Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pedalboard - Built in power or not?

• 20-08-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

Going to pick up a pedalboard in the next few weeks, and am torn between one with a built-in power supply, or buy them separately.

Been looking at the Harley Benton one and the Boss BCB-60 especially, as they just look really handy for the price.

What are other people using?

Built in power - separate power 10 votes

Built-in
    0% 0 votes
    Seperate
    50% 5 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    50% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Going to pick up a pedalboard in the next few weeks, and am torn between one with a built-in power supply, or buy them separately.

Been looking at the Harley Benton one and the Boss BCB-60 especially, as they just look really handy for the price.

What are other people using?

What pedals have you got?

I suppose its easier with a built in power supply but I have no problems with a boss adapter and daisy chaining it. Just make sure it can power all your pedals.

If you are going to go the root of a seperate power supply, I'd reccomend this http://www.thomann.de/ie/pedaltrain_mini_sc.htm?sid=7b5311f41581a2e776222fc6b3e32c72

I just recently bought one but haven't got it all set up yet as Im building some pedals at the moment before I do. Seems great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Depends what pedals you need, ive monstly 9v no others so a dc brick is aok, or an adapter and daisy chain..

if you have other pedals with different polarities and voltages prob best you stear clear of inbuilt 9v boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

I use a pedaltrain pro and a voodoo labs pedal power II

wouldn't touch anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

I've the Gator DC brick for power.
    Noise free, and works great.
    It's got three 18Vdc points too, the MXR 10 band graphic requires 18Vdc for example.

I'd be concerned about using wahs in either of those cases. Neither seem to have any 18Vdc. Both of these may or may not be a problem depending on what pedals you use.
    I'd also be concerned about the HBs power supply quality in terms of noise and regulation. 1 amp won't got too far either, probably ok for up to 3 pedals, again depending on the pedals themselves.

Advertisement