    Aww.. I would love a little redheaded girl!
    So cute
    Definitely wouldnt want to know the sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

No, I'd like it to be a surprise.
    Firstly there is only 2 options so it's never going to be much of a surprise secondly how does finding out early ruin the surprise? It just moves it forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I wouldn't want to know. I hate spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

I'd like to know so that you could go out and buy pink or blue,the usual colours instead of having to buy a bunch of neutral colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

found out last 2 times and will again this time, makes no sense to me not to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

After hopping on the ship to the UK, I couldn't give a hoot what the potential gender of the inconvenience is. But if I were at the stage where I would go ahead, then I don't care either way but there'd be none of this pink or blue crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I found out with my first at 21 weeks (emergency scan) it was a girl.

They refused to tell me with my 2 boys, but the scan of my third baby it was quite obvious he was a he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Mongolia or colours similar to it is nice too to keep things simple.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

its a boy, congratulations.

lol

There is such a colour as mongolia like not just the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

its magnolia

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I found out with my first at 21 weeks (emergency scan) it was a girl.

They refused to tell me with my 2 boys, but the scan of my third baby it was quite obvious he was a he.
    Who are "they" and why did they refuse you?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

its magnolia

More lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Degag wrote: »
    Would you want to know it's sex?
    Would I want to know it is sex?? I think if I was having a baby it would be from sex all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

I think Id rather wait and see, but Im pretty impatient so I dont know.

It would be more exciting not knowin what youre gonna have, and Id rather pick stuff out after they were born.

n the whole pink or blue thing is a bit cliche for me anyway.... green all the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'd like to think i'd wait,but i'm a bit impatient at times, so i'd probably find out. Then regret asking.
    Wouldn't let everyone else know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

WindSock wrote: »
    After hopping on the ship to the UK, I couldn't give a hoot what the potential gender of the inconvenience is. But if I were at the stage where I would go ahead, then I don't care either way but there'd be none of this pink or blue crap.

Well I hope when you feel, that your are at THAT stage, that things dont work out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I'd like to think i'd wait,but i'm a bit impatient at times, so i'd probably find out. Then regret asking.
    Wouldn't let everyone else know though.
    why?

Advertisement