Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sport courses

• 20-08-2010 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

i dropped out of college last year as i hated the course i hope to do a sport course this year.has anybody heard anything on what the points will be like for this type of course this year.the course i want to do was only 5 point less than the points i got in the leaving so should i be ok or am i likely to miss out on the course

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah anyone have any idea? Got 10 points more than the course I applied for so hoping it doesn't go up too much.. Doesn't seem like many on here applied for sports courses, which must be a good sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭padolicious

Bump :P

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

What ones did yous apply for? I got 40 points below what I needed.:(

And for some reason there was a requirement of a B3 in Maths, its a ****ing sports course.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Sports Management in UCD was my first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

DB10 wrote: »
    And for some reason there was a requirement of a B3 in Maths, its a ****ing sports course.....:rolleyes:
    Pass or hons? 0_o

What course specifically are you applying for, that does seem a little strange?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭padolicious

Sports science and health in tallaght. Points were 350 last year and i got 370. safe? :confused:

And does anyone know anything about the new sports rehabilitation and athletic therapy course in carlow? points prediction?

Pass or hons? 0_o

What course specifically are you applying for, that does seem a little strange?

Sports management in UCD, like Ferris Bueller a few posts up.

It was for ordinary, I should have got a B3 but paper 1 went terrible. Still I find it strange considering most of the Uni business courses only require a C3 in pass maths.

Even worse, I looked into to the SM diploma in UCD which is the only route into the course from a lower level and it to requires a B3 in Maths, it doesn't even use the CAO to apply.

Sports management in UCD, like Ferris Bueller a few posts up.

It was for ordinary, I should have got a B3 but paper 1 went terrible. Still I find it strange considering most of the Uni business courses only require a C3 in pass maths.

Even worse, I looked into to the SM diploma in UCD which is the only route into the course from a lower level and it to requires a B3 in Maths, it doesn't even use the CAO to apply.
    I notice modules on financial management etc., may explain the maths requirement. Why a B3 rather than a C3 I don't know, maybe they were finding that people were struggling?

I notice modules on financial management etc., may explain the maths requirement. Why a B3 rather than a C3 I don't know, maybe they were finding that people were struggling?
    Must be something to do with that I assume. And maybe it cuts alot of people who have applied without having to raise the points ie me...:pac:

There are only 40 places I suppose. Then again the B3 for the Diploma seems far fetched, although I'm told that diploma is meant for actual sports people, so I didn't try to pursue that not that I can now anyway.

Then again the B3 for the Diploma seems far fetched ...
    Well, it seems to be basically the first part of the same basic course, so reasonable enough that admission requirements would be similar.

Be aware that the fact that that one is a part-time course presumably means that the Free Fees Initiative doesn't apply, so you would be paying whatever fee they set.

• Advertisement

Well, it seems to be basically the first part of the same basic course, so reasonable enough that admission requirements would be similar.

Be aware that the fact that that one is a part-time course presumably means that the Free Fees Initiative doesn't apply, so you would be paying whatever fee they set.
    Cheers didn't know that. That option is dead and buried for sure anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

What ones did yous apply for? I got 40 points below what I needed.:(

Ive applied for Business Studies in Recreation and Leisure in IT sligo it was 285 last year and Ive only got 290 so i really don't know what the chances of me getting it are.does anyone ave any idea if I'm in with a chance?

Advertisement