Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Softmod Wii 3.3e firmware

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

have u installed botmi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

massy086 wrote: »
    have u installed botmi

He can do that when installing the HBC after the update can't he? (I think* :o) It's only of any use if it can be installed as Boot1, installing it as an IOS isn't a great advantage. And if it's a recent Wii it's more than likely going to be as an IOS only.

*This is what happens when all your consoles are modded & you've nothing left to do :pac: It's the equivilent of a modding bus pass :D You just fall out of the loop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

My attempt at modding did not go to plan...still working tho!

How do I bring it back to factory default before trying to hack again?

m8 wrote: »
    My attempt at modding did not go to plan...still working tho!

How do I bring it back to factory default before trying to hack again?

Why do you need to factory reset? What problem are you having?

Following a guide hack my wii and getting loads of errors.

Must have done something wrong but not sure so I wanted to start over again.

• Advertisement

Following a guide hack my wii and getting loads of errors.

Must have done something wrong but not sure so I wanted to start over again.

I see. What so far has been successfully done to your Wii?

Bannerbomb ExploitHackmii Installer (IOS only)
    Pimp My Wii (loads of errors here...unable to find files)

• Load priiloader from Homebrew Channel.
    • Hold the (B) and press (+) to start the installation.
    • After finished installing, press the power button and hold the reset button on the front of your Wii.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Ensure Autoboot: and Return to: are set to System Menu.
    • Change the Background Color to Black.
    • Save settings.
    • Press (B) and go to System Menu Hacks.
    • Enable desired hacks. At minimum i suggest enable Block Disc Updates, Move Disc Channel, and Block Online Updates. ( not able to get any of these)
    • Save Settings.
    • Press (B) and select Homebrew Channel.
    • Go to Step 5 - cIOS and Custom Channels.
    This is as much as i remember, I tried to completed the guide but nothing else worked as should have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Forget about pimp my wii for a minute and after the bannerbomb exploit run hackmii v.08 and it'll install bootmii and the homebrew channel. When you have the homebrew channel everything is much clearer and easier

I have the HBC v .08

I need to get these done?
    Enable desired hacks. At minimum enable Block Disc Updates, Move Disc Channel, and Block Online Updates.

But how do I do them now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I have the HBC v .08

I need to get these done?
    Enable desired hacks. At minimum enable Block Disc Updates, Move Disc Channel, and Block Online Updates.

But how do I do them now?

On Pimp My Wii, did you do a minimal install, then scan and fix problems afterwards?

You can enable the hacks on Priiloader, once it's installed you can turn on the wii with the reset button held in to get to the priiloader settings.

• Advertisement

yes I done the minimal install and the scan and fix found loads of problems but was unable to fix them.

Tried to enable the hacks in priiloader but could not see them in there.
    I think it's because not everything worked when following the guide.

How do you play a dvd...where do you launch it from....can't see any options in HBC?

On Pimp My Wii, did you do a minimal install, then scan and fix problems afterwards?

You can enable the hacks on Priiloader, once it's installed you can turn on the wii with the reset button held in to get to the priiloader settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

To get the hacks to appear in Priloader you actually need to go to the Priloader wiki page and get one of the hacks.ini examples from there.
    You need to copy and paste the relevant one (4.2 if you've upgraded to 4.2 etc...) into notepad and save that file as hacks.ini on your SD card, everything should then show up when you choose the hacks menu.

yes I done the minimal install and the scan and fix found loads of problems but was unable to fix them.

Tried to enable the hacks in priiloader but could not see them in there.
    I think it's because not everything worked when following the guide.

How do you play a dvd...where do you launch it from....can't see any options in HBC?

Are you doing an online installation? that way you can get all the files it needs as it needs them, i never tried an offline installation, that might be where your problems are coming from.

You launch a dvd through Neogamma.

Online install
    Are you doing an online installation? that way you can get all the files it needs as it needs them, i never tried an offline installation, that might be where your problems are coming from.

You launch a dvd through Neogamma.

My version is 3.4E will the 3.2 Pal work?

