Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone go to an interview while off cigs early on?!!

Options
  • 20-08-2010 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Well just out of my second interview in a few weeks and OMG (which I don't usually use 'cause I am nearly 40 ;))

I thought the first time it was simply a craving, but no, it is no co-incidence. I thought I was grand chatting away no pressure, I have a job already so not so urgent. But jeez as soon as I got out - fumbling in my bag for the chewing gum Extra ICE! (it deserves its full title at this stage). And it felt as if everyone on Baggot street was smoking on their lunch breaks.

It is quite ironic because when I was a smoker (up til just over 6 weeks) I would be most conscious of being a smoker. I smoked, so no matter what I did, you could tell that I smoked - the smell, the look, the discoloured teeth. SO I am sure they could tell I was a smoker and I HATED that. It was one of the few occasions when I felt dirty while smoking.
    Now after quitting the first thing I want to reach for is a cigarette!!

Anyhow suffice to say I didn't smoke, but I fairly milled it down to Stephens Green Car Park in my high heels to get OUT OF THERE!

On a much more lighter note - after the interview I went to the dentist and got my teeth cleaned, and they 1,000,000 times better - yes, they can be cleaned! - and I feel better - white (ish) teeth and a non-smoker ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

NavanEPS wrote: »
    Well just out of my second interview in a few weeks and OMG (which I don't usually use 'cause I am nearly 40 ;))

I thought the first time it was simply a craving, but no, it is no co-incidence. I thought I was grand chatting away no pressure, I have a job already so not so urgent. But jeez as soon as I got out - fumbling in my bag for the chewing gum Extra ICE! (it deserves its full title at this stage). And it felt as if everyone on Baggot street was smoking on their lunch breaks.

It is quite ironic because when I was a smoker (up til just over 6 weeks) I would be most conscious of being a smoker. I smoked, so no matter what I did, you could tell that I smoked - the smell, the look, the discoloured teeth. SO I am sure they could tell I was a smoker and I HATED that. It was one of the few occasions when I felt dirty while smoking.
    Now after quitting the first thing I want to reach for is a cigarette!!

Anyhow suffice to say I didn't smoke, but I fairly milled it down to Stephens Green Car Park in my high heels to get OUT OF THERE!

On a much more lighter note - after the interview I went to the dentist and got my teeth cleaned, and they 1,000,000 times better - yes, they can be cleaned! - and I feel better - white (ish) teeth and a non-smoker ;)

Yeah after interviews or a solid hard day at work a smoke was always called for. But not being a stinky addict is more important now.

Advertisement