Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a tattoo

Options
  • 20-08-2010 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I am looking to get a tattoo accross by back and a bit up my neck, i mean from shoulder to shoulder and a bit down my arm to match in with a tribal dragon tattoo i have i need help on two things? The first is my biggest problem.

When i got my tattoo on my arm i just kept fainting all the time so i had to lie down to get it done, so can i get the one on my back if i was lieing down could this be done does any one no.

ALSO

Does anybody know of anythig i could get on my back any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Of course it can be done, explain to the artist whats happened in the past and surely theyll work around it.
    Ideas? Easiest would be to just follow the theme of whatever you have on your arm considering you want them to link up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Did you have something decent-sized to eat before you got your tattoo?
    Or a bar of chocolate or a bottle of Lucozade whilst getting it done?

If you didn't, that could be why you were fainting.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Did you have something decent-sized to eat before you got your tattoo?
    Or a bar of chocolate or a bottle of Lucozade whilst getting it done?

If you didn't, that could be why you were fainting.

I know youre not recommending that the OP use an energy drink, just merely questioning where he did or not, but just as an aside.. its not good to recommend energy drinks to people getting tattoos. If they dont usually drink alot of them, but do whilst getting a tattoo, they can become very jittery or be on edge alot which wont help at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I know youre not recommending that the OP use an energy drink, just merely questioning where he did or not, but just as an aside.. its not good to recommend energy drinks to people getting tattoos. If they dont usually drink alot of them, but do whilst getting a tattoo, they can become very jittery or be on edge alot which wont help at all.

Oh right, always thought people should, well not should but it'd help, to have Lucozade or Powerade or something along those lines.:o

At least I know for the future.:P

Live and learn :D
    OP just have a fat eff'n chicken fillet roll before ya head into the studio and do keep some chocolate and a bottle of water by your side. You could also try zoning out with a well chosen playlist on the aul iPod or whatever you use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

OP was it actual fainting, or feeling sick/dizzy? Either way, I agree what has already been said in regards to having a good meal about an hour or so beforehand and to have some snacks and water during. (Dehydration will only exacerbate fainting/dizziness.) If you smoke, avoid this during as it can affect your blood pressure and pulse which won't help the fainting spells. To be honest, I'd get my blood pressure checked at the doctors before getting such a big piece and with your previous problems- you want to be sure you're in good health before getting a large piece done... possibly throw in a blood test too whilst you're at it. And I'd suggest getting the work done in stages since you've had problems before.

As for ideas... find an artist that you really like and ask them for some ideas. They'd be your best bet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

OP, make sure you have eaten healthy the day before and the day of the tattoo, as in breakfast and lunch. Had a 2 and a half sitting the other day on a back piece and after an hour asked to move from lying down to sitting up due to a stiff neck.

DO NOT go drinking the night before as you will be dehydrated and it thins your blood leading to more likely chance to pass out or feel unwell! As above, did you actually pass out or just feel unwell? Also, do you really want this tattoo as you see not too bothered and there is little thought from your original post? Go talk to a well known tattoo studio and see (If in Limerick AllStar Ink) as a large piece like the one you have in mind needs a lot of thought. Do some more research, look into biomechanical (they are dynamic and 3D tattoos and look well).

One thing I will recommend is having something fizzy to drink immediately after and food. I felt fine during my the tattoo but once I stood up a dizziness came on due to a low blood sugar level etc. Try and have some food and a coke within 20mins or so after (I felt a lot better after a quick chinese and fizzy drink).

Finally, and I don't know if this applies to others but I was absolutely knackered that night of the tattoo. Started at 3:30 and finished at 6pm and it didn't bother me to much extent with pain during it, but once 8pm hit I was exhausted and was in bed by 10:30pm and slept for a good 10 hours so make sure you have a decent night's sleep ahead if it is going to be a long sitting (probably longer with yours).

Advertisement