Also is it on the root of the SD card i paste it to?
    tman wrote: »
    To get the hacks to appear in Priloader you actually need to go to the Priloader wiki page and get one of the hacks.ini examples from there.
    You need to copy and paste the relevant one (4.2 if you've upgraded to 4.2 etc...) into notepad and save that file as hacks.ini on your SD card, everything should then show up when you choose the hacks menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Not a clue tbh... I wouldn't fancy just trying random files designed for other firmware revisions.

If I were you I'd seriously think about upgrading to 4.2 using waninkoko's updater, I'm sure you could get it all working on 3.4, but you'll find resources for modding 4.2 a lot easier to come by

If you do want to try it, then yep, just stick it on the root of the SD card. Just don't blame me if it explodes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

<cut>

Thats what I want to do but would I need to restore it beck to factory default before updating to 4.2 or can I just update and start from scratch?

Will the moding I have done be overwritten by the update?

tman wrote: »
    Not a clue tbh... I wouldn't fancy just trying random files designed for other firmware revisions.

If I were you I'd seriously think about upgrading to 4.2 using waninkoko's updater, I'm sure you could get it all working on 3.4, but you'll find resources for modding 4.2 a lot easier to come by

If you do want to try it, then yep, just stick it on the root of the SD card. Just don't blame me if it explodes!

Thats what I want to do but would I need to restore it beck to factory default before updating to 4.2 or can I just update and start from scratch?

Will the moding I have done be overwritten by the update?

It won't be overwritten if you use Waninkoko's updater, it will be if you do an official update.

I just found a guide to update to 4.1e

would this be better than 4.2

Can I use the pimp my wii guide from start again without problems afterwords?

• Advertisement

I just found a guide to update to 4.1e

would this be better than 4.2

Can I use the pimp my wii guide from start again without problems afterwords?

Seriously, you've been told any version can be soft-modded, with 4.2E having the most recent guides/tools/tutorials (4.3 needs a specific game). Why would 4.1 be better than 4.2? A few people have already mentioned Waninkoko's 4.2 Updater, it's not hard to find.

Hi EnterNow
    Having trouble locating that guide? any chance you could pm me a link please?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Seriously, you've been told any version can be soft-modded, with 4.2E having the most recent guides/tools/tutorials (4.3 needs a specific game). Why would 4.1 be better than 4.2? A few people have already mentioned Waninkoko's 4.2 Updater, it's not hard to find.

Hi EnterNow
    Having trouble locating that guide? any chance you could pm me a link please?

A link to the guide or the Waninkoko updater? I can prob give you a link to the guide, not sure about the updater though as it's kind of borderline in terms of the charter.

yep a link to the guide would be nice ;)

I have managed to sort most of my problems and an update to 4.2E I think would sort the rest for me.

There's no guide needed really;

1) Run Hackmii v0.5 and update Homebrew Channel, DVDx and BootMii.

2) Run Firmware Updater 4.2.

All cIOSes and boot2 version should remain.

If you don't update Homebrew Channel and DVDx first, you will have to use the SmashStack or Indiana Pwns exploit to restore them!

The updater is easy to find. Two steps and your done.

All done just need to test it now. ;)

All done just need to test it now. ;)

it's weird how the tut didn't work for you. 100's of people used that with no issues! me included.

Not sure what happened but maybe I missed a step or something.

Good learning curve thos as I only had the wii 1 day before I started never even played a game on it before. :)
    it's weird how the tut didn't work for you. 100's of people used that with no issues! me included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭branners69

EnterNow wrote: »
    There's no guide needed really;

1) Run Hackmii v0.5 and update Homebrew Channel, DVDx and BootMii.

2) Run Firmware Updater 4.2.

All cIOSes and boot2 version should remain.

If you don't update Homebrew Channel and DVDx first, you will have to use the SmashStack or Indiana Pwns exploit to restore them!

The updater is easy to find. Two steps and your done.

I have a Wii with Ver 3.1E, and want to update it. Am I ok to do the above???

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement